Is Fiverr out of traffic?

zaheer2284

Fiverr has an image problem. Some sellers don’t like it because they don’t police the rogue buyers. Some buyers don’t like it because the cheaper end of the seller market can see low quality work. Buyer Requests is an absolute mess, so nobody gets a great deal from that. They have pushed to lower their costs (which is their business model and good luck to them) but Fiverr need to bring people along with them.

The future looks interesting.

Partially correct. Or better: totally correct but missing some details.

Problem

Fiverr has, at least recently, gone through some… let’s call it murky waters. The whole PewDiePie thing brought the site to the attention of the secular media and the platform is being flooded by both rogue buyers and sellers plummeting the market.

There’s a plethora of negative reviews populating the various aggregators. This ultimately comes down to the very idea behind this site: “You can get almost everything for a handful of bucks”. Once the packages are delivered, those unhappy with the results will obviously take to the internet and vent. Distrust prevents them from talking things out with sellers or with CS so… that’s pretty much all they’re left with.

Possible Solutions

What Fiverr could do is increase the level of policing the entire platform goes through. Sellers, for instance, could be asked to produce a certificate of existence for their companies before they’re allowed to list their services. Buyers should be informed of the so called you get what you pay for mentality. I still find it inexplicable how people could ever expect anybody to dedicate hours if not days to their projects for 20/30 dollars!

Will it ever happen? It’s unlikely. Fiverr was built that way and is probably never going to change!

The future is bleak, not interesting but, as someone said, Fiverr should never be considered your only source for business.

Partially correct. Or better: totally correct but missing some details.

Problem

Fiverr has, at least recently, gone through some… let’s call it murky waters. The whole PewDiePie thing brought the site to the attention of the secular media and the platform is being flooded by both rogue buyers and sellers plummeting the market.

There’s a plethora of negative reviews populating the various aggregators. This ultimately comes down to the very idea behind this site: “You can get almost everything for a handful of bucks”. Once the packages are delivered, those unhappy with the results will obviously take to the internet and vent. Distrust prevents them from talking things out with sellers or with CS so… that’s pretty much all they’re left with.

Possible Solutions

What Fiverr could do is increase the level of policing the entire platform goes through. Sellers, for instance, could be asked to produce a certificate of existence for their companies before they’re allowed to list their services. Buyers should be informed of the so called you get what you pay for mentality. I still find it inexplicable how people could ever expect anybody to dedicate hours if not days to their projects for 20/30 dollars!

Will it ever happen? It’s unlikely. Fiverr was built that way and is probably never going to change!

The future is bleak, not interesting but, as someone said, Fiverr should never be considered your only source for business.

These are great solutions, but don’t fit into the current Fiverr business model. This feels like a company gearing up for a sale. They are tightening in every area of expenditure and increasing revenues wherever they can. This makes to books look great for another buyer or public flotation.

It doesn’t feel like Fiverr are serious about policing their site. Buyer Requests is like the Wild West, with adverts for other freelance sites, links to all manner of websites and sellers all over the place. It wouldn’t take much to add a ‘report’ button or to have one member of staff look through it to see the mess that is there. But that costs money.

The model of sites like eBay, where it is self-policed to a large degree is one that many others want to follow. eBay can soak up a few thousand rogues because there is a robust feedback system and there are millions of happy buyers and sellers to offset any bad publicity. Fiverr is not in that situation yet. They need to be careful about where the future takes them, unless they sell out and get out. Then they will be sat on the beach on a tropical island while we are all still at our desks working harder than ever before for diminishing returns from this website.

I am level 2 seller and working from last three years. I am surprised that my fiverr gig is on second page of category defined by fiverr but this gig has zero views from last 4 days? What do you think guys its ok? I dont think so. Fiverr is out of traffic even its second page dont have views and impressions. Please comment below if you are experiencing same issue.

I am level 2 seller and working from last three years. I am surprised that my fiverr gig is on second page of category defined by fiverr but this gig has zero views from last 4 days? What do you think guys its ok?

In that case Fiverr must be out of traffic. Let’s move out.

We’ll come a bit later, but feel free to go first 😉

• 5 months later...

Archived