There are not many orders to see on Fiverr.

Hey folks,

I make music on fiverr as a hobby. I don't take many orders because I do it as a hobby. But I look for gigs on fiverr from time to time to get some inspiration. 

After a while, when I did that, one thing I noticed was that there were fewer orders for music and audio gigs than before. I used to see at least one order for the gigs I was looking for. But now many gigs don't even have a single order. 

Is there any truth to what I saw? Do you feel less orders than usual? If you feel that way, what could be the reason?

Thanks in advanced!

On 7/11/2024 at 10:58 PM, soulofmusic95 said:

After a while, when I did that, one thing I noticed was that there were fewer orders for music and audio gigs than before. I used to see at least one order for the gigs I was looking for. But now many gigs don't even have a single order. 

When you say "than before", what timeframe are you referencing? A few months ago? A few years ago?

There's the advent of AI. There's the notable decrease in the number of overall Buyers on the platform, as noted here. There's been a huge surge in phishing scam/spam messages that is driving users away (both Buyers and Sellers). There's also more ephemeral things like loss of goodwill and general global drop in consumer confidence

• Like 2
  • Up 2
  • Insightful 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2024 at 9:07 AM, simonjonesmusic said:

I've been selling music/audio services on Fiverr for a few years, up until Nov/Dec 2023 I had a constant daily flow of enquiries and orders. Since then it has dropped off substantially, around 5-10% of where it was.

I've noticed a significant shift beginning in Nov/Dec of 2023, too, for voice over work. I still don't know if my gigs were/are being indexed right, however. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

I've noticed a significant shift beginning in Nov/Dec of 2023, too, for voice over work. I still don't know if my gigs were/are being indexed right, however. 

I saw some drop in my niche (mechanical engineering) from Oct or Nov too. I thought, I am the only one who receive a few orders. But when I still see my gig in the 1st page since now. So, I feel releaved 😁😁

• Like 5

I have the same situation. Since 2024, there are a lot less orders than before, most likely because there are also a lot less buyers than in the past.
In August 2023, I had 48 active orders at one point.
It is now August 2024 and I only have 27 active orders.
My income has fortunately not dropped. I am processing about the same number of orders per month as in 2023, but the queue of active orders has shrunk.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been here for about two years and I've noticed that orders come in very strangely, as if someone opens a door and they start pouring in several at a time, but after a short period this door is closed and there is not a single order for many months. This is very strange and gives the feeling that you are excluded from the list, making you invisible to customers.