Logo Questions

tydust88

Hi, I am new to this website. I have no idea if this is even the right discussion for this category but I am desperate right now for a answer to my questions. So here is my two cents.

I doodle a lot. So I was just free drawing one day and I drew something that I really liked. This design could be a logo for a professional sports team. It fits the professional sports team. I understand that it is a long shot, but how can I present this logo/design to a large multi-billion dollar company. Do I need to patent my design? Do I need to redraw it in color or put it on a computer graphic program? It is on one page of many in a doodle journal I have. Who do I speak too or email? I’m very curious about how I can go about this. Personally, I think it is a great logo, and I am scared that I could go about this the wrong way, and my logo gets taken/stolen from me somehow.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t really work that way. Usually, large multi-billion dollar professional sports teams either have their own in-house artists, or they contact design agencies when they want to re-brand their images. Your idea might be a fantastic idea, but without a team actually looking for a new logo, there really isn’t anything you can do.

Keep your drawing, though. Copyright law says it belongs to you the minute you draw it on paper. You have automatic copyrights to your drawing. Perhaps, someone in the future, if a major sports team holds a fan contest for a new logo, you can submit your drawing as a possibility. 🙂

Hi tydust88,

I suggest that you do anything you can to get your work seen. If it’s really good you never know where that little doodle can take you. Try the things you suggested and see what happens.

Sometimes it may be the best approach to go against the tide and do the opposite that everyone else is doing. You never know what can happen. And if you try and fail, at least you tried.

Best of luck to you!

Archived