Extension needs a limit or something

I've been a freelancer for three years now, and even since review extension feature got implemented, it became very difficult for me to close the order because seller keeps extending review period by 5 additional days. For example, the order that typically takes no more than two weeks is now taking more than a month to close because some buyers basically keep extending it. I'm doing my best to satisfy the client 100% at this point (already met all deliverable requirements but they keep extending for small things) I think there needs to be at least some form of # of limits to extensions or something. 

• Like 11
  • Up 5

Posted (edited)

I totally second this. This affects me personally schedule wise more than anything.

When accepting to take a project, and set a, let's say 1 week deadline, I calculate that it should be closed in a maximum of 2 weeks, including any eventual revisions or extras required by the customer. It's pretty schedule breaking to plan your downtimes, weekends, holidays in advance and then see yourself in the situation where the customer requires modifications even weeks later, interfering with your personal schedule.

I would love to know there is a limit, even if it's a 1 month limit, so I can accurately plan my "out of studio" days. 

Edited by hzsmith
  • Like 8

@josh_oh @hzsmith This is great feedback so I thank you all for sharing.  I’ll be sure to pass this along to the rest of the team for consideration as we continue to brainstorm ways to improve the Fiverr experience for all. 

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

It is my understanding that there are no limits to how many times a buyer can extend the order review period. On two occasions I've had buyers extend orders for weeks without saying anything to me. At some point I think there needs to be a limit to this so that the buyer has to make a decision at some point as to whether they want to accept the order or ask for revisions. Just like as a seller I have a certain obligation to do things in a timely manner, the buyer should be expected to do this to an extent as well. Its not fair if a person just decides they haven't gotten around to reviewing something or need more time, and I have no recourse or anything to stop someone from intentionally dragging their feet. I don't mind the feature in and of it self, but they should only be able to use it 2-3x max. 

• Like 4
  • Up 3

16 minutes ago, kholland65 said:

there are no limits to how many times a buyer can extend the order

I don't remember exactly (if I'm no wrong) the buyer can extend 3 times based on the order deadline. If your delivery is 5 days they can extend it in total 15 days. Some sad facts 🤬

- I had one buyer who extended the review every day, he came just to extend it.

- Buyers are extending the review right after the delivery, giving them more than 1 week to review the orders.

- Buyers are extending the review for several days and requesting a revision, this loop allow buyers to keep the order pending for more than 1 month.

- Fiverr don't care, the money is already with them, while you: you can be there with your order for months.

There's a lot of abuse in this function and was reported since the beginning.

Buyers must be allowed to extend the review in maximum 1 Week!

@Kesha

• Like 7
  • Up 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2024 at 2:15 AM, Kesha said:

@josh_oh @hzsmith This is great feedback so I thank you all for sharing.  I’ll be sure to pass this along to the rest of the team for consideration as we continue to brainstorm ways to improve the Fiverr experience for all. 

Though payment is cleared after 14 days, it should take 1 week to extend .

• Like 1

On 7/4/2024 at 1:49 AM, josh_oh said:

I've been a freelancer for three years now, and even since review extension feature got implemented, it became very difficult for me to close the order because seller keeps extending review period by 5 additional days. For example, the order that typically takes no more than two weeks is now taking more than a month to close because some buyers basically keep extending it. I'm doing my best to satisfy the client 100% at this point (already met all deliverable requirements but they keep extending for small things) I think there needs to be at least some form of # of limits to extensions or something. 

Agree fully. Going through this too. Little to no feedback from the client. A small modification that I easily fixed and now just extension after extension. 

• Like 1