How to leave negative feedback for seller who requested cancellation

motiv8d1

Thanks for your clarification

“I haven’t read all your forum post but I think you just want to ask if you can leave feedback if you cancel?

If you cancel, you can’t leave public feedback, but I understand you will be asked to leave private feedback that goes to Fiverr. Fiverr will probably do nothing with this until the seller has a number of black marks against them, though they may already have this.”

It is however, the opposite, the seller has requested cancellation. I expect due to his expectation that there will be negative feedback left.

If I accept this, do I still get much opportunity to leave feedback?

Or am I better declining this, forcing him to complete the project properly, and then leave public feedback for the protection of others?

I’m not a buyer but from what I’ve read you will get to leave private feedback whoever cancels, you or the buyer.

I recommend you take this approach (agree to cancel). Completing the gig and leaving public feedback might not have the effect you want, to warn other potential buyers. I do think buyers should leave the feedback they think is true to their experience but it does require a few people to have had a bad experience and felt strongly motivated enough to lose their funds and leave a review before other potential buyers will take notice.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m sorry you’ve had such a negative experience.

Did you really think you were going to get all this:

1 Logo Included

Include Source File

Logo Transparency

Printable Resolution File Include 3D Mockup

Include Stationery Designs

Include Social Media Kit

Vector File

unlimited Revisions

in 2 hours for $5, and you want to cancel and leave a negative review?

Wow - and I thought I was hard on my sellers.

Maybe when you look for a seller the next time, you’ll realise that your expectations need to be a bit more realistic?

Good luck finding what you want!

Even though this list sounds like a joke to me, I think that the buyer has all the right to expect it entirely when it is what the seller advertised with. It says more about this phony seller than it does about the buyer.

It would have been a different piece of cake if the seller would only offer one item of this list and the buyer would expect all of them, what he doesn’t.

Even though this list sounds like a joke to me, I think that the buyer has all the right to expect it entirely when it is what the seller advertised with. It says more about this phony seller than it does about the buyer.

It would have been a different piece of cake if the seller would only offer one item of this list and the buyer would expect all of them, what he doesn’t.

Update:

1. I raised this as a support… they confirmed that accepting a cancellation gives NO WAY OF PROVIDING FEEDBACK, to the public or to Fiverr.
  2. I rejected the request for cancellation
  3. After the seller failing to answer a number of questions over a period of days, he re-requested another cancellation.
  4. Unfortunately, the email for this I missed, and the 48 hours expired.
  5. Fiverr has now closed this with in red “ORDER CANCELLED DUE TO UNRESPONSIVE BUYER”

Thus so far fiverr is a complete joke and although part of the money has been refunded (fiverr still keeps their part as a huge disincentive for them to do anything against these liar sellers), I am not really interested in wasting more time on this service.

After this order has been cancelled, I can confirm, THERE IS NO WAY TO LEAVE ANY FEEDBACK.

The sellers profile remains with 5 stars from 5 buyers and 6 orders in queue.

The is NOTHING to indicate he has cancelled any orders.

There is no way for anyone to see statistics on how many times he has utilised this tactic.

I cant even name him in the forums.

Thus Fiverr is a VERY buyer unfriendly site.

My summation is not so much the lying selling being the problem, but Fiverr’s great facilitation of such lying sellers.

I am not allowed to even name the seller in the forum. Of course such sellers are going to be attracted to this platform with systems like

A single email notification for an order cancellation, that gmail does not consider worthy of the inbox, and ambiguously titled “Fiverr: A Ticket Was Opened for Your Order” rather than something like “URGENT: Cancellation Requested, responded within 48 hours to prevent automatic cancellation”.

Additionally, it would be logical to have 24 hours, 12 hours notifications etc in case the single email is missed.

Unless people stop defending both Fiverr and such lying sellers the situation wont improve. Mass boycotting Fiverr would be the only way I could see that Fiverr may actually look at resolving such problems. Fiverr have a huge conflict of interest with their policy of keeping their “commission” even for cancelled orders.

Anyway, I had a great logo done on Freelancer.

