First Evaluation: Measuring competition (How many promotions/demotions were there)

sydneymorgan

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I think it’s time to say GOOD BYE to Fiverr.

Okay then, if you must. You really don’t need to announce this to us. It is your right to choose where you want to do business. But you do still have to abide by the rules of the site, whether you like them or not. If you do plan to leave, then let me be the first to wish you luck on your future endeavors.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3000 level 2 and 8000 level 1 gigs removed/paused - possibly due to the number of active gigs limitation.

Would explain why the Translation numbers didnt reduce as much - translation is translation - very few translators would need/use more than 5 gigs.

Maybe Fiverr pulled many of the duplicate, triplicate etc. gigs?

Oh I read that totally wrong, I shouldn’t read or write before my first real coffee.

Coincidentally, actually I used to have more different translation gigs up but paused all but the main one some months ago, for different reasons though (they were really different, not like those many duplicates that category suffers from).

I think to have noticed quite a few duplicate gigs and accounts disappear but being replaced by new ones. Maybe translation has reached a kind of self-regulating balance in numbers.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I know after reading this post “The PRO Fiverr Defenders” will come in the ground and start defending Fiverr and start blaming me and these 55k new sellers.

Of all categories, Logo and graphic design is the one that I believe needed to be shaken up the most. Being a designer yourself, you will probably not have tried to hire one before. Leaving the final delivery til later, it is the worst experience you can have on the site.

Browsing through gigs - you go through a sea of sellers who all have the same or similar portfolios and when doing a little research you see tons of sellers have stolen designs from elsewhere and each other.

Submitting a Buyer request - you get about 250 responses, many of which have literally the same response (meaning they are multiple accounts) and about 3 of which have actually read the brief. If you are lucky, one of those 3 might actually be usable, only for them to go and take a template from the closest thing they can match to the brief and then they use MS paint to add in the company name… (OK, I am exaggerating a bit, but its not far off).

Looking around the internet, logo design is the category that has the worst rep, along with SEO. Any logo designers out there should really work on getting their stats up and getting their level up because the standard is absolutely abysmal. If that is not a possibility then at least do something to make your profile and gigs stand out from the rest - don’t just show the same “4 designs in one” image that everyone else has.

Archived