What would you do differently if starting out on fiverr again?

lloydsolutions

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably nothing. Slowly but surely I have tweaked the quality of my artwork to meet the desires of the market. My time here has taught me what people are looking for in style and illustration. Without all of that trial and error, and small improvements in pricing and packaging, I would not have all of the experience that I have now. I’ve realized this for a while now. Fiverr has made me into a much wiser marketer.

I joined fiverr over 18 days ago, and its been an experience.
There was a particular week i got not less than 8 orders, and made sure to
complete my orders 2 days before the gig delivery deadline. For me I
believe strongly that Fiverr is all about bringing out your time and
dedication, and taking it as though you are running your own business. I
am a Bachelor of Arts degree holder of Sociology/Anthropology, and i have
loved writing all my life, one of the things i learnt while in college is
valuing individuals that come your way. Most of my buyers are repeated
buyers, and they love what I do. I had a particular buyer who kept asking
for remodifications for his order, he always replied late anytime i threw
any question at him concerning his order, this made the order stay longer
than expected. Yet i was patient and treated him like an ‘egg’. Yet after
the whole service i rendered, i did not get a tip from him though his
order was higher than what i actually did for him, and he was so happy
with my service, yet i was not perturbed.

I may have been writing a long story of my experience on fiverr, but I believe its for the benefits of some of my fellow newbies on fiverr. ALWAYS VALUE YOUR CLIENTS- I take
them as clients though hehe… Do not work just for the money, work as though you are trying to make someone happy, that way you will get repeat buyers, even when you do not do well, they would encourage you(for those responsible ones) and help you do better next time. I have done not less than 15 orders on fiverr, yet only 12 has been completed, and all gave me 5-star ratings, this does not come from being reluctant or relaxed when working with clients. It comes from hard work and value for them. In conclusion, for my newbies, take Fiverr as though it’s your personal small business firm, behave like a CEO hehe, take it with a positive mindset, if not you may not scale through in the competitive marketplace. Also be
aware that not all days on fiverr may not be rosy, some days you might have fast flow of buyers, other days dryness hehe… it has not happened to me though, but thats the truth. In fiverr do what you can do best, do not look for “where the money is” do what you know how to do the best, and you will get positive outcome. Thanks- For those who read this.

Most people work just for the money, me included. There are a few exceptions such as people that want to practice their skills, retirees, trust-fund kids or people with inheritances, etc. But the money is the main motivation, and there’s nothing wrong with that. When sellers speak of why they love Fiverr, they mention how Fiverr helped them pay their credit card debts, buy a car, buy a computer, gave them money for holidays, etc. See? Money is very important.

In fact, CEO’s work for the money. Even so-called “non-profits” have people looking to make a profit. The president of the Red Cross for example makes $1,037,000 according to Snopes.

See? We’re all after money. Whether you enjoy what you do or not isn’t the question. For free we do nothing, for free we watch TV, play video games, get drunk, party, etc. However, to do those things we have to make money first, i.e. work.

With that said, I try to deliver quality work with each and every order, I know screwing buyers is bad for my business, so I don’t do it.

I just started again. Worked 3 years back with fiverr with great profile and lots of gigs. Left for other priorities and my profile is gone now. Restarted with my new profile. But this time I am too cautious to have a healthy relationship with all my clients and fiverr. Happy fiverring

II just started, is first time in Fiverr, but at the moment I don´t have, nothing sales.
I read the comments, I am thinking in change my gigs,
if they can, please visit my gigs and tell me are correct? or give me a advice. thanks

I’ve only been going for 2 months but have learnt a lot about me & how I want to work in that time. I joined Fiverr to earn some spending money & keep my brain sharp in-between my real life activities (running a small farm) & in the first month on Fiverr I forgot why I joined in my excitement at getting work. As a result I have been too busy with a few big gigs to the detriment of my real-life activities. So if I was starting out again:

1. I’d pick a maximum of 3 gigs in a particular skill area and I’d focus on making those work. I have paused half the gigs I started out with that weren’t as popular.
  2. I’d look at the categories very carefully and make sure that each of my gigs was in a different Fiverr category. This is so that I could see buyer requests in those categories that might be a fit. I used buyer requests a lot in the first month. About 1 in 10 offers become an order though.
  3. Fiverr suggests making generous offers to get started, working for less, delivering more. I would still do this but I’d be incredibly wary about what I took on. Early on, I was so excited at getting a big requirements to fulfil that in one case I ended up doing 80 hours over one week for only $100.
  4. Taking on big custom gigs means you have to turn down other smaller gigs. For me, more small gigs are easier to manage than that 1 big gig. I didn’t think about that initially. I know now.
  5. Along the same lines, make offers that reflect the effort you need to put in and don’t be upset if people don’t want to pay what you’re asking. As long as you’re still getting some work then your prices are correct for the skill, experience, and quality you’re offering. (in month 2, I built an estimating tool. My prices went up for custom work. People still order.)
  6. I would learn more about the weird (and in some cases just plain wrong) algorithms and metrics that Fiverr uses to put on your profile. I would make my behaviour suit the requirements of the metrics sooner than I did.

I would do several things:

• Dedicate more time to Fiverr, for 1 year and a half I didn’t believe I could make it here and was trying different things online. Stupid thing to do.

• Sell my services a little cheaper at the start. I didn’t have a fast growth, just because of that. It was really slow for me and I was being expensive for some services.

• Should’ve upsell and think of creative gig extras. I didn’t upsell nor had creative gig extras in the first year and a half.

What i would have done differently was to find Fiverr earlier, like in the years i used to work on elance. I joined Fiverr a month ago, but have gotten satisfaction from satisfying all my clients in my erotic story writing and Chat gig.
My main concern here is to make sure my clients gets maximum satisfaction for their money.

Archived