And pretty much done with Fiverr unless an unimportant small job comes along with which I can utilise the monies I have on Fiverr now that I cannot withdraw.

Update:

1. I raised this as a support… they confirmed that accepting a cancellation gives NO WAY OF PROVIDING FEEDBACK, to the public or to Fiverr.
  2. I rejected the request for cancellation
  3. After the seller failing to answer a number of questions over a period of days, he re-requested another cancellation.
  4. Unfortunately, the email for this I missed, and the 48 hours expired.
  5. Fiverr has now closed this with in red “ORDER CANCELLED DUE TO UNRESPONSIVE BUYER”

Thus so far fiverr is a complete joke and although part of the money has been refunded (fiverr still keeps their part as a huge disincentive for them to do anything against these liar sellers), I am not really interested in wasting more time on this service.

After this order has been cancelled, I can confirm, THERE IS NO WAY TO LEAVE ANY FEEDBACK.

The sellers profile remains with 5 stars from 5 buyers and 6 orders in queue.

The is NOTHING to indicate he has cancelled any orders.

There is no way for anyone to see statistics on how many times he has utilised this tactic.

I cant even name him in the forums.

Thus Fiverr is a VERY buyer unfriendly site.

My summation is not so much the lying selling being the problem, but Fiverr’s great facilitation of such lying sellers.

I am not allowed to even name the seller in the forum. Of course such sellers are going to be attracted to this platform with systems like

A single email notification for an order cancellation, that gmail does not consider worthy of the inbox, and ambiguously titled “Fiverr: A Ticket Was Opened for Your Order” rather than something like “URGENT: Cancellation Requested, responded within 48 hours to prevent automatic cancellation”.

Additionally, it would be logical to have 24 hours, 12 hours notifications etc in case the single email is missed.

Unless people stop defending both Fiverr and such lying sellers the situation wont improve. Mass boycotting Fiverr would be the only way I could see that Fiverr may actually look at resolving such problems. Fiverr have a huge conflict of interest with their policy of keeping their “commission” even for cancelled orders.

Anyway, I had a great logo done on Freelancer.

And pretty much done with Fiverr unless an unimportant small job comes along with which I can utilise the monies I have on Fiverr now that I cannot withdraw.

Oh I forgot to mention. Support obviously are not interested in actually taking any time to investigate this problem. So the seller gets away with it all… probably again… and again… and again.

Oh I forgot to mention. Support obviously are not interested in actually taking any time to investigate this problem. So the seller gets away with it all… probably again… and again… and again.

Fiverr invited me to respond to their survey on support:

“Fiverr takes a commission and keeps it when a seller cancels an order.

There is no way to leave feedback for a seller in such a case.

There is abundant audit trail of communication with the seller to show his blatant lies on his gig.

Yet there is no way I can let other buyers on fiverr know about this experience, I cant even name the seller in the forums.

Fiverr is protecting such sellers.

And Fiverr clearly is not interested in spending time investigation.

Bye”

There is abundant audit trail of communication with the seller to show his blatant lies on his gig.

Yet there is no way I can let other buyers on fiverr know about this experience, I cant even name the seller in the forums.

Bye”

One small point hidden in this rant: you eventually got your 1-star negative review. So hurray!

I’m sorry you’ve had such a negative experience.

Did you really think you were going to get all this:

1 Logo Included

Include Source File

Logo Transparency

Printable Resolution File Include 3D Mockup

Include Stationery Designs

Include Social Media Kit

Vector File

unlimited Revisions

in 2 hours for $5, and you want to cancel and leave a negative review?

Wow - and I thought I was hard on my sellers.

Maybe when you look for a seller the next time, you’ll realise that your expectations need to be a bit more realistic?

Good luck finding what you want!

I totally agree with offlinehelpers here. Be careful what you want for $5. Look closely at the seller’s reviews and remarks on past jobs before ordering.

Make sure your requests are realistic for a $5 gig. Sorry for your bad first time experience. However, Fiverr is great marketplace to get stuff done, going forward check out many sellers before making a decision. if in doubt use the Fiverr seller levels as a guide to selecting sellers for your projects.

