First Evaluation: Measuring competition (How many promotions/demotions were there)

sydneymorgan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that’s crazy! Is this really what Fiverr had in mind? One would think Fiverr earns less, the less sellers can offer a good selection of gig extras.

Not necessarily - let’s assume that many sellers were demoted for cancellations:

All of those cancellations cost Fiverr both money and possibly reputation!

Numbers for “translation” (remember, it´s the number of gigs, not of sellers):
TRS: 27 > 21
level 2: 2465 > 1195
level 1: 1689 > 2067
new sellers: 8096 > 9231

I looked at the first page translation for my language pair, the only TRS I´d ever seen for that language pair is level 2 now. 😕
I noticed a pretty big discrepancy between the relation TRS/seller number in some categories too, seems to be more difficult in some.

Numbers for “translation” (remember, it´s the number of gigs, not of sellers):

TRS: 27 > 21

level 2: 2465 > 1195

level 1: 1689 > 2067

new sellers: 8096 > 9231

I looked at the first page translation for my language pair, the only TRS I´d ever seen for that language pair is level 2 now. 😕

I noticed a pretty big discrepancy between the relation TRS/seller number in some categories too, seems to be more difficult in some.

Good point! Gigs, not sellers 🙈

Will be interesting to see what happens on Feb 15. Another 50% drop? Or 25% that time?

Looking through some categories that people posted, it seems like roughly half of all level 2 sellers got demoted.

Looking at the “writing” section, it shows a crazy change!

Was 11k+ level 2, now there is just over 4000!!!

it seems like roughly half of all level 2 sellers got demoted.

I think its actually a lot more than half, since the current number of level twos is a combination of promotions from level 1 and demotions from TRS.

Again, though, we need to take into account that I think we agreed somewhere up in the thread that the numbers are gigs, not sellers - for example, one of the people in my category who have been demoted from level 2 to 1 has 4 gigs (3x the exact same thing actually, the other not much different) showing just on page 1.
I only have 1 gig up currently myself (usually, anything from 1-5) but many sellers use/d all their slots, so while those numbers are an indication of course, we still need to keep in mind that it´s the number of gigs. 🙂

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

These are the results for the search term “writing” (under All Categories with no exclusions).

Day of first evaluation (January) next to results after April’s evaluation
317000584_ScreenShot2018-01-15at7_25_08AM.png.078cd7cfab4e9ef172932f79ca63e47a.png440165706_ScreenShot2018-05-04at3_22_41PM.png.b77b41c80f873b142668473baefb931a.png

I find it hard to believe that 10,000+ sellers/gigs have left the platform since January, but I could be wrong. 😊

These are the results for the search term “writing” (under All Categories with no exclusions).

08%20AM41%20PM

I find it hard to believe that 10,000+ sellers/gigs have left the platform since January, but I could be wrong. 😊

3000 level 2 and 8000 level 1 gigs removed/paused - possibly due to the number of active gigs limitation.

Would explain why the Translation numbers didnt reduce as much - translation is translation - very few translators would need/use more than 5 gigs.

08%20AM41%20PM

I find it hard to believe that 10,000+ sellers/gigs have left the platform since January,

Was that screenshot taken today?

They have removed the label from gigs that are "new seller"s. That might be why. They just did it today, along with top rated sellers labels.

The number of new sellers would actually have increased, not decreased, since the level ones have decreased.

That “new seller” number really would have ballooned out to a huge number, so they decided to just remove it from most gigs as of today.

I find it hard to believe that 10,000+ sellers/gigs have left the platform since January,

They have removed the label from gigs that are "new seller"s. That might be why. They just did it today, along with top rated sellers labels.

The number of new sellers would actually have increased, not decreased, since the level ones have decreased.

That “new seller” number really would have ballooned out to a huge number, so they decided to just remove it from most gigs as of today.

The image on the right was taken just this morning. It’s a very dramatic decline so I feel that it just has to be inaccurate (or, as @eoinfinnegan said, a lot of gigs have been paused due to the new restrictions).

That’s surprising that they wouldn’t want to display the TRS label to buyers everywhere they can. More changes that leave sellers scratching their heads.

08%20AM41%20PM

Is it same with “writing” and “Writing”? Not so long ago, that was big issue

Archived