Art Imitates Life

lucycodex

No need to worry about it. No one will hire this person to write.

I fear I´m not quite convinced by that lol, no, usually you´ll be right, at least with that extreme example Lucy posted, but there are less obvious ones and, just as it´s not that easy (or cheap) for someone to find out if a translation is good if they don´t speak the target language themselves, if you want to hire a writer because you know your own English isn´t the best, say like in that BR, you might end up with one whose English is just better than yours, but not up to what you need.

Well, but obviously at least most of the Buyer Request checking is done automatically, as a lot of weird 'BR’s, and the occasional Buyers who come to the forum because they can´t get their completely okay request approved, prove.

I fear I´m not quite convinced by that lol, no, usually you´ll be right, at least with that extreme

You are correct. I am going to hire him/her.

I fear I´m not quite convinced by that lol, no, usually you´ll be right, at least with that extreme

You are correct. I am going to hire him/her.

If you hire them for the story per se, and then a good editor and proofreader, it might just work out great. I think the editing and proofreading in that case will cost more than the actual story though. 😉

If you hire them for the story per se, and then a good editor and proofreader, it might just work out great. I think the editing and proofreading in that case will cost more than the actual story though. 😉

then a good editor and proofreader

A good editor, proof- and mindreader, possibly.

Is the your way of telling me you won’t translate it unless it’s been edited and proofread by a professional mind reader?

Well, in that case, I changed my mind. 💘

Is the your way of telling me you won’t translate it unless it’s been edited and proofread by a professional mind reader?

Well, in that case, I changed my mind. 💘

Lol well without editor and proofreader it would depend on if you want a literal or a make-it-sound-human-readable translation, the first would hurt me, I´d ask you to buy a ‘pain and suffering’ extra. 😉 Professionally mindread…well, I´d give that a go.

Lol well without editor and proofreader it would depend on if you want a literal or a make-it-sound-human-readable translation, the first would hurt me, I´d ask you to buy a ‘pain and suffering’ extra. 😉 Professionally mindread…well, I´d give that a go.

‘pain and suffering’ extra. 😉 Professionally mindread…well, I´d give that a go.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! 😆

Pain and suffering helps us to grow! 😀

Archived