One small point hidden in this rant: you eventually got your 1-star negative review. So hurray!

Really? Please explain where this 1 star review is?

I totally agree with offlinehelpers here. Be careful what you want for $5. Look closely at the seller’s reviews and remarks on past jobs before ordering.

Make sure your requests are realistic for a $5 gig. Sorry for your bad first time experience. However, Fiverr is great marketplace to get stuff done, going forward check out many sellers before making a decision. if in doubt use the Fiverr seller levels as a guide to selecting sellers for your projects.

What exactly do you agree with offline helpers on?

$5 is not low for a simple logo where the design is already made and handed to the designer on a plate with specific instructions.

It should take someone competent in vector graphics 30 minutes.

I just had a contractor in India do work for me. She earns US$7 day for her IT work. I paid her $20 for less than a days work. She is happy, I am happy.

If this guy from Pakistan wants to lie about his graphics ability and his credentials on his gig, why is it up to the buyer to assume he is lying and assume he cant do a simple vector that would take 30 mins within 2 hours?

I did look at the reviews. He had 5 reviews and all 5 stars. Unfortunately they do not show the actual projects that those reviews related to. So for a buyer it is guesswork.

You just confirm for me that fiverr is a crap place for buyers.

If fiverr was not so ridiculous in its protection of bad sellers “reputations”, and I could open the transcript of communications for you all to see I would. I guess I could post it all to another site but then I would not be allowed to direct you to there from here due to fiverrs policies.

You seem to expect the buyer to jump through ridiculous hoops.

Simply… A buyer should be able to expect to receive what a seller offers. And if a seller does not provide that which he has offered, the buyer should be able to leave negative feedback. End of Story!

What exactly do you agree with offline helpers on?

$5 is not low for a simple logo where the design is already made and handed to the designer on a plate with specific instructions.

It should take someone competent in vector graphics 30 minutes.

I just had a contractor in India do work for me. She earns US$7 day for her IT work. I paid her $20 for less than a days work. She is happy, I am happy.

If this guy from Pakistan wants to lie about his graphics ability and his credentials on his gig, why is it up to the buyer to assume he is lying and assume he cant do a simple vector that would take 30 mins within 2 hours?

I did look at the reviews. He had 5 reviews and all 5 stars. Unfortunately they do not show the actual projects that those reviews related to. So for a buyer it is guesswork.

You just confirm for me that fiverr is a crap place for buyers.

If fiverr was not so ridiculous in its protection of bad sellers “reputations”, and I could open the transcript of communications for you all to see I would. I guess I could post it all to another site but then I would not be allowed to direct you to there from here due to fiverrs policies.

You seem to expect the buyer to jump through ridiculous hoops.

Simply… A buyer should be able to expect to receive what a seller offers. And if a seller does not provide that which he has offered, the buyer should be able to leave negative feedback. End of Story!

You don’t think $5 is low for vectorizing an image? Ok, your seller should not have accepted this work. However, you are deluded if you think that you can get any image vectorized to a professional standard in 2 hours for $5.

What is the real issue here? Are you representing yourself as the party who has created the logo, before selling it on for a higher markup?

If so, prior to even advertising yourself as being able to provide a logo to anyone, you should have familiarized yourself with how such work is required, what a realistic turn around time would be, and certainly not offered your end buyer such expeditious delivery.

Alternatively, if you needed a logo for your own business, $5 was your budget, and you chose to work with someone who is not a native English speaker, you have much bigger strategic decision making issues to deal with.

You have made a bad buying decision. Moreover, regardless of the quality of the work, Fiverr’s TOS specifically state that people can’t pick and choose what they pay for. Learn from this, move on and realize that you get exactly what you pay for, not just on Fiverr but anywhere.

Bye”

"Fiverr takes a commission and keeps it when a seller cancels an order.There is no way to leave feedback for a seller in such a case.There is abundant audit trail of communication with the seller to show his blatant lies on his gig.Yet there is no way I can let other buyers on fiverr know about this experience, I cant even name the seller in the forums.Fiverr is protecting such sellers.And Fiverr clearly is not interested in spending time investigation.

