"Professions" Id verification failed

Hi,

I recently received an invitation from Fiverr to join their new "Profession" feature, and subsequently, my 10-year-old TRS account has been temporarily restricted due to their AI-based verification app. I had already completed the verification process before, so it is puzzling why Fiverr is forcing me to reverify my account for this new "Profession" feature when it was already verified. This restriction has caused me to lose an important client.

In the second week of this month, I attempted the verification process twice, but it failed each time. I used my government-issued driver's license for verification, the same ID I used back in 2021. There appears to be a glitch in Fiverr's verification process. Their AI-based system is failing to match the image on my ID with my selfie, resulting in my account being restricted.

I admit that the selfie and the picture on my ID look slightly different as I am older now, but it is still me.

I am disheartened, and it feels like the new "Profession" feature has cost me my TRS account.

Fiverr should avoid placing restrictions on accounts that have not breached the Terms of Service. The "Profession" feature is new, and it shouldn't negatively impact anyone's profile due to glitches in their app.

Support reached out to me on Tuesday and acknowledged there was a glitch. However, 24 hours after their email, my account was restricted, and now it has been over 24 hours without any further response to my follow-up email.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, atulcodex said:

OMG

So what's next?

I'm patiently awaiting a response from customer support, as I understand the restriction is due to an issue with their verification process. I hope someone from their team will follow up on this thread soon.

• Like 1

Welcome to the group of those affected, this has been a Fiverr problem for about 2 or 3 weeks. They do not recognize their mistake yet and have kept us waiting for several days. There are some people who have already solved their problem but there are others like me who have been waiting for more than 10 days with no response.

The only thing the Fiverr staff says is the following:

- The specialized team is reviewing your case, meanwhile your account will remain restricted.

- You cannot send any proof of identity via CS Ticket.

- The resolution time can take up to 120 days so we ask for your patience while the specialized team continues to review your case.

- Nothing can be done, no manual verifications can be requested because the specialized team is in charge.

They do not give any other kind of response, they have no initiative to help us and the worst thing is that they keep thinking that their system is fine when it clearly is not.

I just encountered this issue, but after I was able to successfully re-verify my account, it was restored my Customer Service. However, they still don't seem to understand that this was part of the "Profession" system, but are acting as though it was my first verification (I've been working on this platform for like, 7 years).

Worse yet, due to the restriction, my account has now been unjustly flagged, removing my Level Two seller status and banning me from using the level system. This means I am losing out on every feature that I earned.

I hate to be the bearer of half bad news, but even if they restore your account, you might find your Seller Level nuked. Additionally, I've heard that flagged accounts are pretty much shadow banned from searches, so the possibilities of new clients organically finding your gigs is basically nil.

What a joke.

Update on this issue:

Support reached out to me after 48 hours and manually approved my ID verification. They restored my account along with all the changes, including the Top Rated badge. Everything will be fully restored within the next 24 hours.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2024 at 4:10 AM, donnovan86 said:

Honestly this makes me think about skipping the Professions feature entirely. Why would I have to worry about the system randomly failing my verification process, and why do I need to be verified again when I was verified years ago... makes no sense to me.

Yes, I was invited 1 month back but have not gone through with it due to these cases. Why such cases occur in simple ID verification is still a mystery.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

27 minutes ago, shahbaz47 said:

@Lena Is this issue resolved? As I have seen a lot of verification failures and I am a little hesitant to go forward with this feature

The first batch of professions was accepted until June 30th so even if you add a profession now, I don't think it will be added in that initial batch. I for one didn't have to verify my account again, because it was verified a few years ago and then it worked without a problem. I saw a lot of people with errors here used their driving license, that might be one of the causes. But who knows. Although even if you had an issue, they did their best to solve it, if you went to support.

2 minutes ago, chronos_1 said:

Yes, I was invited 1 month back but have not gone through with it due to these cases. Why such cases occur in simple ID verification is still a mystery.

