Just wanted to state that I too have no control over my Fiverr Success score.

sarco2000

Question

I don't expect any help or answers here, just expressing my frustration with this cryptic success system. 

Been selling since 2015, with over 2,400 orders completed and over $100k in revenue. 98% 5-star reviews, three 1-star reviews with the latest being 10 months ago (on an order that was CANCELLED because the buyer had the wrong expectation of the gig and somehow was still able to leave a bad review even though I did no work for them) and the previous two 1-star reviews being over 4 years ago. Some people will never be satisfied I guess.

Anyway with the new level system I did start out at 0 level because I had been ignoring my gig for awhile, but now I am level 2 again and my Success Score is 8. I have no idea why. 

I have 2 gigs. My main gig has a Success Score of 8 with Client satisfaction having a NEGATIVE IMPACT, the other 2 areas are Positive Impact. I have no idea why the negative impact.

The other gig doesn't get nearly as many orders, and it has a Success Score of 9 with Client satisfaction having a STRONG NEGATIVE IMPACT; the other 2 areas are Positive Impact.

Looking at the success stats on the 2 gigs, you would think the 2nd gig would have a lower score than the first one but the OPPOSITE is true. 

How are we supposed to improve our scores when nothing makes any sense? It is totally random and I guess you just have to hope for the best. Which is no way to run a business. I am at level 2 now and my gig appears on the first page of its category, but for how long? 

How long until some random unknown secret thing drops me down to level 0 again?

• Like 3

7 answers to this question

Fully agree, this new success score system is the worst thing Fiverr ever did.

They always come with the excuse explanation of 'to improve transparency'... Which transparency exactly? It makes no sense. There is no transparency for us users!

There is some secret formula Fiverr uses to somehow calculate a 'success score'. There is no transparency if we don't know what exactly affects that score.

All the help docs, the FAQ, all the customer support replies, are all extremely vague and generalized.

I was at level 2 for a long time. Shortly after this new system was introduced, I'm now down on level 1.

I have 60+ orders, all 5 star and one 4.7 star. There are no conflicts, no issues, no trouble, nothing. Even if a client mistakenly ordered a gig and I then explain that that's not exactly what I do or if the client had other expectations, we cancel the order on a mutual agreement. There has never been a conflict.

Yet, suddenly Fiverr deems that some of my gigs have 'strong negative impact' because of this or that factor. No explanation, no transparency. This whole system makes absolutely no sense. It's not professional, it doesn't help anyone.

Going through this forum makes it very clear that I'm by far not the only one and that most of us don't like (i.e. absolutely hate) this new 'system'.

• Like 1

Exactly... And the "explanation" on how to improve is then:

Client satisfaction is an important component of the success score. High client satisfaction means that your order processes and delivery themselves align with clients’ instructions and meet—or exceed—their expectations. Client satisfaction is determined by a variety of indicators such as the order rating score, which is based on clients’ feedback following order completion, and also considers the absence of any events that point to negative experiences on the client side.

Which variety of indicators?

Which rating score?

Which feedback following which order completion?

Which absence of which events?

I've worked in project management for over two decades, so I know a thing or two about effective and efficient communication with internal and external stakeholders, clients, suppliers, other departments, superiors, management, etc.

We can only act on a problem if we clearly know what the issue is, or how to identify it in the first place. All this wishy-washy over-generalized information from Fiverr does not help us pinpoint the actual problem or factor that we need to address so that we as sellers, as freelancers can act on it and improve. We can't improve if we don't know what exactly the issue is. It makes no sense.

Again, Fiverr, this success score system is the exact opposite of 'transparent' for us. It's lacking transparency and it's unprofessional, which makes it useless.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2024 at 3:34 AM, meisatei said:

I've worked in project management for over two decades, so I know a thing or two about effective and efficient communication with internal and external stakeholders, clients, suppliers, other departments, superiors, management, etc.

I was a PMP certified project manager for a military contractor. I was the lead PM on a $6.8 million US Navy contract in Japan. I figure I should be able to handle this too, but there are no precise guidelines!

FYI that job was a good income but I chose to live a life with less stress, lol Now I live in Montana, literally in the National Forest in a cabin I built, off grid!