The seller’s account is now gone.

It looks like Fiverr may have been interested after all, obviously they don’t come back and tell you how they deal with someone else but it doesn’t mean they don’t act.

As for keeping the commission, that is simply untrue. Fiverr keeps the payment processing fee which is 20% up to $20 or 5% for over $20. If you have any experience in receiving payments online you will know that this basically covers the payment processor’s fees. With the refund to your Fiverr account, you don’t need to pay a processing fee when you use the refund for another purchase.

Do you think, seeing as you were extremely quick to criticize initially, it might be a good idea to acknowledge how you have been looked after, Fiverr has responded to your issues in a professional way and the seller dealt with?

Am I the only one who feels sorry for this buyer? I feel like Fiverr is getting a bad reputation because of issues like this.

Granted $5 is not going to get you anything amazing, and actually my first issue is that the dude didn’t speak English properly. (Sorry this sounds bias, but I have also had numerous issues with users on here who don’t speak English properly) I’m not suggesting that all non-English speaking people have no clue what they are doing - but I am suggesting that maybe these people are not understanding instructions in English, or are not able to communicate effectively.

I really do feel sad for the buyer… If he had had a good experience, he might have still ordered a lot of other stuff from Fiverr. We always need more buyers right?

"Fiverr takes a commission and keeps it when a seller cancels an order.There is no way to leave feedback for a seller in such a case.There is abundant audit trail of communication with the seller to show his blatant lies on his gig.Yet there is no way I can let other buyers on fiverr know about this experience, I cant even name the seller in the forums.Fiverr is protecting such sellers.And Fiverr clearly is not interested in spending time investigation.

The seller’s account is now gone.

It looks like Fiverr may have been interested after all, obviously they don’t come back and tell you how they deal with someone else but it doesn’t mean they don’t act.

As for keeping the commission, that is simply untrue. Fiverr keeps the payment processing fee which is 20% up to $20 or 5% for over $20. If you have any experience in receiving payments online you will know that this basically covers the payment processor’s fees. With the refund to your Fiverr account, you don’t need to pay a processing fee when you use the refund for another purchase.

Do you think, seeing as you were extremely quick to criticize initially, it might be a good idea to acknowledge how you have been looked after, Fiverr has responded to your issues in a professional way and the seller dealt with?

The seller’s account is now gone…

And geez loiuse! Look how much ranting I had to do before this was looked into. It was only after much in this thread, and then completing the fiverr survey form as to how “satisfied” I was in their response and posting all ‘0s’ that anything was done.

That is NOT indicative of a responsive business and NOT indicative of “being looked after”.

If I had not spent all this time on this, the seller would no doubt merrily be continuing to lie and exploit buyers.

You don’t think $5 is low for vectorizing an image? Ok, your seller should not have accepted this work. However, you are deluded if you think that you can get any image vectorized to a professional standard in 2 hours for $5.

What is the real issue here? Are you representing yourself as the party who has created the logo, before selling it on for a higher markup?

If so, prior to even advertising yourself as being able to provide a logo to anyone, you should have familiarized yourself with how such work is required, what a realistic turn around time would be, and certainly not offered your end buyer such expeditious delivery.

Alternatively, if you needed a logo for your own business, $5 was your budget, and you chose to work with someone who is not a native English speaker, you have much bigger strategic decision making issues to deal with.

You have made a bad buying decision. Moreover, regardless of the quality of the work, Fiverr’s TOS specifically state that people can’t pick and choose what they pay for. Learn from this, move on and realize that you get exactly what you pay for, not just on Fiverr but anywhere.

It is low in Australia, but it is not low in a myriad of other parts of the world.

Your comment shows you have limited understanding or ability of vectorising an image.

Read the thread I have already answered this.

Geez louise. Again with the false assumptions. Read the thread.

The logo I thought I would get someone else to do while I worked on other parts of this humanitarian venture. I had heard of fiverr and this logo was easy to do.

Get a picture of two countries (already available as vectors in public domain)

Get a cartoonish picture of a jungle palm (already available as vectors in public domain, but if the seller could not find one, easily available in many formats that can very quickly be vectorised.

