My experience with Vacation mode (and sales afterward)

jamesbulls

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...

Interesting. I had the opposite experience. I have quite a few links outside of Fvierr pointing to my gig. I’d be interested on your social media marketing. Maybe you are doing something different than some of us.

e you are doing something different than some of us.

I have used vacation mode for 4 days. Before i left my gig was on the front page but after return my gig vanished completely. I have asked my clients to search for me and the result is the same.

I went on vacation mode just recently to attend the funeral of my mother’s death. As soon as I got back on Friday, I had orders and inbox messages. Of course, a couple of messages were from repeat buyers but it wasn’t long before my queue was hitting the upper 10s again.

And, my gig is the 20s rankings of the Highest Average, despite my having more than 1k positive reviews.

Strange indeed.

funeral of my mother’s death

Feeling sad to hear that. My deep condolences with you

• 6 months later...

I would suggest talking to your customers and saying you are traveling and wont deliver while you are on vacation, and schedule together a future date.

This way you don’t lose customers, don’t get pushed back on the search engine, and don’t have your account inactive.

You will be postponing all works and will inform that to your customers, you still need to be active on chat if you want to go on this direction.

I thought about doing the vacation mode but after the reviews i have read I will not do it.
Another nice way would be to change your delivery date to after you return.

I would suggest talking to your customers and saying you are traveling and wont deliver while you are on vacation, and schedule together a future date.

This way you don’t lose customers, don’t get pushed back on the search engine, and don’t have your account inactive.

You will be postponing all works and will inform that to your customers, you still need to be active on chat if you want to go on this direction.

I thought about doing the vacation mode but after the reviews i have read I will not do it.

Another nice way would be to change your delivery date to after you return.

You do realize you are replying to a thread from 2016?

GG

Archived