Fiverr promoted Gigs - request for advice

desmond_aubery

I'd like to know more about the Fiverr promoted Gigs option:

• How does this work?
  • Rough estimate of costs?
    • I can't find a table of costs
  • How effective is this promotion mechanism?

I'd be very grateful for advice and experiences from fellow Fiverr sellers. Thank you very much for your time.

• Like 6

Hi!

• How does this work?

You set yourself a maximum bid for one click on the desired Gig, and a maximum budget per day. If you then search your gig on incognito mode, you'll see that it will appear sometimes as "Promoted" in key areas of the search page (top, middle, bottom). When people click on your gig, you pay an ammount that is set to be the maximum you've chosen on the previous step (maximum ammount for bidding). It's not always the maximum, since you're competing with others that might have their bid lower than your maximum, so you might pay once 1/6 of your maximum bid, and other times your full maximum bid. You'll never pay more than your maximum bid for one click. 

After one month, you will recieve an invoice for promoted gig costs, and it will be automatically substracted from your Fiverr's balance. If your balance is at 0, you will have a negative balance and the cost will be substracted from your future earnings.

This is highly variable regarding how many gigs you're promoting, and what's your top bidding and budget for a day. For example, my statistics look as follows for the past year:  Impressions: 49.000, Clicks: 2.600, Orders: 87, Ammount Spent: 980$, Sales: 6.000$. My daily budget was always somewhere between 10 and 15$/day, with days that were fully depleted before evening, and days where only 1/10 of my budget was spent. Keep in mind that there're months when I've sold over 10-12 orders from promoted gigs, and others where none came and I was bleeding the money. But overall, it worked quite good for me.

Again, it really deppends on your market, and overall your bids and daily budget. The great fact is that you pay only when someone clicks your gig, but that still doesn't mean the person that's clicking, will order. For me, it was quite effective, and based on the above mentioned statistics, I've spent 1k to earn 6k, so at the end of the day, I was with a rough 5k income only from promoted orders. It could've been better, since from 2.600 clicks I've got only 87 orders. If you're willing to go for promoted gigs, make sure your gigs are highly convertible. You don't want people to click on your gig because you have a nice thumbnail, pay the click, and then be thrown off by your packages or description. So first step, I would say, is to make sure that you can maximize the conversion rate of clicks that are turning into orders. I've learnt this the hard way.

Edited by hzsmith
  • Like 5
  • Up 4

15 hours ago, hzsmith said:

Hi!

• How does this work?

You set yourself a maximum bid for one click on the desired Gig, and a maximum budget per day. If you then search your gig on incognito mode, you'll see that it will appear sometimes as "Promoted" in key areas of the search page (top, middle, bottom). When people click on your gig, you pay an ammount that is set to be the maximum you've chosen on the previous step (maximum ammount for bidding). It's not always the maximum, since you're competing with others that might have their bid lower than your maximum, so you might pay once 1/6 of your maximum bid, and other times your full maximum bid. You'll never pay more than your maximum bid for one click. 

After one month, you will recieve an invoice for promoted gig costs, and it will be automatically substracted from your Fiverr's balance. If your balance is at 0, you will have a negative balance and the cost will be substracted from your future earnings.

This is highly variable regarding how many gigs you're promoting, and what's your top bidding and budget for a day. For example, my statistics look as follows for the past year:  Impressions: 49.000, Clicks: 2.600, Orders: 87, Ammount Spent: 980$, Sales: 6.000$. My daily budget was always somewhere between 10 and 15$/day, with days that were fully depleted before evening, and days where only 1/10 of my budget was spent. Keep in mind that there're months when I've sold over 10-12 orders from promoted gigs, and others where none came and I was bleeding the money. But overall, it worked quite good for me.

Again, it really deppends on your market, and overall your bids and daily budget. The great fact is that you pay only when someone clicks your gig, but that still doesn't mean the person that's clicking, will order. For me, it was quite effective, and based on the above mentioned statistics, I've spent 1k to earn 6k, so at the end of the day, I was with a rough 5k income only from promoted orders. It could've been better, since from 2.600 clicks I've got only 87 orders. If you're willing to go for promoted gigs, make sure your gigs are highly convertible. You don't want people to click on your gig because you have a nice thumbnail, pay the click, and then be thrown off by your packages or description. So first step, I would say, is to make sure that you can maximize the conversion rate of clicks that are turning into orders. I've learnt this the hard way.

^ Thank you very much for your incredible and very complete reply. An absolute goldmine of useful information. 🙏😊

My biggest question mark about effectiveness is that my field is reasonably rarefied. I promote a lot directly, and also include links in my email signature.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, desmond_aubery said:

My biggest question mark about effectiveness is that my field is reasonably rarefied. I promote a lot directly, and also include links in my email signature.