Puts some roots on the tree in vector.

Write two words.

Done.

Anyone particularly competent in this could have done it in 30 minutes. That is not unrealistic for a competent designer (a “pro” designer") in AI.

I had allowed 2 hours to be GENEROUS and to work out any kinks. However, after agreeing to the 2 hours, he ignored the project until almost 24 hours, then supplied a crappy jpg that looks more akin to MS Paint.

Yes I did make a bad buying decision. I acknowledge that. All facilitated by Fiverrs poor systems.

And yes I have learnt from this and gone back to Freelancer. Thanks for the learning experience not to use Fiverr and then get bagged out for naively expecting what a seller promises on Fiverr.

From what I can tell, the only communication you had with people with the authority to disable an account is the support ticket you sent to CS.
Your ranting in this thread has nothing to do with a CS decision as Fiverr staff only occasionally check the forum unless mods report something to them.
I can’t imagine CS surveys are inspected immediately.
Therefore, you made one complaint, it was investigated and the decision made was apparently to disable the seller’s account.
But yet you complain that… what exactly?

I despise the rubbish sellers and services as much or more than you do but you can’t complain about Fiverr when they have responded quickly and, I believe, correctly to the situation. The seller offered to do something at a very low price and they SHOULD have delivered as promised. However, when you shop with a bargain basement budget you sometimes have to sift through a lot of rubbish. I have learned that decent services require a minimum price and $5 for a logo is just too low unless you are extremely lucky. If you think you are that lucky a person, I suggest buying a lottery ticket for $5 and then using your winnings to buy a decent logo at a reasonable price.

It is low in Australia, but it is not low in a myriad of other parts of the world.

Your comment shows you have limited understanding or ability of vectorising an image.

Read the thread I have already answered this.

Geez louise. Again with the false assumptions. Read the thread.

The logo I thought I would get someone else to do while I worked on other parts of this humanitarian venture. I had heard of fiverr and this logo was easy to do.

Get a picture of two countries (already available as vectors in public domain)

Get a cartoonish picture of a jungle palm (already available as vectors in public domain, but if the seller could not find one, easily available in many formats that can very quickly be vectorised.

Puts some roots on the tree in vector.

Write two words.

Done.

Anyone particularly competent in this could have done it in 30 minutes. That is not unrealistic for a competent designer (a “pro” designer") in AI.

I had allowed 2 hours to be GENEROUS and to work out any kinks. However, after agreeing to the 2 hours, he ignored the project until almost 24 hours, then supplied a crappy jpg that looks more akin to MS Paint.

Yes I did make a bad buying decision. I acknowledge that. All facilitated by Fiverrs poor systems.

And yes I have learnt from this and gone back to Freelancer. Thanks for the learning experience not to use Fiverr and then get bagged out for naively expecting what a seller promises on Fiverr.

You sound really wound up. Maybe sit back, sip some chamomile tea, close your eyes for a second, and think: “You know what? Things could be a lot worse…”

From what I can tell, the only communication you had with people with the authority to disable an account is the support ticket you sent to CS.

Your ranting in this thread has nothing to do with a CS decision as Fiverr staff only occasionally check the forum unless mods report something to them.

Therefore, you made one complaint, it was investigated and the decision made was apparently to disable the seller’s account.

I despise the rubbish sellers and services as much or more than you do but you can’t complain about Fiverr when they have responded quickly and, I believe, correctly to the situation. The seller offered to do something at a very low price and they SHOULD have delivered as promised. However, when you shop with a bargain basement budget you sometimes have to sift through a lot of rubbish. I have learned that decent services require a minimum price and $5 for a logo is just too low unless you are extremely lucky. If you think you are that lucky a person, I suggest buying a lottery ticket for $5 and then using your winnings to buy a decent logo at a reasonable price.

You are really bad at assumptions.

This was the reply from support on the 5th

Thanks for contacting us about this. I’m sorry to hear about the difficulty you’ve had with this order. If you accept the seller’s cancellation request, the order will be cancelled and the funds from the order will be returned to your Fiverr account. However, once an order is cancelled, the option to leave feedback on the order is no longer given.

