Knowing the mind of a buyer = Success

david_ff

If there was a magic bullet then fiverr would be a boring place to spend time. Different buyers want different things, and there are sellers out there to fulfill all of their desires.

In terms -f creative writing gigs-

Some sellers will produce spun or quickly-put-together content and this will be fine for the buyers that want something fast and cheap.

Others want someone to produce quality and understand that this takes a little more time and a little more money.

Horses for courses.

is “continue with your rhinestones” a Texan/Southerner thing? I haven’t come across that saying before.

Now I have an urge to listen to Rhinestone Cowboy, damn you. Or maybe Galveston. Sod it, I’ve got Spotify. Glen Campbell, here I come!

Thanks for your comment. And I truly mean that. I’ll just say this. Please read my original post… and then read the next three comments. (note: enmaki’s comment of “I understand successful people, not bloody losers.” Came before any of my comments) And then explain how I was “forcing” the idea that all buyers care about videos.

I simply presented a scenario. An example. A possible situation… implying that some buyers might look for videos and delivery time when ordering.

Then withstood a barrage of comments saying videos and video marketing are rubbish and of no value – and saying that I was forcing the idea that ALL customers care about is videos. (Which I never once did, I only defended the position that video marketing is effective, and that we as sellers should keep that in mind.)

Yes my comments were a bit snarky, but I think if you ask enmaki, the focus of my comments, she’s not offended. As I’m sure you know, her wit and ability to “not” mince words serves her well, and I’m guessing she’s perfectly willing to adhere to the saying, “If you’re going to dish it out, you better be willing to take it”

So I’ll consider her saying my advice is a browner shade of brown (aka crap), and me saying I have to think for her when I do a Google search to provide proof, a fair trade. We’re both passionate about our opinions and I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

My apologies if I offended you. You’re right, I should watch my tongue and tone in the future to avoid civilian casualties.

Have a great day!

Actually, I was refering to idiot buyers who want pitch perfect work for peanuts extra fast as losers. As Eoin says below, you want the nice successful people coming to see you, not Captain Disorganized Loser.

I am not upset by anything here. I enjoy sparring, as you may have noticed. Besides, it’s going to take a lot to top the “Whoreson” in Bangladeshi that I got called the other day by the incisive-thinking, non-fraudulent non-spammy Sarwar.

Anyway, I asked for facts, you gave me two marketing videos that ultimately gave me “predictions”–at least if the sources on the infographic are anything to go by. Hype remains hype. Videos can be useful in context, but blah.

Anyway, it’s a storm in a teacup over videos, which of course I find hilarious.

Produce the stats, then. The video had no sources, and the infographic was largely sourced from “predictions”.

You know, lies, damned lies and statistics and all that. I haven’t refuted your point either, as much as I’ve asked for actual simple facts and pointing out that vids don’t work for anyone.

#emmaki I have plenty of proof that videos convert and what works and what doesn’t work. But, sorry, I’m not going to share it and neither will fiverr share their own stats. It’s best you do a search to find out.

If you are not using visual marketing you are missing out. It needs to be produced by someone who has the experience and knows the market.

As a video marketer, you would say that. You post is only confirming my mental image of you plodding along like a diplodocus.to chew on foliage. Why even post to say that you know something works but you’re not going to share the stats?

Are you also saying that images aren’t visual marketing? I’m only 700 reviews behind you–and I joined two years after you. Just how “effective” is this, really? Accepting of course that you are in the video gig area and I’m not.

Just don’t eat my petunias.

Archived