Let's get to know each Other: What's your Biggest Vice?

cyaxrex

Ha Ha, I’m stealing the let’s get to know each other spotlight. (Sorry). Anyway, enough with crisps and tea vs coffee. What is your biggest personal vice in the world?

To start, mine is smoking. I eat healthier than anyone I know and don’t even drink that much anymore which is weird, but smoking’s here to stay. In fact, I love lighting up in the morning with a coffee in my local cafe and I even like smoking when I get the impression that it is annoying someone. That’s why if I had my way, I’d make it illegal not to smoke in public places, especially bars and restaurants.

Anyway, that’s my vice. What, though, is yours? Moreover, like me, do you derive certain secret guilty pleasures from your corrupt ways? Or do you toss and turn at night wondering if you will ever finally relinquish yourself of your sinful bad habits?

Ha Ha, I’m stealing the let’s get to know each other spotlight. (Sorry). Anyway, enough with crisps and tea vs coffee. What is your biggest personal vice in the world?

To start, mine is smoking. I eat healthier than anyone I know and don’t even drink that much anymore which is weird, but smoking’s here to stay. In fact, I love lighting up in the morning with a coffee in my local cafe and I even like smoking when I get the impression that it is annoying someone. That’s why if I had my way, I’d make it illegal not to smoke in public places, especially bars and restaurants.

Anyway, that’s my vice. What, though, is yours? Moreover, like me, do you derive certain secret guilty pleasures from your corrupt ways? Or do you toss and turn at night wondering if you will ever finally relinquish yourself of your sinful bad habits?

even like smoking when I get the impression that it is annoying someone.

Do you like to talk loudly on a cellphone and smoke cigars and act oblivious to others around you? It’s best to do this in a small room.

even like smoking when I get the impression that it is annoying someone.

Do you like to talk loudly on a cellphone and smoke cigars and act oblivious to others around you? It’s best to do this in a small room.

I don’t smoke cigars or use a cellphone. Also, I am actually quite conscientious when it comes to social norms and values.

That said, as any smoker will know, you do get people who can be at a bus stop on the other side of the road and still find it so disgraceful that you are smoking, that they cough, bat invisible flies away, and pull faces in protest. - Those are the people who I like making feel on edge.

I have two “vices” although I prefer to refer to them as simple pleasures of everyday life if that’s ok?

Cigarettes, well more accurately roll your own cigarettes - something I never thought I would do as it always seemed dirty or “what REAL addicts do” (I can quit any time of course).
I love the whole process of it, as well as the actual smoking of them.

Coffee, again I like to start from the basics where I grind the beans, create an espresso and then choose between hot milk, frothed milk, just water etc to make the coffee I feel like at that time.

All of the so-called sins lead to mental, emotional, or physical gratification. They are not to avoided, but indulged. The challenge is not to resist indulging in whatever brings you mental, emotional, or physical pleasure, but to know how to prevent those indulgences from blocking your productivity.

My greatest indulgence is sloth. I adore crawling the interwebs, clicking from page to page, and generally doing absolutely nothing at all. The way in which I do nothing isn’t really important, so much as the luxury of just switching off my brain. It’s quite a delight to do nothing at all.

All of the so-called sins lead to mental, emotional, or physical gratification. They are not to avoided, but indulged. The challenge is not to resist indulging in whatever brings you mental, emotional, or physical pleasure, but to know how to prevent those indulgences from blocking your productivity.

My greatest indulgence is sloth. I adore crawling the interwebs, clicking from page to page, and generally doing absolutely nothing at all. The way in which I do nothing isn’t really important, so much as the luxury of just switching off my brain. It’s quite a delight to do nothing at all.

Mine is gaming, HAHA

I actually don’t like the Interweb. While the forum is obviously a distracting vice from work, if I don’t have anything to do, I try to get as far away from the Interweb as possible. What I do like, though, is watching the number of unknowing Interweb addicts grow. In my mind I like to picture a glorious Walking Dead like future where I have the whole world to play in by myself while everyone else sits at home plugged into Google.

Of course, I’ve mercilessly stolen this idea from a few 90’s and early 2000’s movie plots. I do see it as a possible reality one day though.

Mine is gaming, HAHA

I have to be very careful with gaming. Doom saw me close down from reality for a month and even hit vacation mode. Thankfully, I use linux and can only game if I snap out my HD and plug in my Windows one. This is my form of self-control, however, my mind has been toying recently with the idea of investing in gaming system for next winter.

It’s quite a delight to do nothing at all.

Indeed. I can’t remember the last time I’ve felt boredom. Sure, I can be bored by something but not by the absence of it. Doing nothing is fabulous.

I have to be very careful with gaming. Doom saw me close down from reality for a month and even hit vacation mode. Thankfully, I use linux and can only game if I snap out my HD and plug in my Windows one. This is my form of self-control, however, my mind has been toying recently with the idea of investing in gaming system for next winter.

Haha, At least you have a way of curbing it, that is nice! I do have consoles and a gaming laptop, however I also have a wife and 2 kids (that’s my own form of control)

There are some days we can’t be separated 😃

The really fun vices we can’t talk about.

Oh, come on Miss Crystal you gotta spill the beans. 😄

Careful. Miss Crystal is a witch. The minute she spills beans you have beanstalks, giants, and medieval serfs running around stealing everybody’s gold.

I don’t smoke cigars or use a cellphone. Also, I am actually quite conscientious when it comes to social norms and values.

That said, as any smoker will know, you do get people who can be at a bus stop on the other side of the road and still find it so disgraceful that you are smoking, that they cough, bat invisible flies away, and pull faces in protest. - Those are the people who I like making feel on edge.

Those are the people who I like making feel on edge.

I hope you don’t encounter an asthmatic among those as you will be ( if smoking) an angel of death for them.

Mine are two,

Coffee and Games. 😎

My vice is 🛍️ Shopping… I just cannot get enough retail therapy.

👠
Women’s handbags, Accessories & Shoes etc…
I’ve calmed down my habit tremendously with DIY projects.

But, the urge to splurge is always lurking about. 😟

Um, there’s another but I plead the 5th. 😶

Those are the people who I like making feel on edge.

I hope you don’t encounter an asthmatic among those as you will be ( if smoking) an angel of death for them.

Mine are two,

Coffee and Games. 😎

So could somebody revving the engine of a passing SUV or a someone pouring heavily scented fabric conditioner in a small washroom with poor ventilation.

Life’s full of mortal hazards. People just have to get used to being surrounded by several things which could kill them at any one moment, while not taking things too seriously.

Archived