What I would do, is search the relevant keywords (that you're using for your Gig) in incognito mode, and see how many competitors are there, and how many times I can see the same "promoted" mark on the same Gig in the first page, when refreshing the page like 4-5 times. Like that you can identify how many people from your field are promoting their Gigs on Fiverr, and which one seems to be the highest bidder.

Also, if I may ask, around how many daily impressions are you getting on the Gig you're looking to promote? For example, the majority of my Gigs sit at around 200-250 impressions/day, but one in slightly different category sits at around 600/day. From this I take the conclusion that one of the fields is much more in demand than the other ones, at least here on Fiverr (note that I appear in the first page with both when searching). 

Anyhow, If I were you, I'd give it a try for a week. Promote with a small bid and a small daily budget for a week, and basically empirically find if it's worth or not. At a 5$/day cap, in worst case you loose 35$ in a week. It's not the end of the world, but then you'd be at least familiarized with how it works and maybe someone will order! A method I use to see the effectivenes of the promoted Gigs is that I filter to see the data for only 1 day (you can select to see the results on the calendar in the promoted gigs window).

• Like 5

Ensure your gig is well-optimized with clear, keyword-rich titles and descriptions. Maintain high ratings and quick response times. Use high-quality visuals, set competitive prices, and engage with customer queries. Request feedback from clients and implement suggestions. Use Fiverr Analytics to track performance and adjust strategies.

• Like 2

@desmond_aubery Promoted gigs is a useful feature that increases the traffic to your gigs. I personally have an average of 10 times of what I spend on it.

Since we are talking about promotions and marketing. Are you open to some feedback?

You may want to upgrade your gig video. The audio is distorted and noisy, and the presentation is not in a professional environment.

And also, I see that you mention your website in the description, which I was unable to open.

Important: Fiverr prohibits the exchange of personal contact information and, posting your business website is against the ToS unless it is whitelisted and points back to Fiverr. This can bag you a warning. There is a list of approved URLs for portfolios which you can find here: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011421218-Gig-policies

Warm regards,

Spyros.

• Like 1
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, sunboatrecords said:

@desmond_aubery Promoted gigs is a useful feature that increases the traffic to your gigs. I personally have an average of 10 times of what I spend on it.

Since we are talking about promotions and marketing. Are you open to some feedback?

You may want to upgrade your gig video. The audio is distorted and noisy, and the presentation is not in a professional environment.

And also, I see that you mention your website in the description, which I was unable to open.

Important: Fiverr prohibits the exchange of personal contact information and, posting your business website is against the ToS unless it is whitelisted and points back to Fiverr. This can bag you a warning. There is a list of approved URLs for portfolios which you can find here: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011421218-Gig-policies

Warm regards,

Spyros.

@sunboatrecords Thanks very much for your wisdom and advice. Your comments are very well received.
I've been working with AI on SEO for the past few hours on my Gigs, so you probably saw the older versions. They're now hopefully a lot more streamlined. I ditched the video - it was an early edition and no harm was meant - put it down to a Newbie mistake. The fact that it comes up first, instead of the pictures, never sat well with me. I figured out how to reduce noise on my later videos but never got around to re-doing that Gig video. (Engineers, oddly-enough, often work in far worse circumstances - most often far from what most would consider professional, I guess. Lol.)  

I do have a Fiverr 'button' on my website for my Fiverr Gigs - it points directly back to Fiverr. Thanks very much for the link to Fiverr policies - very useful. 

If you have time, I'd really value your thoughts on the newly-revised Gigs.  😊 🙏

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hzsmith said:

What I would do, is search the relevant keywords (that you're using for your Gig) in incognito mode, and see how many competitors are there, and how many times I can see the same "promoted" mark on the same Gig in the first page, when refreshing the page like 4-5 times. Like that you can identify how many people from your field are promoting their Gigs on Fiverr, and which one seems to be the highest bidder.

Also, if I may ask, around how many daily impressions are you getting on the Gig you're looking to promote? For example, the majority of my Gigs sit at around 200-250 impressions/day, but one in slightly different category sits at around 600/day. From this I take the conclusion that one of the fields is much more in demand than the other ones, at least here on Fiverr (note that I appear in the first page with both when searching). 

Anyhow, If I were you, I'd give it a try for a week. Promote with a small bid and a small daily budget for a week, and basically empirically find if it's worth or not. At a 5$/day cap, in worst case you loose 35$ in a week. It's not the end of the world, but then you'd be at least familiarized with how it works and maybe someone will order! A method I use to see the effectivenes of the promoted Gigs is that I filter to see the data for only 1 day (you can select to see the results on the calendar in the promoted gigs window).

Thank you very much. Excellent advice - very well received.  😊🙏

• Like 2