Art Imitates Life

lucycodex

I guess you are referring to the illiterate writing. No one checks on that on BR.

No need to worry about it. No one will hire this person to write. There are lots of writers like this. There is not a person who approves writers on this site. As a freelancer site it is up to each seller to either be able to do what they say they can or not.

There is no moderation that I know of there.

I guess you are referring to the illiterate writing. No one checks on that on BR.

No need to worry about it. No one will hire this person to write. There are lots of writers like this. There is not a person who approves writers on this site. As a freelancer site it is up to each seller to either be able to do what they say they can or not.

I just made a BR and was rejected, and this guy’s BR was approved? I honestly can’t understand this…How can be rejected a BR if there is not moderation? 😖

I just made a BR and was rejected, and this guy’s BR was approved? I honestly can’t understand this…How can be rejected a BR if there is not moderation? 😖

We don’t understand everything about the workings of the site. Maybe they don’t check for actual writing ability.

…I’m judging you on the fact that you used a meme generator rather than making it yourself.

I saw that image in another forum and I thought it was funny, I never took credit for that image… I’m not even a graphic designer… I have seen Lucy “smashing” people for steal the images of their gigs, that’s why I don’t do that, but I didn’t think that a meme would apply for that 😅

I saw that image in another forum and I thought it was funny, I never took credit for that image… I’m not even a graphic designer… I have seen Lucy “smashing” people for steal the images of their gigs, that’s why I don’t do that, but I didn’t think that a meme would apply for that 😅

Ah, you stole it, that’s perfect. Stealing memes is perfectly acceptable. Just never use a meme generator…ever.

Ah, you stole it, that’s perfect. Stealing memes is perfectly acceptable. Just never use a meme generator…ever.

Ah, you stole it, that’s perfect. Stealing memes is perfectly acceptable.

It’s in the TOS! No meme generators.

Fiverr is a really weird place…

I’m just looking for work though 😢

I know how hard it is to get first few sales. Don’t worry, I’m sure you will be a successful seller in the near future. Rather than creating gigs in the same category, if you are good at writing, you can go for other categories where competition is low compared to Blogs and Articles section. I’m planning to go for other categories as well because all my gigs are offered under Blogs and Articles category.

One more thing, providing adult oriented content is a violation of TOS. It seems your best seller is a related one.

Adult.PNG.088cc50d0a849ac87ac5b80898dad7b1.PNG

I know how hard it is to get first few sales. Don’t worry, I’m sure you will be a successful seller in the near future. Rather than creating gigs in the same category, if you are good at writing, you can go for other categories where competition is low compared to Blogs and Articles section. I’m planning to go for other categories as well because all my gigs are offered under Blogs and Articles category.

One more thing, providing adult oriented content is a violation of TOS. It seems your best seller is a related one.

0a39c45f287f1e5f78290723012795536d0a2e57.PNG

I haven’t read the entire gig description you mentioned on @lucycodex gig page, but written adult content has been allowed by Customer Support when asked. While I don’t think it’s expressly stated in the ToS, more than one person has posted responses from CS stating that as long as it’s writing (as opposed to perhaps video showing adult scenes) they have so far had no issue with erotica.

Since ToS mentions it, it never hurts to write to CS as a seller and get them to check any gig that might be edgy. I’ve had them check gigs of mine before if they required contact info for legit purposes, for example, and it was a good way to make sure I was covered. Lucy might want to do that or might not, but as far as I know to date they haven’t had an issue with writing gigs for erotic content.

There is moderation. However, imagine if a million people are creating buyer requests and Fiverr has a staff of 100, it’s definitely hard to be accurate. I can definitely tell you that if there was no moderation there would be no BR section!

I haven’t read the entire gig description you mentioned on @lucycodex gig page, but written adult content has been allowed by Customer Support when asked. While I don’t think it’s expressly stated in the ToS, more than one person has posted responses from CS stating that as long as it’s writing (as opposed to perhaps video showing adult scenes) they have so far had no issue with erotica.

Since ToS mentions it, it never hurts to write to CS as a seller and get them to check any gig that might be edgy. I’ve had them check gigs of mine before if they required contact info for legit purposes, for example, and it was a good way to make sure I was covered. Lucy might want to do that or might not, but as far as I know to date they haven’t had an issue with writing gigs for erotic content.

Fiverr’s new motto and promotional video definitely represents that.

There is moderation. However, imagine if a million people are creating buyer requests and Fiverr has a staff of 100, it’s definitely hard to be accurate. I can definitely tell you that if there was no moderation there would be no BR section!

They probably pay the moderation staff 5$ 😂

No need to worry about it. No one will hire this person to write.

I fear I´m not quite convinced by that lol, no, usually you´ll be right, at least with that extreme example Lucy posted, but there are less obvious ones and, just as it´s not that easy (or cheap) for someone to find out if a translation is good if they don´t speak the target language themselves, if you want to hire a writer because you know your own English isn´t the best, say like in that BR, you might end up with one whose English is just better than yours, but not up to what you need.

Well, but obviously at least most of the Buyer Request checking is done automatically, as a lot of weird 'BR’s, and the occasional Buyers who come to the forum because they can´t get their completely okay request approved, prove.

Archived