Average Prices - But Why?

ssj1236

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Advertising a low price isn’t the key to getting sales or getting people to look at your brand.

I’m surprised to hear you say this!

I see car ads all the time right now advertising discounts of the price, discounts on leases,

0% interest on loans, etc.

It is exactly how to get people to look at what you are selling.

Look at a certain writer here who has over 60 orders in his queue all the time and only has one thing on his thumbnails:

2 articles for $5.

The local grocery stores spend huge amounts mailing out fliers every week to local people advertising their weekly sales. I could go on and on. I’m sure you know that stores and just about any type of business has sales to bring in customers.

They know the customers who come for the sales will spend more than they expected to, but the sales brought them into the store.

What has been the one key to fiverr’s success all these years? Look at the name of the site: FIVERR. Everything for only $5.

I see car ads all the time right now advertising discounts of the price, discounts on leases,

0% interest on loans, etc.

There have been discounts in the malls in the summer. For instance them clothing shops. And guess where they put the discounted clothes?? In the front where people who pass by can see them super interesting prices. I did come to those malls (in the capital city) and ended up with buying some discounted ones and not the discounted ones, simply because I was attractted by what they display in the front. Had they displayed the price of most expensive clothes in the front, I wouldn´t bother to check them out (unless I really need the item and cannot find it somewhere else). But of course people are different and I am speaking for myself. 🙂

Heck, even an expensive restaurant will proudly put up advertising in any form they could possibly do when they have a good package of a good deal and people get interested.

Well, it´s convenient for all the people who keep opening threads asking how much we earn, so they can do the maths for the people who won´t reply to those threads…

What became of protection of user’s privacy? I feel like this is data that shouldn´t be published by default, I don´t quite like it from this angle.

As far as if buyers won´t look at or won´t buy gigs with a higher average price - I’m relying on buyers’ intelligence, most of them will be able to consider that a low average might mean the seller sells mostly 10-minute-jobs (which, depending on what you want to buy, doesn´t have to be a negative), while a higher average might mean that the seller gets mostly or a lot of bigger jobs, etc. I don´t see it harming anyone much, but I might be wrong, and it might differ from category to category, too, but we’ll see, if and once they roll it out ‘globally’.

Well, it´s convenient for all the people who keep opening threads asking how much we earn, so they can do the maths for the people who won´t reply to those threads…

What became of protection of user’s privacy? I feel like this is data that shouldn´t be published by default, I don´t quite like it from this angle.

As far as if buyers won´t look at or won´t buy gigs with a higher average price - I’m relying on buyers’ intelligence, most of them will be able to consider that a low average might mean the seller sells mostly 10-minute-jobs (which, depending on what you want to buy, doesn´t have to be a negative), while a higher average might mean that the seller gets mostly or a lot of bigger jobs, etc. I don´t see it harming anyone much, but I might be wrong, and it might differ from category to category, too, but we’ll see, if and once they roll it out ‘globally’.

What became of protection of user’s privacy? I feel like this is data that shouldn´t be published

Yes!!! I do not want people to see my average price for each gig. It’s no one’s business buy mine. This is personal information regarding how much I earn. People can figure out my income.

What became of protection of user’s privacy? I feel like this is data that shouldn´t be published

Yes!!! I do not want people to see my average price for each gig. It’s no one’s business buy mine. This is personal information regarding how much I earn. People can figure out my income.

Untitled.thumb.png.1adb8a8568abf38cdb84f4bcc84005c2.png

Plus you gotta deal with this stuff once they know how much you makin…not cool guys, not cool.

Untitled.thumb.png.4e0081f9a9a63a0849a3f9caac2fbd6c.png

Archived