How do you manage your income from Fiverr?

smashradio

Dude, looking at your pic I can say for certain that the only reason you’re single is because you want to be. Considering how great you look as well as being from India you would’ve been married years ago!

I am single because I am in a community where everyone is a PHD or has done MS in computer science and lives in the US…one of my cousins is a professor in MIT, for example…I am a college dropout. Well, anyway.

I am single because I am in a community where everyone is a PHD or has done MS in computer science and lives in the US…one of my cousins is a professor in MIT, for example…I am a college dropout. Well, anyway.

You should just get in touch with some shop owners in Gran Canaria. Lots of shops ran by indians, and they can make 5000 euros easy in provisions 😛

You should just get in touch with some shop owners in Gran Canaria. Lots of shops ran by indians, and they can make 5000 euros easy in provisions 😛

Stuff you wish you knew before you decided to go withs something else.

As a freelancer, I know that my income might not always be steady. Thankfully, I have a full-time dayjob as well, but a huge part of my income is from Fiverr.

We all know that when a Gig is approved by the buyer, it takes 14 days before the money is through clearance and can be withdrawn.

Since the income can be rather unsteady for some, and because of the 14 day delay it can be difficult to manage the economy for some. I myself have sometimes withdrawn 30 USD just to afford dinner the next day. Other times I will have 1k to withdraw, and life is good. So my question to you is: how do you manage your income on Fiverr? Do you withdraw every day, once a week, once a month… And any tips for surviving the sometimes unsteady income that comes with working as a freelancer?

Personally, I follow these tips in order to manage my income properly:

• Because of unsteady income, I always try to save up at least two months worth of income for emergencies. Unexpected bills, repairs, new parts for my computer or recording setup, or just as a buffer for a bad month. I find having that security and backup helps me sleep at night. You never know when some shit turns up.

• Make payday a yeyday. I try to give myself a pat on the back whenever it’s that time of the month. Now, I do withdraw from Fiverr more than once a month, but I try to save up to make sure I have enough for the expenses. Still, when the day comes to enjoy the money I’ve withdrawn, I get myself some beer or red wine, a really good e-juice for my vape, and play some games. Maybe a steak dinner.

So… What are your tips to survive freelancing? I would love to hear your thoughts!

We all know that when a Gig is approved by the buyer, it takes 14 days before the money is through clearance and can be withdrawn.

Actually, not really… I complained about this a while ago… It’s 14 days after the order completes. But many times buyers won’t leave feedback, adding 3 more days for auto-completing the order. And I’ve had several buyers who requested modifications right before those 3 days ended, adding yet another 3 more days, totaling to 14+3+3=20 days!

Luckily, though, Fiverr changed the withdrawal periods for TRSs, and now I get to withdraw after 7 days in best case scenarios, and 7+3+3 =13 days in worst case scenarios.

Because of unsteady income, I always try to save up at least two months worth of income for emergencies.

Always done that ever since my computer failed some years back and found myself in a very nasty position.

Do you withdraw every day, once a week, once a month…

Ever since my account was hacked back in 2010-2011 and lost 200 bucks, I decided to always withdraw before I reach $40-50 in my balance.

when the day comes to enjoy the money I’ve withdrawn, I get myself some beer or red wine, a really good e-juice for my vape, and play some games.

Yep, I found that giving yourself a treat (because you earned it!) makes freelancing much easier to cope with. We can’t live just to work and pay taxes/expenses, I tried that, it almost ruined my mental health!

I have a pay period, where I accumulate money from the 15th to the 15th, and withdraw the money on the 30th. I work two jobs as well, one is part time and the other is Fiverr/writing ebooks, etc. I also try to make extra income on the side, doing small things in my spare time, like YouTube, Qmee, etc, that makes very little money, but something is better than nothing. I am very frugal, so I can make even 1 dollar buy a significant amount of food.

Ay extra income that I have, I put into a savings net from Betterment, which invests my money and increases my income over time. Since I only need at least 600$ a month to survive, I can make a decent chunk from Fiverr, but if I can get a little extra, I will. It’s good to have multiple income sources, or side hustles, just in case.

I have a pay period, where I accumulate money from the 15th to the 15th, and withdraw the money on the 30th. I work two jobs as well, one is part time and the other is Fiverr/writing ebooks, etc. I also try to make extra income on the side, doing small things in my spare time, like YouTube, Qmee, etc, that makes very little money, but something is better than nothing. I am very frugal, so I can make even 1 dollar buy a significant amount of food.

Ay extra income that I have, I put into a savings net from Betterment, which invests my money and increases my income over time. Since I only need at least 600$ a month to survive, I can make a decent chunk from Fiverr, but if I can get a little extra, I will. It’s good to have multiple income sources, or side hustles, just in case.

Where do you live in the US Lucy? I find it amazing you can live in the US on just $600 a month…you can’t even live well in a city like Bangalore India with that. [Of course, you probably get an additional household income from your partner, in that case it makes sense.]

Where do you live in the US Lucy? I find it amazing you can live in the US on just $600 a month…you can’t even live well in a city like Bangalore India with that. [Of course, you probably get an additional household income from your partner, in that case it makes sense.]

Well, I am kinda cheating, as I live with my husband and a roommate, so we split the bills. I currently live in Chicago, but might be moving to Arizona soon, where the rent is even lower.

I would be paying less than that too, but I have to pay 135$ a month minimum in credit card fees, so…

My expenses are very low, and I have no one to take care of apart from myself. So all of my Fiverr income goes into long-term 5-year fixed deposits in banks that give me an interest of 7-8%. The only time I used my Fiverr income was to get my house repainted in 2014.

Oh. You just spoke my mind. My folks dont even know that I have a source of side income. I’m still studying, so all of my Fiverr income goes to my Real Estate investments. Way to start the future on a strong footing, I suppose.

I also withdraw once in a month. That helps me keep better track of my earnings, and reduces the charges I’d have to face on every withdrawals

I’ve earned around 60$ on Fiverr so far and 2 orders are ongoing now. I spent all 60$ on fiverr itself. I have decided to spend my fiverr money on fiverr itself but there’s a purpose behind it. Suppose my client on different platform wants me to distribute business cards in India and sends me money to print and distribute it. (It’s part of project) So what I do is hire a good top rated business card designer on Fiverr and get the job done with professional quality. Then I print them somewhere else. I’ve purchased some gigs on Fiverr as part of my job on other platform and I’m still planning to purchase more. It’s strange how I suddenly started getting lots of orders on Fiverr from yesterday but it’s good to get some credits.

• 2 months later...

Archived