Planning on outsourcing? think again!

brandonmcfee

Outsourcing is extremely risky. Your reputation will suffer if the people you hire aren’t as good as you. If you don’t have enough time to complete orders, you have the following options.

1. Click “Limit Orders In Queue”
  2. Increase Delivery Times
  3. Turn on packages and raise prices
  4. Charge a lot more for fast delivery
  5. Turn on vacation mode
  6. Decline orders
  7. Use custom orders and select a timeframe that works for you. Example: 14-days instead of 3-days.

I understand what your specific situation was, but I’m speaking in general - wondering why outsource at all? I make it very clear on my gigs that require a lot of work for me, to “Please message me before ordering.” If I can’t do the job for whatever reason, I decline, and suggest that the buyer will find excellent sellers on Fiverr that can either do the specific work that I don’t know how to do/ that can work with the buyer’s budget.
Wondering and curious what you think…

I also have a 9-5 job, and have found a big part of starting on Fiverr to be about deciding what size jobs to take and how to determine what I can handle. I’ve turned away a couple large, lucrative projects because I just didn’t think I could devote the time to them that they deserved. They’re tempting, but I don’t want to get to the point where I can’t take on new clients or have flexibility, especially this early on. Outsourcing seems like more trouble than it’s worth, and could potentially get dishonest if the buyer doesn’t realize that’s what they’re signing up for.

It’s not something the mod team chose to do. Fiverr automatically removes all company names of competitors like Upvvork, Frealancer, etc. Annoying, but once you know you can get around it. We only go in and re-edit if someone does a workaround to direct traffic off Fiverr or something.

I think that’s your personal experience alone, Outsourcing is a good way to diversify your business. Services you don’t offer but ones through which you can make decent money, I have outsourced from fiverr to other freelancing networks and so far it has worked for me perfectly! 🙂 It comes with its own risks but it is worth trying on a small scale.

Archived