So what do you think of the new Fiverr ad?

Guest theeditor3

It was smart, it didn’t feel like an ad, it felt like a motivational video, one of those people share a zillion times.

Great ads are like that, they don’t try to sell but try to show, try to give you an experience, make you feel something.

There was an old woman on Youtube whining about the language, butI get it. GSD is startup lingo, and Fiverr is a startup. This ad represents their culture.

Will it work? I don’t know. Sometimes ads end up motivating the fans more than winning new customers. Apple is a good example of this, Apple thrives because their users are brand loyal. To them it’s not about getting a computer with more memory for less money, but about continuing with the products they love and trust.

I do hope they make an ad to attract buyers. Fiverr already has enough sellers.

That’s exactly what I felt. If I was a buyer, I wouldn’t feel encouraged by the ad. Fiverr should attract buyers, and by this I mean serious buyers. Also agree with the points made by @newsmike

That’s exactly what I felt. If I was a buyer, I wouldn’t feel encouraged by the ad. Fiverr should attract buyers, and by this I mean serious buyers. Also agree with the points made by @newsmike

:speaking_head: ECHO:

68802_1.png writer99025:

I have talked about this in a PM with someone, and I’m going to reiterate here again with a more appropriate tone.

This ad was targeted at Sellers NOT buyers. Simple reason is, when you have more service types and greater service providers to offer, you can offer a stronger portfolio to potential customers. “Hey come buy from us we have a gazillion people to choose from!”

Honestly, with an actual user base of 0.5 Million, the buyer-seller ratio is disproportionate, so someone had a brilliant 💡

Aged, mature and experienced seller population would think twice before accepting those “I will GIVE YOU THE WORLD 🌐 for $5”. So this is Fiverr’s strategy to try and get those “Whole world givers” in.

Apple is a good example of this, Apple thrives because their users are brand loyal.

Great point. Yes, and Apple has always been smart enough to portray their customers as savvy and hip. In comparison, look at how we portray our customers in this ad. Scene 1, a small girl offers a picture to an adult, who rips it from the child, crumbles it and tosses it out, because it’s crap. The adult then storms off to run her business from a cell phone in a public toilet. This is why I suggest that the creative team had no clear vision as to what they were saying about the buyers and sellers on fiverr, they were just amusing themselves.

Well, the worst thing you can do in advertising is look at an ad and try to learn from it. Don’t learn from ads, learn from life, from the world around you, books, movies, etc.

What Apple does works for Apple, it might not work for Fiverr. Fiverr’s ad is about attitude, the little girl did a crappy picture, that’s why it got ripped off. Doers are people with a lot of attitude, they push and fight until they get their way. Of course, they’re also a pain in the butt. Doers are the ones that interrupt meetings because they need something and instead of waiting patiently to get it, they demand it right away.

Fiverr allows you to be a doer. Here you don’t have to suffer horrible clients, you can refund them. Every gig can be as unique as you are, they will even let you suggest categories which is wonderful since the Fiverr team can’t think of everything, but we can.

Now, should every Fiverr ad be like that? Absolutely not. I want the next one to contrast the horrors of the real world vs. Fiverr. The horrors of meetings, red tape, traffic, delays, vs. hiring someone on Fiverr and getting it done in a few days.

Well my son told me the other day “it’s OK Mum - you’re just really old in the body, you’re not old in the mind”. I wasn’t sure whether to slap him or hug him 😆

I had a coworker say to me “You’re way older than I am but you look much younger.”

I was flattered…except for the “way” part. Dude, you didn’t have to add the “way.”

Guest theeditor3

Amateurish. I can see the meetings where the creative people all sat around a room and convinced themselves that they were sooooo cutting edge because they were piecing together a spot that was designed to push buttons through its coarseness and profanity as opposed to actually carving out a real benefit of using fiverr. This is why its important to have at least one adult in the room when making these type of decisions. Looks as if it was made on a budget, in a hurry by college kids.

The money spent could have been used to improve the fiverr infrastructure so that we don’t have to see the screwdriver logo that says “We’re taking a break” when the entire site is down.

Point of this was to attract attention, I see alot of ads on a daily and choose to skip as soon as I get the chance because they’re boring, whether or not you liked the content of it was enough for you to watch it to the end. The video will do its job, its either you will like the video and come to the site or you will dislike the video and take a moment to see what site its advertising.

Guest theeditor3

Apple is a good example of this, Apple thrives because their users are brand loyal.

Great point. Yes, and Apple has always been smart enough to portray their customers as savvy and hip. In comparison, look at how we portray our customers in this ad. Scene 1, a small girl offers a picture to an adult, who rips it from the child, crumbles it and tosses it out, because it’s crap. The adult then storms off to run her business from a cell phone in a public toilet. This is why I suggest that the creative team had no clear vision as to what they were saying about the buyers and sellers on fiverr, they were just amusing themselves.

The ad was trying to display that ideas aren’t everything, you can have the greatest idea in the world, but if you fail to do anything it will be pointless. The woman in the public restroom is working, representing versatility, it doesn’t matter where you get the work done, as long as you do. The client only sees the end result, they don’t see the hell some people go through to meet every single deadline, not everyone has a dedicated workspace, alot of fiverr sellers have a regular 9-5 and some may take extended bathroom breaks or sick days to get some work done, because they don’t want to be stuck in their 9-5 forever.

Guest theeditor3

:speaking_head: ECHO:

46578_1.png fastcopywriter:

I have talked about this in a PM with someone, and I’m going to reiterate here again with a more appropriate tone.

This ad was targeted at Sellers NOT buyers. Simple reason is, when you have more service types and greater service providers to offer, you can offer a stronger portfolio to potential customers. “Hey come buy from us we have a gazillion people to choose from!”

Honestly, with an actual user base of 0.5 Million, the buyer-seller ratio is disproportionate, so someone had a brilliant 💡

Aged, mature and experienced seller population would think twice before accepting those “I will GIVE YOU THE WORLD 🌐 for $5”. So this is Fiverr’s strategy to try and get those “Whole world givers” in.

you might be right but…not in the way you think, they’d be willing to do that, to get the required experience for jobs they want, because its hard to get a job straight of college, because every employer wants to see your portfolio, or you have to have some years of experience, but I understand why employers want this. In places like California if your doing something like film and video, to get started, to make a name for yourself, sometimes you have to start with doing work for free and since its not technically possible to do work for free on fiverr, and most people wouldn’t trust a service offered for free, it has to be $5, but the point is, the intention is not to stay at that point forever, the more mature individuals on this site have more responsibilities and won’t be able to offer services that cheap, because they have more to think about. I agree that offering services for cheap will ultimately cheapen the marketplace, but customers will always be willing to pay more for something they think is worth more, just look at apple, they took the headphone jack out of the iphone, lowered production cost as a result and then called it innovation.

Right now my focus is on exercise and getting fit…this is a great time to start working out seriously as I lost a lot of weight because I turned to a protein-based diet over the last 6 months. So have lost fat, now it’s time to build muscle.

Great job on the weight loss so far. I’m taking advantage of this little Fiverr lull I got to get back into the gym myself and get toned again. lost 100 pounds and I plan on keeping it off. I always say if you want something bad enough, nothing will keep you from getting it. I’m with emmaki… share before and after pics. 🙂

Great job on the weight loss so far. I’m taking advantage of this little Fiverr lull I got to get back into the gym myself and get toned again. lost 100 pounds and I plan on keeping it off. I always say if you want something bad enough, nothing will keep you from getting it. I’m with emmaki… share before and after pics. 🙂

100 pounds…WOW…

Archived