Fiverr Black Friday

mishaelwriters

Okay, guys since most of you don’t like the idea. I think we should forget about it.

Okay, guys since most of you don’t like the idea. I think we should forget about it.

Why do you want us to join? You won’t gain anything if all of us lower our prices.

If you wish to offer a special deal then do it. If your competitors are not lowering their prices then in theory you should get sales boost.

I’m fully booked until Jan. Why would I want to lower my prices and overload myself with orders?

Besides, my personal experience is that the lower my prices are the worse clients I get.

So, no thank you 🙂

For anyone who DOES want to make a Black Friday offer, I suggest that you add the words “Black Friday” to your Gig Title and/or your Gig tags. In the description, explain what the extra offer is.
Do remember that your gig MIGHT be taken out of search for a period of time if you edit it though so keep that in mind.
Alternatively you could create a specific Black Friday/Cyber Monday gig.

Also, as others have said, those bargain hunters can sometimes be the worst kind of clients so be careful!
Edit: If you are creating a Black Friday offer, make sure it is significantly better value than usual, otherwise CS might get complaints about you for misleading advertising - I don’t think they would be pleased if that happens.

For anyone who DOES want to make a Black Friday offer, I suggest that you add the words “Black Friday” to your Gig Title and/or your Gig tags. In the description, explain what the extra offer is.

Do remember that your gig MIGHT be taken out of search for a period of time if you edit it though so keep that in mind.

Alternatively you could create a specific Black Friday/Cyber Monday gig.

Also, as others have said, those bargain hunters can sometimes be the worst kind of clients so be careful!

Edit: If you are creating a Black Friday offer, make sure it is significantly better value than usual, otherwise CS might get complaints about you for misleading advertising - I don’t think they would be pleased if that happens.

Great idea! Thanks! (20chars)

@mishaelwriters

It’s not a good idea, just because, mainly, the black friday is a marketing strategy, to clean up the products stocks which aren’t selling as expected, so generating cash flow, but at buyers sight, it’s amazing.

99% of us, sellers, don’t sell products, but services only. Services has no stocks, which are theoretically infinite, so there is no mean to offer discounts to clean up stocks that doesn’t exist.

Also think us as companies. Not every company/store participates on black friday promotion. So you are free to offer your services with huge discounts to any buyer, and let those who doesn’t want to do this just “not doing this”.

I hope it helps to understand why it’s not a good idea

@mishaelwriters

It’s not a good idea, just because, mainly, the black friday is a marketing strategy, to clean up the products stocks which aren’t selling as expected, so generating cash flow, but at buyers sight, it’s amazing.

99% of us, sellers, don’t sell products, but services only. Services has no stocks, which are theoretically infinite, so there is no mean to offer discounts to clean up stocks that doesn’t exist.

Also think us as companies. Not every company/store participates on black friday promotion. So you are free to offer your services with huge discounts to any buyer, and let those who doesn’t want to do this just “not doing this”.

I hope it helps to understand why it’s not a good idea

yes correct, agree with @xuntes

Archived