If you deny the seller’s cancellation request, the order will remain active and you and the seller will have to come to some sort of middle ground. Alternatively, we can cancel the order for you through Customer Support, but the option to leave feedback is still not given. Feedback can only be left on orders that are in delivered or completed status.

Yesterday prior to completing the survey, the sellers gig was unchanged.

Today it is removed.

Today is the 12th.

Do the maths.

Support did not give ANY indication they would look into it from their reply. If they did, it took them 7 days to see what would have been obvious from the communications between myself and the seller.

It does not seem like coincidence that it is only after the very bad survey response that this was looked into.

Perhaps they then looked at the forum threads I was also engaged in and thought they better do something finally.

An assumption based on what? That after a 0 result on a survey they dont actually read the support request and associated correspondence properly?

So then support took 7 days after the generic response to me, to remove the account. That does not make them look particularly competent either. However, it is the least likely scenario considering the support response on the 5th.

No, not therefore…

The timing would certainly have the balance of probability with action being taken after the zero survey response.

That this platform is too difficult for a buyer to use and obtain a reasonable service as specified from a seller without complaining.

Therefore it is much easier to stick with platforms that are better set up.

You know. You would be much better off campaigning for better fiverr services than defending a broken system that pushes buyers away.

Just to clarify.

I did not get any opportunity for a 1 star review against the seller.

It was a survey for which only certain fiverr staff can see.

emmaki22h

mmmmmh this buyer has a lot of time. Fiverr works for some people and it does not work for others, I am sorry it did not work for you. The experience will help you going forward.

It already has helped me.

Quite clearly Fiverr is a bad choice. Thanks.

Fiverr will not tell you what they will do or did to that other person due to privacy.

If you file a complaint against anyone, they will tell you thank you and that they’ll look into it and whether they do or don’t do a thing with the party you are complaining about, you will not be told due to privacy.

Fiverr will not tell you what they will do or did to that other person due to privacy.

If you file a complaint against anyone, they will tell you thank you and that they’ll look into it and whether they do or don’t do a thing with the party you are complaining about, you will not be told due to privacy.

It seems people on here do not read what has transpired before putting in their opinion. Support gave NO INDICATION THEY WOULD LOOK INTO THE SITUATION on their reply on the 5th.

I completed a survey on the 11th, and on the 12th the seller was gone.

Below is what I posted just a few posts up:

This was the reply from support on the 5th:

Thanks for contacting us about this. I’m sorry to hear about the difficulty you’ve had with this order. If you accept the seller’s cancellation request, the order will be cancelled and the funds from the order will be returned to your Fiverr account. However, once an order is cancelled, the option to leave feedback on the order is no longer given.

> If you deny the seller’s cancellation request, the order will remain active and you and the seller will have to come to some sort of middle ground. Alternatively, we can cancel the order for you through Customer Support, but the option to leave feedback is still not given. Feedback can only be left on orders that are in delivered or completed status.

Today it is removed.

Today is the 12th.

Do the maths.

Support did not give ANY indication they would look into it from their reply. If they did, it took them 7 days to see what would have been obvious from the communications between myself and the seller.

It does not seem like coincidence that it is only after the very bad survey response that this was looked into.

Perhaps they then looked at the forum threads I was also engaged in and thought they better do something finally.

It seems people on here do not read what has transpired before putting in their opinion. Support gave NO INDICATION THEY WOULD LOOK INTO THE SITUATION on their reply on the 5th.

I completed a survey on the 11th, and on the 12th the seller was gone.

Below is what I posted just a few posts up:

This was the reply from support on the 5th:

> If you deny the seller’s cancellation request, the order will remain active and you and the seller will have to come to some sort of middle ground. Alternatively, we can cancel the order for you through Customer Support, but the option to leave feedback is still not given. Feedback can only be left on orders that are in delivered or completed status.

Today it is removed.

Today is the 12th.

Do the maths.

