It pays to overdeliver!

Guest allason

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are definitely correct. I always overdeliver my customers. Most of them show their appreciation. Although there are some customers who dont even bother to write even a two words of “thank you” in the feedback…

Guest allason

Reply to @hitsbots:

That happens to me too, but they keep coming back so they must be happy. At times I ask those buyers if they would leave some feedback to help me build my business and those times they usually do.

I guess sometimes people are just too busy to take a couple of minutes to write something.

I wish you continued success!

Guest gamersuscentral

I had this happen to me several times these past two weeks. People do pay extra for customer service! Working on fiverr, you have some freedom

I share the same sentiment as most people in here. I’ve had some good success with under-promising but then over-delivering. Although I do find it a fine line between looking after your clients, and applying yourself too thinly. I know from personal experience that when I buy a service from somebody, I’m expecting the service to include courtesy, which is often neglected. A little goes a long way!

Guest allason

Reply to @jhuntington05:

Totally true, and the great thing is that she is a regular repeat customer now who buys extras every time! It was worth the little amount of time I was prepared to give for free to get such great business loyalty.

Wow, I’ve had the exact opposite and I still shake my head wondering if the buyer thinks I am crazy or what. Long story short, i did the work, over-delivered, helped fix other issues at the same time and the buyer says: You are so helpful I want to buy 2 gigs just to say thank you for the extra help you provided.

A day later, the buyer purchases 1 gig and says she needs more changes done so in the end, I got a bunch of sales, but no promised 2 gigs to say thank you. Not bitter, but would rather not have been promised it in the first place…

Some people’s kids I tell ya! lol

Stefan

aka MrBargain

Guest allason

Reply to @mrbargain:

That is not good at all. As you say, why say something if you have no intention of doing it? As my grandmother would say “some people were drugged up and not raised”.

I am sure that somewhere down the line you will get some good karmic payback.

you are still going to buy facebook likes/twitter followers and ect…ill tell you the secret for $5.get your first 50fb likes and then pay.for 5o likes you have to spend only 15min. you can get unlimited amount according to your effect.just order now save your money

Sheriff’s Note: Please don’t spam the forum. You can promote your gig under “My Fiverr Gigs”

I have an issue over here, I have agreed to this thread before that over-delivering pays but then what do you guys do when the client keeps requesting changes once we are done with the work? Can we charge them extra gig because this client of mine did not mention about the font colour of the video I did until I delivered the second edition and he came up with the idea of having the font colour changed as well as some other changes. What can we do with this cases?

Reply to @bachas85: Exactly! That is what I would do next. Clearly outline the gig and work I would deliver. Mine is actually a one minute video and this has exceeded one minute. He has again requested for some minor changes which he could have requested earlier. So I’m demanding for an extra gig before the final order is delivered

I completely agree that it pays to over-deliver. I saw someone mention earlier that he feels it pays to over-deliver on a $100 order but not a $5 order. I actually think that depends on the seller, the buyer and the situation. New sellers NEED every bit of positive interaction they can get to seal the deal, avoid cancellations or complaints and begin building their reputation. So in the case of a new seller, I think it definitely pays to over-deliver.

Might not be the case for a veteran seller with tons of completed gigs and positive feedback already under their belt. The more popular you become here, the more valuable your time is. Not to mention, you’ve earned your stripes in terms of proving that you’re a great seller. You obviously need to do what you can to maintain your good reputation, but you can afford to be a bit more picky with when you decide to over-deliver and who you decide to over-deliver to.

I also think the season matters. Anyone can have a slow or dry season and competition here is fierce. That goes for top sellers as well. In those times over-delivering on every order is important, whether it’s a $5 order or a $100 order. If you want to come out of that dry season, you need to show why you deserve to (more than your competitors, that is).

I’m a newer seller, but even if I wasn’t I think that over-delivering on every order is important. Sure, I might get to the point where I make more on some orders than others. However, that doesn’t make any buyer less important. Who knows, a buyer that’s just trying out my gig for $5 could actually be prepared and willing to spend a whole lot more. By over-delivering even on their $5 order, I’m showing them that I view every buyer as important and I’m willing to go the extra mile for them. I’m much more likely to secure that big order that’s waiting in the wings for me to pass the “test.”

Archived