Account was hacked, now stuck in Restricted!!

So i fell victim to hackers like others here, yesterday i noticed through the Fiverr app, that my account was sending DM's to people, i also noticed my nickname was changed and my logo. I was still in time to notice that my account was compromised, i quickly changed my password and transferred any funds to my Paypal account just to be sure it was safe... Now my account has been restricted by Fiverr stating there was something shady going on with my account and that it violated the TOS. 15 hours later, still hear nothing, i luckily was between orders, but i can't do anything right now. I have asked for support (ticket #11959198). But seeing that is basically run automatically with A.I. I have no hope this will be recovered sadly.

Edited by necramedia
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, necramedia said:

So i fell victim to hackers like others here, yesterday i noticed through the Fiverr app, that my account was sending DM's to people, i also noticed my nickname was changed and my logo. I was still in time to notice that my account was compromised, i quickly changed my password and transferred any funds to my Paypal account just to be sure it was safe... Now my account has been restricted by Fiverr stating there was something shady going on with my account and that it violated the TOS. 15 hours later, still hear nothing, i luckily was between orders, but i can't do anything right now. I have asked for support (ticket #11959198). But seeing that is basically run automatically with A.I. I have no hope this will be recovered sadly.

I think you have to contact Fiverr support team manually and explain everything clearly. They will love to help you @Lena mam

• Like 4
  • Up 2

5 hours ago, necramedia said:

So i fell victim to hackers like others here, yesterday i noticed through the Fiverr app, that my account was sending DM's to people, i also noticed my nickname was changed and my logo. I was still in time to notice that my account was compromised, i quickly changed my password and transferred any funds to my Paypal account just to be sure it was safe... 

Your account got compromised which is why Fiverr has restricted your account temporarily. So stay calm and cool.

Wait for the response from Fiverr Support. They are (may be) investigating your account/case so it will take time. Also, they will ask you some questions for verification purpose, your answers should be accurate ones (right).

Edit: No need to create new tickets on the same issue. Use the same ticket for this purpose.

Edited by smartdezigns
Additional Content
  • Like 5
  • Up 3

59 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Your account got compromised which is why Fiverr has restricted your account temporarily. So stay calm and cool.

Wait for the response from Fiverr Support. They are (may be) investigating your account/case so it will take time. Also, they will ask you some questions for verification purpose, your answers should be accurate ones (right).

Edit: No need to create new tickets on the same issue. Use the same ticket for this purpose.

Here is same problem(by the same reason), I am trying to stay calm and waiting.

Have a great day

• Like 4
  • Support 1

I've been noticing an increase in posts about hacked accounts lately, and it got me thinking about how this is happening. For instance, I have two-factor authentication (2FA) enabled. Even if someone manages to crack my strong password, they would still need to enter a code sent to my email or phone.

Let's consider they also hacked my email account, which has its own strong password and 2FA. They would still need to receive a code on my phone to gain access. So, I am genuinely puzzled by the rising number of hacked accounts.

If your account has been hacked, I highly recommend reaching out to Fiverr support immediately and waiting for their assistance.

I also recommend don't open suspicious links, don't scan QR codes, make sure you are on fiverr.com on your browser and your security measures are up-to-date.

• Like 3
  • Support 2

1 hour ago, kokoha said:

I've been noticing an increase in posts about hacked accounts lately, and it got me thinking about how this is happening. For instance, I have two-factor authentication (2FA) enabled. Even if someone manages to crack my strong password, they would still need to enter a code sent to my email or phone.

A lot of people expect to make money online and they don't take even the simplest precautions when it comes to online safety. Fiverr already added some account security tips and ideas, but I am sure a lot of people overlook that and don't protect their account. They use the same email and address everywhere. 

Why not create a new email address just for Fiverr, not save your passwords in the browser, not open any random email and download their attachments, see where it comes from, etc. These are simple things that pertain to online safety.. 

• Like 4
  • Up 8

12 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

A lot of people expect to make money online and they don't take even the simplest precautions when it comes to online safety. Fiverr already added some account security tips and ideas, but I am sure a lot of people overlook that and don't protect their account. They use the same email and address everywhere. 

Why not create a new email address just for Fiverr, not save your passwords in the browser, not open any random email and download their attachments, see where it comes from, etc. These are simple things that pertain to online safety.. 

I did all of that, used email from my business, fresh new password i only ever saved in my own head not a browser, all the security measures Fiverr has to offer, i dont click on random links in emails and sure as hell dont download attachments, i got a special firewall installed. And they STILL found a way in. Don't make this seem like this is our fault for getting hacked, but a weakness somewhere in Fiverr's security.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, necramedia said:

This is something i learned from my brother who is a police officer, if people want to break in, they will find a way.

To the same extent, if people want to protect themselves, they can. Not talking about you specifically, in general, because there are tons of people who don't even apply the basic online security tips, then they wonder why they got hacked. 

• Like 3
  • Support 1

update, i found out checking Fiverr's Support X account, that the support dm system has issues, but i contacted Fiverr directly using support@fiverr.com, i send them an email and now i finally got a response.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, necramedia said:

update, i found out checking Fiverr's Support X account, that the support dm system has issues, but i contacted Fiverr directly using support@fiverr.com, i send them an email and now i finally got a response.

Thanks for the update 

• Like 3

On 8/3/2024 at 11:15 PM, donnovan86 said:

Then everyone would be hacked. 

The guy is absolutely right. I’ve followed all the recommended precautions, I have 2FA enabled, never save passwords in the browser, and avoid suspicious links or emails. I also understand the technical side of things, the risks associated with cookies, XSS attacks, and other potential threats.

Despite all this, my account was still hacked 5 days ago without any action or negligence on my part. It was a complete shock, as I believed I was fully protected.
Believe it or not, my account was disconnected right after I received a password reset email. Thankfully, I was able to restore it after contacting Fiverr support, but I still don’t understand how it happened.

• Like 3

On 8/6/2024 at 9:51 AM, necramedia said:

Hey there any update?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Nothing much, only got the standard questions to do a virus scan (as i already did), the last 4 digits of my phone number used for my account and the answer to my security question, but whoever got into my account changed that somehow or managed to reset it, i think this is how they can get into our accounts. So i'm still waiting on a reply.

Edited by necramedia
  • Like 2