Perhaps if you would be more concise instead of concocting pargraphs of word soup, people might understand your issue? Now, I gleaned from one of your posts above that the order got an automatic star due to being cancelled due to lateness. Maybe I’m wrong, but I’m not going to machete my way through dense thickets over and over again to find out.

So, you gave staff a 1-star seller review (irrespective of your inability to thunder against a seller publically), and now you’re unhappy this seller has been kicked off Fiverr because staff didn’t snap their heels to attention and gave you an automated message?

The seller’s gone now, so all of this negative review stuff doesn’t really matter anymore.

Brevity isn’t just the soul of wit… it also aids understanding, and definitely helps an argument.

P.S. you know the monkeys and peanuts argument? Yep.

You can’t, as far as I know. I have more than 215 purchases, HALF can’t do the job and appear in the BUYING list as cancellations. Mutual cancellations prevent the posting of (honest) negative feedbacks. Some “wise” sellers will wait until the last few minutes to post a mutual cancellation declaring their reason is they fear a negative feedback from the buyer. Been there and done that, just move on. You might consider hiring SEVERAL sellers to do the same project and decide from the work product which is better. Cur your losses and move on.

This was the reply from support on the 5th

If you deny the seller’s cancellation request, the order will remain active and you and the seller will have to come to some sort of middle ground. Alternatively, we can cancel the order for you through Customer Support, but the option to leave feedback is still not given. Feedback can only be left on orders that are in delivered or completed status.

Today it is removed.

Today is the 12th.

Do the maths.

An assumption based on what? That after a 0 result on a survey they dont actually read the support request and associated correspondence properly?

So then support took 7 days after the generic response to me, to remove the account. That does not make them look particularly competent either. However, it is the least likely scenario considering the support response on the 5th.

No, not therefore…

The timing would certainly have the balance of probability with action being taken after the zero survey response.

That this platform is too difficult for a buyer to use and obtain a reasonable service as specified from a seller without complaining.

Therefore it is much easier to stick with platforms that are better set up.

You know. You would be much better off campaigning for better fiverr services than defending a broken system that pushes buyers away.

You asked how to leave negative feedback after cancellation and CS answered your question.

My opinion did not come from blank assumptions but from a good understanding of how a company the size of Fiverr works. Do you really think a CS agent themselves has the authority to immediately close an account due to one complaint of poor quality work? If this was the case then the CS agents would have a hugely powerful job and frankly - that is not the job description I think of when I see CS. The complaint will have likely been forwarded to a higher authority (along with all the other issues that are reported) to be looked into and decided on. This takes time, especially when you consider the fact that there are hundreds of thousands of gigs sold per week and the fact that you were getting your money back would mean that it was not a high priority.

As a moderator, I would love for staff to check the forum more often but I know they don’t. This point is a statement of fact, not an assumption.

No, it would be more likely for a decision to be made after more than 24 hours as I explained above.

But yet you complain that… what exactly?That this platform is too difficult for a buyer to use and obtain a reasonable service as specified from a seller without complaining.

I disagree, I have bought over 160 times and had a handful of cancellations, all others were great. The issue here is not the site but the fact that you wanted top quality at a bargain basement price and instant responses to everything you ask for. That is a lot of demands - especially for someone who has not actually spent any money on the site! As I said, if you want bargain basement prices you need to be prepared to dig through the rubbish a bit. Same on any platform or any discount store really.

Fiverr works for me because I know the value of people’s work and I know how to choose someone properly. I don’t ever require someone to do something in such a short period of time although if I did, I would pay them properly for their instant assistance. Very few things on Fiverr are off the shelf and a lot of the gigs are subjective so it is important for buyers to do their homework on a seller before ordering. Having a realistic budget is also important though and trying to get anyone to do 2 hours work + modifications, on the spot, to earn less than you pay for a coffee is simply not realistic.

Sure, the seller was idiotic to agree but you need to manage your expectations too otherwise you will continue to work with idiots.

Finally, for someone with a humanitarian startup in Africa, I find it odd that you seem completely nonplussed (and somewhat self-satisfied) that “some guy in Pakistan” has just lost his income as a result of your complaint.

Archived