Why does the buyer suffer due to scammers on fiverr?

This has happened to me a couple of times where I purchased a service and then received no goods and no contact. When I cancel an order… ( I am intelligent and responsible enough to know when a response from a buyer or the goods will be delivered) I have to wait for the scammer to NOT contact me??? Before I can start looking for someone else to do the job.

Really fiverr empowering the scammer is something that your sysem does and something I wont tollerate. I have plans objectives, time scales and other schedules to keep without having to put my work on hold for 48 hours whilst a dodgy seller doesnt respond.

Frankly most service websites empower the wrong individual in these matters. My choice is removed and like I say… i suffer because of a scammer.

The only solution I see is to make fiverr an escrow system where when I cancel I get my money back. Immediately? Strange concept these days empowering the business person instead of taking advantage of him? in order to not loose a sale? Really? for 80 pence?

In short… give me back my power or I will take it elsewhere? Thanks.

Having said that I have had some great sellers and for the few that do scam and the few times I have ever wanted to cancel an order (2x in about 4 years) you should really give me the power to do so immediately…

Il give you the 80p for doing so.

While I am sure that you are a reputable buyer who would not abuse such a system, there are also plenty of other buyers who would. Really you are suffering due to the (sizable) minority’s actions. In the same way, reputable sellers suffer due to the scammers you mention in that we have to, for 1 example of many, wait 14 days after a sale is completed to get paid.
My suggestion would be that as you are a regular buyer, when you cancel just go ahead and place another order and use the refund at another time. If you are not buying expensive services, which I gather you aren’t from your post, then it is not such a big deal. You can also contact customer service if you have good reason to cancel and they may cancel it sooner for you.

While I am sure that you are a reputable buyer who would not abuse such a system, there are also plenty of other buyers who would. Really you are suffering due to the (sizable) minority’s actions. In the same way, reputable sellers suffer due to the scammers you mention in that we have to, for 1 example of many, wait 14 days after a sale is completed to get paid.

My suggestion would be that as you are a regular buyer, when you cancel just go ahead and place another order and use the refund at another time. If you are not buying expensive services, which I gather you aren’t from your post, then it is not such a big deal. You can also contact customer service if you have good reason to cancel and they may cancel it sooner for you.

I suppose you are right but I have a few fiverr gigs I waiting for (good ones) and so am more in a “Receive The The Finished Work Mode” rather than a “Find A Gig Mode”. Thats just how I like to work. Makes it easy.

I do suppose there are bad buyers too and as we both suggest… this is the minority which makes it a bigger pain as I dont/didnt expect it.

Its not about the money asd you also suggested. Its about the “Work” that I was relying on. I could then finish the whole project today rather than have to start part of the project again. I didnt make it clear that it was a bout the work… And I have no intentions of leaving fiverr as I said.

I have had some fantastic results from people doing gigs for me at a low price which really helps me out a lot.

If I had time at present I would order another gig but I will have to wait a few days now which was the whole point. Waiting.

Hope you avoid the scammers as a seller and have a good experience. I suppose I was just venting. Making a problem where there really wasnt one.

I suppose you are right but I have a few fiverr gigs I waiting for (good ones) and so am more in a “Receive The The Finished Work Mode” rather than a “Find A Gig Mode”. Thats just how I like to work. Makes it easy.

I do suppose there are bad buyers too and as we both suggest… this is the minority which makes it a bigger pain as I dont/didnt expect it.

Its not about the money asd you also suggested. Its about the “Work” that I was relying on. I could then finish the whole project today rather than have to start part of the project again. I didnt make it clear that it was a bout the work… And I have no intentions of leaving fiverr as I said.

I have had some fantastic results from people doing gigs for me at a low price which really helps me out a lot.

If I had time at present I would order another gig but I will have to wait a few days now which was the whole point. Waiting.

Hope you avoid the scammers as a seller and have a good experience. I suppose I was just venting. Making a problem where there really wasnt one.

Actually, I think it is really good for us sellers to hear buyers vent about their frustrations with the way things are done. We often have sellers complaining on the forum about things or the occasional outraged buyer rant about being scammed but it is less common to hear a well explained ongoing problem from the buyer point of view. I also buy here so I get your frustration - my pet hate is when sellers cancel an order at the last minute because they don’t want it to be late. I would much prefer them to just request extra time or tell me earlier.

I suppose people canceling an order at the last minute would be a problem. I wouldn’t do that however. Like I said I have had some awesome work done at ridiculously low prices and to a high standard in 99% of cases.

Thinking about I would think the main reason the 48 hour cancellation policy is in place is to protect the sellers from that.

I also believe mine is a unique case as I don’t mind an order being late. At the prices sellers charge on fiver for their initial, basic service I would think the best are always busy and so anticipate late delivery… Just So Long as it eventually comes.

In the case I mentioned initially I know for a fact that the order wont be fulfilled and the response to either myself or to even to cancel the order will never be made either. And so I view the 48 hour a bit of an hindrance from my point of view. Had I believed the buyer would have responded I would never have canceled the order.

I dont usually go on rants but I am kinda glad I did in this instance as I have had a couple of responses like your own that allow me to begin looking at fiverr from a sellers point of view and therefor my tolerance gets a boost.

I am by nature impatient but that doesnt stop me really appreciating good work and even late work.

I am currently waiting for a logo design which was a 4 day delivery initially and the after I made a change and submitted my ideas to the seller yet another 4 days and so the delivery still hasnt been made but I know the order will come and I know the result will be really good. And for a fiverr? Who could argue with that? Saying that… I would bet som people could/would find something to complain about.

Anyway. Thanks for the response. Good to hear other peoples point of view. even if it is to kick me in the ass and get my thinking tackle jump started… a little. lol

I suppose people canceling an order at the last minute would be a problem. I wouldn’t do that however. Like I said I have had some awesome work done at ridiculously low prices and to a high standard in 99% of cases.

Thinking about I would think the main reason the 48 hour cancellation policy is in place is to protect the sellers from that.

I also believe mine is a unique case as I don’t mind an order being late. At the prices sellers charge on fiver for their initial, basic service I would think the best are always busy and so anticipate late delivery… Just So Long as it eventually comes.

In the case I mentioned initially I know for a fact that the order wont be fulfilled and the response to either myself or to even to cancel the order will never be made either. And so I view the 48 hour a bit of an hindrance from my point of view. Had I believed the buyer would have responded I would never have canceled the order.

I dont usually go on rants but I am kinda glad I did in this instance as I have had a couple of responses like your own that allow me to begin looking at fiverr from a sellers point of view and therefor my tolerance gets a boost.

I am by nature impatient but that doesnt stop me really appreciating good work and even late work.

I am currently waiting for a logo design which was a 4 day delivery initially and the after I made a change and submitted my ideas to the seller yet another 4 days and so the delivery still hasnt been made but I know the order will come and I know the result will be really good. And for a fiverr? Who could argue with that? Saying that… I would bet som people could/would find something to complain about.

Anyway. Thanks for the response. Good to hear other peoples point of view. even if it is to kick me in the ass and get my thinking tackle jump started… a little. lol

Fiver just returned the payment I made for this scammer order and couldnt believe they actually took a commission of 80p. Unbelieveable… I smell corporation. Il have to check fiver out and put em in my elimination list.

Archived