Good Experience!

webtelly

I just discovered something and thought I would share it with sellers. When you rate your buyer with a positive review (3 stars or higher), and leave the text field blank for lack of words, then the words “Good Experience!” show up under your name for that review in the gig. I don’t know what shows up when you post a negative review. As a side note, if a customer gives me three or four stars, that is what they get from me. I have many buyers who seem happy with the work, ask for an order modification, leave a glowing review, and the 3 or 4 stars. I don’t think they realize how important our rating system is.

Reply to @fastcopywriter: As far as I know (things change from time to time on Fiverr) last time I have asked this question, CS answered that it is always the buyer who has to change their review & star rating. Even if you ask for cancellation so they get refunded, in case they do not accept the cancellation, the rating and review remains there forever.

It is good to know because often a buyer may leave a 3 or 4 stars rating for a perfectly done job for them, thinking that this is OK as long as it is positive. Not everybody is aware of the meaning of a 5 stars rating on Fiverr.

I remember when we changed over from the thumbs to the 5 star rating. Most of us who are active on the forum went crazy. The pitch from Fiverr was it would improve customer relations and we would know better what the customer wants. That pitch is so full of holes it isn’t funny.

I may be wrong, but when you are rated less than 5 stars (i.e. 3 stars) you have no idea how you were rated on the individual categories. All you see is an overall rating. So if I get a rating less than 5 stars I have to ask the customer what it was they rated less than 5 stars. I believe that is the only way I would know how I was rated on individual categories or is there another to find out how you were rated on each category without having to ask the buyer???

Anyways, back to Fiverr’s pitch. I don’t know how the rating system has improved anything compared to the tumbs up and thumbs down system. If anything the rating system gave buyers more power over sellers and added more confusion rather than clarity.

I think three stars will get you a “Satisfactory Experience,” two stars will get you an “Unsatisfactory Experience” and one star will earn you a "Unacceptable Experience."

Buyers definitely don’t “get” how important ratings are to sellers, nor do they understand that we can’t even see what we’ve been rated, like @steveeyes mentioned. Sure, we can see the “average,” but if it’s less than five stars, it’s impossible to know which “criteria” wasn’t up to snuff, in their opinion. There’s nothing more frustrating to an A-type personality than getting 4.5 stars and not being able to figure out which criteria was/were only rated four stars.

Anyway, back to your point and to echo what steveeyes said–we were promised the five star rating system would improve rating transparency and blah blah. Sticking in a automatically generated “____ Experience!” based on the number of stars the buyer chose doesn’t illuminate the rating system at all, especially if they gave fewer than five stars. Less than perfect ratings should have to be explained–but that’s just my personal opinion. Looking at ratings anywhere online will tell you that people leave less than perfect ratings but glowing reviews all the time. But, if something was wrong, I want to know what it was, as both a seller here and a consumer in general!

wow Im sorry to hear this but maybe it would have been better they do not rate if its going to be less than the 5 would you prefer that instead of the thumbs up? I know what it feels like when a buyer says he is satisfied but yet gives no rating or no feedback its kind of confusing and you dont want to seem pushy when you are asking the reason for this, wish you all the best with successful and 5 star buyers!

Reply to @webtelly: When a profile picture shows the neck tilted back to a certain degree and that photo is almost certainly a stock photo, Fiverr gives a “next tilt” deficit which causes the forum level to show up slowly.

Ok - that was a total lie. I’m surprised you don’t know, actually, given your forum presence! Badges in the forums tend to take anywhere from a few hours to a few days or even longer to show up. My own showed as level 1 for almost 4 weeks after I hit level 2. This is due to the fact that most technologies on Fiverr do “kind of” work, many even work almost as intended, but most do not work exactly as intended.

Archived