It pays to overdeliver!

Guest allason

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply to @guruofbacklinks:

Absolutely agree! Excellent points! I too am fairly new here on fiverr. In fact, today i achieved LEVEL 2 status and I’m ecstatic!

For me, I over deliver every single gig. What I notice is that I’m always more generous to buyers that communicate well and come off as sincere and appreciative.

How long did it take all of you to start making money on here? I have no idea what I am doing, I honestly thought this would be much less complicated than it actually is! lol So I just joined today and now it is a waiting game I suppose. Is it going to be a while before I probably can start doing anything on here!?

Be careful who you overdeliver to, some buyers are sharks out here, they’ll smell weakness and try to take advantage of you.

Be careful of buyers who use descriptive adjectives in non-video purchases. Especially writing! It’s their polite way of trying to squeeze more than five bucks worth of work out of you!

Totally agree with you. There are employers out there looking partners, and an overdelivery can be the decive act when it comes to showing your ambition. This way I have been hired for continuous work, and have made great business partners!

Hi everyone! I’m a 3 year Fiverr buyer/seller, first time forum poster. Just wanted to chime in on over-delivering.

I just started a new gig writing and recording short hip hop / rap songs for customers:

http://fiverr.com/irap4u/write-and-record-a-hip-hoprap-song-for-you

My gig starts at a “written rap” for $5. The rest are extras. Since I haven’t leveled up yet, I can’t offer extras the proper way. My customer’s have to order multiple gigs for extras. However, I have been over-delivering since my first sale and it has been bringing me more new sales, as well as repeat customers. My customers now have no problem paying the higher extras costs because of the quality they know they’ll receive. And once, my extras go live, my price points can be higher.

…oh also…over-delivering does bring in the tips. I think I need to create a gig for tips. 😉

Its is happening all the time for me, coz in programming area we can’t strikly define what we do!!

in mine i say i do any kind of coding that is worth for 5$ but most of the case people big tasks from me just for 1gig

at the end i put “Do not order without contacting me” in my all gig pages 😃

Imal

• 2 weeks later...

Had this happen to me not long ago.

I had redesigned a phpBB theme from orange to red. The client told me the specific zones to change and had forgotten one. Came back after it was all done, a week later and demanded I fix it. So, I acted as if it were my fault and fixed it. Received a tip the next morning.

Guest cust0mcr3ationz

I will tell you all this right now. Don’t go out of your way all the time to over-deliver unless you know that a customer may be a long term or may tip. $5 orders are one thing, but $25 or $50 orders are completely different. You want to impress buyers, but you can’t impress everyone all the time. You have to make sure you aren’t stressing yourself out in the process. You want to have fun and enjoy the job your doing so only over deliver if you know that the buyer may appreciate it. here’s some factors that could be reasons to over deliver: could your project really do good for a large number of people. Will your gig be featured to a large number of people in a blog or on a website. Will your video or your project become viral somehow. Whatever the case, over delivery is a case by case basis. Just have fun with your gigs and do the job as described. The ultimate goal is to make the person happy. If over delivery means the possibility of a tip then more power to you. 🙂 I over deliver when I know that in the end it will benefit me or if I am going to run late on an order. It benefits me and the buyer. I end up getting a lot of orders from repeat buyers in the process.

I am a huge believer in going the extra mile to give my clients what they want. The client is always right in my estimation. That is why you should go above and beyond. It also helps in terms of tips. I have received many after helping my clients. If you do not have a tip jar gig, you are missing out on some good extra income. While you’re at it you can see for yourself what I mean by checking out my voice over gig at www.fiverr.com/djricsantos

Archived