Fiverr is not the lottery

onlinedzshop

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly i agree !!
they don’t know how hard is to get into level 1 or 2
and they just want to be top rated really?
I sleep just 5 hours in my day working hard in nights adjusting my gigs
sending buyer requests
its not that easy really 😦 and people just steal work and the whole portfolio
from others
sad

<< think like a buyer.>>
I think I read a chapter called like that in the Academy pages, should be obvious, the operative word being should, so it´s good you said it.

<<maybe everybody can do what you’re offering by themselves…>>
This is one I often think to myself too, but then I guess it´s not everybody, but only some or most, also some who might be able to do it themselves might have more important/better-paying things to do, so if you have a gig that offers things that some people can´t/don´t want to do themselves, it´s okay, you´ll just probably have to pour more effort into it than if you have gigs for things most people can not do themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest classywriter100

Sometimes, it boils down to the marketing strategies sellers employ to push their gigs out to prospective buyers. There gigs maybe very useful but it’s not generating impressions, clicks or views that would likely convert to sales; these aspects need to be considered.

I agree. Planning your gig and figuring out what you have to offer is important. Time and patience also plays a huge role. I’ve found my growth to be exponential. After the first few orders and reviews they usually start coming in faster and faster.

Fiverr is actually quite hard, even old sellers sometimes struggle with all the competition, all the people doing more of what you do for a lot less. Sometimes the search results are inaccurate, and now Fiverr punishes you for refund.

Fiverr has this fantasy that refunds are bad. They don’t understand that some gigs are extremely subjective and attract buyers that only pay when they like the work. Before, offering “100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back” was a safe bet, a win-win. They get their money back and you don’t get a bad review. Nowadays, each bad review hurts you. There are people with 5 reviews on the top row and people with 1,000 positive reviews way down.

So to new sellers, be glad you have no bad reviews, this is your chance to shine. If the orders aren’t coming, create new gigs or improve the ones you have. Remember, not every gig is a winner. I’ve created and deleted gigs myself. I give every new gig about 3 months to shine, sometimes less, sometimes more.

Another thing is not to charge $10+ when your gig is brand new. Brand new means you have no credibility, so people won’t be paying you a lot of money. You have to prove yourself to get paid more.

Archived