Dry season - when is it going to be?

deesajn

The question is mainly for the people from the USA. Most of my clients are from this country therefore I would like to know when in the USA the business is slowing down, people are taking longer brake, holidays maybe. Is it July and August? The May was quite bad for me, I would like to prepare for the worst…

Unfortunately, predictions other than December are rough. It can depend on what you sell too. The first half of May was dead for me, but I spent some fishing time in BR after I had to pause my Gigs for a few days. I don’t know what helped, but orders picked up for me, especially recently. Predicting ebb and flow on Fiverr is like using a rock to check the weather. If it’s wet, it’s raining.

Instead, I would focus on your own insurance. When times are good, save half your earnings or whatever you can. Eventually you can build enough to cover 3-6 months of expenses. Skip all luxury spending until you hit the 3 month savings marker, and limit luxuries until at least the 6 month marker. When dry seasons come, start tweaking and marketing heavily and if you must, rely on what you saved.

When times are good, build your savings pool back up to 6 months worth or more. This is valuable for anyone self-employed, not just Fiverr, and many owners keep a year’s worth of savings.

Weekends are usually much drier than the rest of the week. And we just had a holiday yesterday, Memorial Day, which was a long holiday weekend in America, and I had very little orders. Then last night suddenly, when the weekend was over, orders started again. So orders slow down on weekends and holidays. People are doing other things than sitting in front of their computers at those times.

Archived