No messages from new customers from this Monday

Hello everyone, I have been a seller on Fiverr for over seven years. Throughout my career, I have completed around 2,500 orders and have about 1,100 reviews on my main business planning service, with an average rating of 4.985. So, I'm not new to this. However, starting from Monday of this week, I haven't received any messages from new clients, only from old ones, which has alarmed me. Checking the business planning category through a browser in incognito mode, I still see my service on the front page, but it seems that since Monday it hasn't been attracting any new potential buyers. Is something similar happening to you? Is it just my paranoia? Could it be the holidays? Additionally, checking multiple times a day in incognito mode from a smartphone browser, I have never seen my service among the sponsored ones, even though I have set a cap of up to $50 per day.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, ageuroconsultin said:

Hello everyone, I have been a seller on Fiverr for over seven years. Throughout my career, I have completed around 2,500 orders and have about 1,100 reviews on my main business planning service, with an average rating of 4.985. So, I'm not new to this. However, starting from Monday of this week, I haven't received any messages from new clients, only from old ones, which has alarmed me. Checking the business planning category through a browser in incognito mode, I still see my service on the front page, but it seems that since Monday it hasn't been attracting any new potential buyers. Is something similar happening to you? Is it just my paranoia? Could it be the holidays? Additionally, checking multiple times a day in incognito mode from a smartphone browser, I have never seen my service among the sponsored ones, even though I have set a cap of up to $50 per day.

yeah it happens because sometimes buyers are super busy

so you can work on other projects or learn new things

Have a great day

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, ageuroconsultin said:

Very similar situation to you but been going on for longer.  How are your impressions doing?

• Like 1

I think i saw your thread on Reddit.

Im in similiar situation, but like @johnparsons01 experienced. Mine already been like this since the new success score update (at the start of this year). I get one or two new buyer, but its usually from promoted gig and its rare. 

My impression is getting lower and lower, and im very concerned that my time with Fiverr are numbered.

• Like 2

@ageuroconsultin, You are on the second page for me in Business Plans.

Your impressions must be fine.

However, I believe that most clients use the search feature. They don't navigate through the menu.

Sometimes we receive 5 messages per hour, others, 1 message per day.

As for promoted gigs, there is a chance that higher level sellers are picked before you. Check the impressions and, you will see if it is working.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Spyros.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ageuroconsultin said:

My impressions are pretty good! I haven't seen a great deterioration! Even by searching directly, I can clearly see my gig between the first page, but no messages

Yes, last few days have been complete radio silence. But I received an order last night. 

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Yes, last few days have been complete radio silence. But I received an order last night. 

It's been the opposite for me for once! I had 10 spam messages (well, 12 counting sellers asking for work I think) and a good few actual potential clients. Up until now it's been not so busy though so I might have just gotten lucky. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, katakatica said:

It's been the opposite for me for once! I had 10 spam messages (well, 12 counting sellers asking for work I think) and a good few actual potential clients. Up until now it's been not so busy though so I might have just gotten lucky. 

May be the fabled spam is ushering in genuine clients too. 🙈😂

I got neither. 

1 hour ago, priyank_mod said:

May be the fabled spam is ushering in genuine clients too. 🙈😂

I got neither. 

I mean engagement is supposed to be good for your account, I guess...?

What I have noticed is that the layout of profiles seems to have changed a bit again (in preparation for professions I guess?) so maybe the algorithm is being shifted as well?

(I'm honestly just glad. Last year I lost all work for months after going on vacation so comming back from unofficial vacation and having something to do is nice.)

• Like 1

Hello and thank you all for the responses. Here’s an update. I also contacted the platform’s support center, and they said everything is fine with my service, nothing unusual. However, the fact remains that it’s been four days now since I received any messages from the new client. This has never happened in several years of my career on the platform, except when I set myself to out of office Mode. And even then, it had never happened for such a long consecutive period. I sincerely hope it’s just because of the holiday season, or perhaps Fiverr is making some changes. Also, as I mentioned, my business planning service appears on the service list or when searching for keywords anonymously, and it’s among the first results in my case!

• Up 1

1 hour ago, ageuroconsultin said:

This has never happened in several years of my career on the platform, except when I set myself to out of office Mode.

I've been here on Fiverr for 10 years so I can share my perspective. 

It's mid-summer, people are in vacation, and your niche in particular, few people want to create a business right now.

Also, there are less buyers on the platform. It's normal to not receive a message from new clients for a week. I had weeks without new clients, and it was still ok. That being said, in your case I think the bad review from a few months ago combined with a newer 4 star review (and this might have a negative private review attached to it) might end up being a problem. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I've been here on Fiverr for 10 years so I can share my perspective. 

It's mid-summer, people are in vacation, and your niche in particular, few people want to create a business right now.

Also, there are less buyers on the platform. It's normal to not receive a message from new clients for a week. I had weeks without new clients, and it was still ok. That being said, in your case I think the bad review from a few months ago combined with a newer 4 star review (and this might have a negative private review attached to it) might end up being a problem. 

Thank you for your very important feedback. Anyway, apart from the recent 4-star review I received, all the others have been 5 stars. And, in the vast majority of cases, they also mentioned leaving positive private feedback, even though I hadn't explicitly requested it, as it clearly goes against the platform's terms and conditions. Therefore, I hope this slight drop is indeed due to the summer period, especially since, as I mentioned, the impressions and clicks have not collapsed.

2 hours ago, ageuroconsultin said:

And, in the vast majority of cases, they also mentioned leaving positive private feedback, even though I hadn't explicitly requested it, as it clearly goes against the platform's terms and conditions.

It's fine if you ask customers to leave private feedback. What's not ok is to ask them for positive private feedback, that's feedback manipulation. But if you just tell people to fill the private feedback form, that's fine. Same with public feedback. 

• Like 1