How to Send Attractive Buyer Request

bookcovers_pro

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@eoinfinnegan - I completely agree with your sentiments.

When I have posted requests in the past, I have had the following experience:

• The first thing that puts me off, is bad English. I’m afraid that Fiverr is mostly used by English speakers and maybe I’m just pedantic, but if your offer is not written properly, how is my article going to be written? Or how are we going to understand each other when communicating?

• I usually do visit the profiles of all candidates: I am interested to see where you are from, and what you have included in your profile. I also like to take a look at some of your other gigs to see if the service you have offered me falls in line with your general skills. (I’m assuming that people post Gigs based on their abilities and skills)

• When it comes to writing the actual offer, something that catches my attention: If you can repeat what I have requested in a slightly different way, it tells me that you have understood exactly what I want. For example, saying:

Please consider using my services for your request to design a custom, unique line art logo…

is so much better than

I can design any logo for you.

I find that the last point is important for me. If you can repeat my request in your own way, you are the buyer I want to work with, because you have taken the time to read my request, understand it, and listened.

• While you are at it, it’s nice to know I am dealing with a human who has a story: In one or two sentences tell me about yourself. Is this type of work something you are passionate about? What’s your name? What areas are you particularly skilled at?

• And then tell me what you can offer me. It’s easier for a buyer to make a decision about an offer that has all the information. Include the price you will charge, and when you expect you can deliver.

If the buyer doesn’t like your terms it prevents them from wasting your time. It also prevents the seller from wasting the buyers time, they don’t have to contact you and get additional details.

Guest gamunu

Hi there Bookcovers_pro,

I find that buyer requests is an excellent tool, however the buyers are often flooded with seller requests. So you need to stand out. Here are my few tips:

1. Don’t waste time on posts that have at least 20+ requests, it’s more than likely that the buyer has already decided.

2. Provide a short informative response. Remember, this will be sent as a custom offer so provide what you will require from the buyer also.

3. Price it well, most sellers will often match the buyer’s budget, however I would recommend reducing the quote to make it stand out more. You could then potentially make extra money through up selling on delivery.

Hope this helps! If any one else has any advice, just post a reply 🙂

Kindest regards,

Reece

Thanks for sharing Reece

i completely agree with your 3rd one what do you think about 3 packages fiverr gives us

currently i’m not using it.

Guest fancieslippers

If I was a buyer, I would not buy from anyone in this post. I have explained why above. Honestly, I can’t believe this is still going.

I’m a new buyer here. I’ve been checking out the forums to see what the seller community is like.

It’s been very revealing.

I posted my first request yesterday and received a mass of responses. About 75% of them used pour communication which made me wonder how they would understand my instructions. (I’m probably hard on this topic…I’m an author. But, really, proof your offer. It reflects on your work.) THREE out of all of them seemed to have actually read my request. Many seemed to think I wanted a whole list of what they were selling. No, I mentioned in my request what I was looking for. I deleted the majority. Some I held onto because I liked the style of their work. I’ll be researching them further before I decide.

My point: As a buyer, I DO NOT want a canned response to my request. If you can’t take time to read a few sentences and get to know what I want, I can only assume you won’t pay attention to my instructions when I assign you to work on my project.

Learn good promo/marketing practice.

I request all of you guys to stop looking for an easy way out.
To get the most of the Buyer’s Requirements section:
1.Read the buyer’s requirements thoroughly.
(I personally do not send offers to requests stating Native English writers only or I will reject if I do not like the result. Apply only if you are willing to provide unlimited revisions.)
2. Come up with a response that includes your relevant experience. For example. If I see a buyer request asking for health-related content, I simply include the links to my relevant articles (or tell them that I have written on that topic before).
3. Do not charge lower than the buyer’s budget. If you are providing quality, then you should never do it for peanuts. You will surely find customers who appreciate your hard work.

Hello everyone,
I am new around here and I am trying to understand trough the forum how do people send buyers requests. I made the account 2 weeks ago and I have two gigs, Basically I understood that the seller is the only one that can contact you. Or how does this promote your gig work? is there a video tutorial that explains that? outside of promoting your badge on a blog , I really didn’t figured out how to contact people for initiating business/proposing. Help!

I’m a new buyer here. I’ve been checking out the forums to see what the seller community is like.

It’s been very revealing.

I posted my first request yesterday and received a mass of responses. About 75% of them used pour communication which made me wonder how they would understand my instructions. (I’m probably hard on this topic…I’m an author. But, really, proof your offer. It reflects on your work.) THREE out of all of them seemed to have actually read my request. Many seemed to think I wanted a whole list of what they were selling. No, I mentioned in my request what I was looking for. I deleted the majority. Some I held onto because I liked the style of their work. I’ll be researching them further before I decide.

My point: As a buyer, I DO NOT want a canned response to my request. If you can’t take time to read a few sentences and get to know what I want, I can only assume you won’t pay attention to my instructions when I assign you to work on my project.

Learn good promo/marketing practice.

you can contact anyone.

Guest chloesuper7

Thank you for being open and sharing your bidding tips. Please bud, my account is stuck, with your tips I may be able to carry on. Please help

Guest designit_247

Templates again 😒

I’ve tried buyers request section as a buyer about 4-5 times and I found the right seller through that only once. Close to 90% of sellers were sending me templates which I instantly deleted. It takes about 5 minutes to write a customized answer to a buyer’s request (it’s 800 characters). If a seller can’t spare 5 minutes then I don’t expect them to invest much effort in my order.

Since I’m also a seller, I made about 15 offers last week and got 3 clients out of it (worth $375 in total).

• I didn’t use any templates
  • I sent only custom offers addressing buyer’s requirements
  • I’m definitely not offering the lowest prices. I know what my services are worth, so I’m not even trying to compete with $5 offers.
  • I don’t have a ton of reviews either, but once I get a buyer to reply back to me I know how to sell my services.
  • I hardly ever use up my daily limit, simply because I don’t bid on random requests. Just like clients are looking for a perfect seller I do my research to make sure I don’t end up with a scammer.

All I’m trying to say is that a template is not a magic solution that works for everyone. I’m sure it might work for some sellers, but it’s not a golden rule.

Do you homework and don’t rely on others to write a template to sell your services.

Wow,

Uxreview has said it all,

Guest designit_247

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Please read the comments on this post. Am not sure you will need any template anymore.

Archived