I just got a thumbs down! In 2016--possible change to review system in works?

emmaki

I should have taken a screen shot, but I was just befuddled to have the xyz just gave you a 5-star review! message only to see a huge thumb down (which, incidentally, is huge with updated graphics.).

So I refreshed the page and the actual stars were back.

Anyway, an interesting little glitch that could portend good news for those who hate the star system. Has anyone else had this happen?

I, for one, wouldn’t mind the old system coming back. The stars don’t bother me much, but It’s hard to screw up a job so badly a thumbs down is warranted, and psychopathic buyers are not that common, despite our frequent bellyaches.

But I like the stars system. I give people thumbs up when I see them helping old ladies cross roads, stars on the other hand, say, “hey, this guy was fantastic today.”

• Also, why would thumbs down show for a 5 star review?

I don’t know, it was a glitch, so I assume it was related to that. The reason I didn’t screenshot was because I was having a fit of the vapors over the bad/good review and the thumbs thing was merely incidental as I refreshed the page. What I should have done is looked at the source or something. Oh well. If anyone else has this, do that! Be smart! Screenshot it if it’s gibberish so a code monkey can translate it into English!

The thumbs up system didn’t leave much leeway for fussy reviews, which was nice.

I like thumbs instead of stars. Simplicity. I got a 4 star review several months ago and a big thumbs down symbol was next to it. I was perplexed by the thumb symbol appearance and the fact that 4 stars should count as positive. The thumb disappeared on refresh. I asked the buyer why they hadn’t requested a revision and all they wrote back was “Crybaby!” They deleted the review shortly after and left the sale complete without any review.

I vote that buyer thumbs down for attitude but a thumbs up for not causing a scene over $20.

Archived