Away for 2 weeks?

flatpp

I took the weekend off and woke up to orders this morning. I also had to go on vacation for the whole month of September and everything was fine. I was actually expecting my selling here on fiverr to be over from what I had read on the forums but my sales even increased. I doubt they increased because of the vacation, more like the time of year but either way it worked out!

It does affect your search if someone searches for “active” Gigs. If your Gigs are not active, Buyer’s can’t purchase them. It’s that simple. Fiverr’s search is geared to generating sales and making it easy for Buyers to find what they want as they’re searching for it–active and ready-to-order Gigs. However, in the long term this will not affect your Gigs.

Here’s a pro-tip: If you’re planning on being away for an extended period, note that dates in your profile and communicate this to your Buyers in conversational messages prior to your “vacation” period. This way any both old will know you’re going to be gone (but you’ll be back) and new Buyers will see and know when exactly you plan on coming back if they want to work with your specifically.

You can also create a “quick message” that explains to your Buyer’s clearly and effectively that you’ll be away and when you’ll be away. It’s also recommended to provide the details on how they can get a “notice” of when you return by clicking on your desired Gig. Not ever Buyer knows about this, but when you return from “vacation mode” they will get an email automatically from Fiverr letting them know your Gigs are back and active for ordering.

Overall, it’s best to proactive. In doing so, this will help jumpstart your orders again when you return. I know from first-hand going on “vacation” regardless if you’re actually going on vacation or simply overbooked, coming back off of “vacation mode” there a bit of slow crawl back to Buyers ordering again. I wouldn’t advise being away for more than 1-2 weeks. Buyers want someone they can count on–imaging if your favorite restaurant was closed for few random months of the year. Regardless of the reason, customers eventually would go somewhere else. Customers want someone and something they can count on. Everyone knows you need a few days or weeks of from time to time. Everyone deserves a vacation.

There is also the option to add days to your Gigs instead–this way your Gig are still up and advice, but the longer duration will give you more time to take “breaks” in between orders.

Just do some prep work and you’ll be good to go when you return! Hope this helps. 🙂

I wish I knew this trick about extending the delivery time. I was away for 2 weeks in August and I’m still badly affected. I’ve since moved to level 2 and still not much movement. Hopefully I can recover from it one of these days in the near future.

I’ve included an small note in my gig description telling users that I am away with a date that I am back on. Despite that, I still got an order through! But it was hard to turn down because the buyer was paying me quite a lot for it.

Anyway, I don’t think I will use vacation mode at all from now on.

Archived