How do I change my display name?

wfcttapflg3bkwh

Question

5 answers to this question

3 hours ago, wfcttapflg3bkwh said:

My display name or login name showed up as "wfcttapflg3bkwh". How do I change this display name?

Changing your display name is easy. You'd select the pencil icon on the right side of it in that screenshot.

The problem is that your username is wfcttapflg3bkwh (what you want to change) and your display name is Chong L.

While the display name can easily be changed, the username can't be changed. If you want to change that then you'd need to close the account and then start a new one (though read fully the help page about it first as you'd need to do certain things if you want to keep the current email address etc - like changing the current email of this account before closing it.).

See this help page: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010140217-How-do-I-change-my-email-or-username

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, uk1000 said:

Changing your display name is easy. You'd select the pencil icon on the right side of it in that screenshot.

The problem is that your username is wfcttapflg3bkwh (what you want to change) and your display name is Chong L.

While the display name can easily be changed, the username can't be changed. If you want to change that then you'd need to close the account and then start a new one (though read fully the help page about it first as you'd need to do certain things if you want to keep the current email address etc - like changing the current email of this account before closing it.).

See this help page: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010140217-How-do-I-change-my-email-or-username

Thanks! I can see that I can easily change the display with the pencil as you've mentioned. However, I think you're right that changing the user name may not be possible. I was wondering if Fiverr's support may be able to do so. And no, I don't want to create a whole new profile.

• Like 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, wfcttapflg3bkwh said:

I think you're right that changing the user name may not be possible. I was wondering if Fiverr's support may be able to do so. And no, I don't want to create a whole new profile.

You could contact them at the help desk and ask them, but I doubt it's possible with their current system. That will be why the help page(s) don't say a way other than closing one account and creating a new one.

While they could restructure their database to allow it, the current structure probably doesn't allow for it, probably so they don't have people changing their username a lot (which they might think could cause issues with display of reviews or contacting other users (though they could still keep a history of the username changes and show that to users on the site - so people wouldn't' get confused by the different usernames).

Edited by uk1000
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, uk1000 said:

👍

• Like 1