I went through the last 2 days or so, and funnily enough as I said, I wasn't even requested to verify my account. I think it's a good addition and an extra way of getting exposure. I don't think it's mandatory for everyone but hey, I'll take more impressions.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Just now, donnovan86 said:

The first batch of professions was accepted until June 30th so even if you add a profession now, I don't think it will be added in that initial batch. I for one didn't have to verify my account again, because it was verified a few years ago and then it worked without a problem. I saw a lot of people with errors here used their driving license, that might be one of the causes. But who knows. Although even if you had an issue, they did their best to solve it, if you went to support.

I went through the last 2 days or so, and funnily enough as I said, I wasn't even requested to verify my account. I think it's a good addition and an extra way of getting exposure. I don't think it's mandatory for everyone but hey, I'll take more impressions.

Looks like they may have made change to it. Do you think I should go for it, I have 0 issues in doing ID verification but a lot of issues in id verification failed due to AI as I know it may eventually get fixed by taking CS route but account could still go down for few days.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, chronos_1 said:

Looks like they may have made change to it. Do you think I should go for it, I have 0 issues in doing ID verification but a lot of issues in id verification failed due to AI as I know it may eventually get fixed by taking CS route but account could still go down for few days.

The verification is done using a third party company and it's not any Fiverr AI or whatever people say. It's nothing to fix. That system they used identifies inconsistencies. I mean, you can try to add the profession, go through steps and at the end you will see if they ask you to verify yourself or not. Me and other people... we were not asked to verify because we were already verified, I assume it also matters when they asked you for verification. But there's no harm in trying. However, it's all up to you, as there is a risk it might find something wrong and you have to go through customer support and repeat the process. Will you take the risk or not? I took it, whether you take it or not, that's up to you!

• Like 3

Hi,

Can anyone help me, please?

A few weeks ago, I received a notification that I had been selected for the "professions" feature.

However, yesterday, when I decided to add a professional, I got a message saying “ID verification required to use this feature.” I attempted to verify my ID by uploading my identification and taking a selfie as required. However, within a couple of minutes, I received a message stating, “Your information did not pass verification.” It also instructed me to contact Customer Support within 14 days to avoid restrictions on my account.

I contacted Fiverr’s customer support team under ticket #11865652, and they informed me that the relevant team would review my case and provide an update soon. After a few hours, I received an email from customer support stating, “After reviewing your case, we regret to inform you that we are unable to grant an additional attempt.”

I replied to their email, explaining that I have been working on Fiverr for the past eight years, have a good track record, and have completed over 1300 projects with great reviews. I am also a Seller Plus member. However, a few hours later, I received a response saying, “This was already reviewed by our relevant team, and we are unable to change this decision. We will not be able to assist you with further verification.”

Can anyone help me understand what I need to do next to verify my ID and avoid restrictions on my Fiverr account?

Thank you

• Like 1

I tried to contact customer support, but they still tell me they can't grant me another attempt for verification. I even told them that I am willing to do a video call or provide any additional documents needed. I am a genuine person who has been working exclusively on Fiverr for the past eight years, and this is my genuine profile ID. I have many permanent clients and consistently deliver work for them. I have not committed any violations or made any mistakes.

This is a very difficult situation. We work on Fiverr day and night, and after 8 years of hard work, we finally reached a top position. Now, we are facing this issue, and it is causing us to lose our standing.

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. I contacted customer support under ticket #11865652, but they replied that they couldn't grant me another attempt at the verification process. I tried to convince them, but they kept giving me the same answer. Could you please help me?

Edited by tahirmajeed
the ticket number was wrong.
  • Like 1
  • Up 1

Updates!!

Fiverr customer support is doing their best to resolve my request, and we have been in contact since yesterday. However, I have attempted the verification process twice, uploading my clear ID card and a selfie, but unfortunately, my information was not accepted.

A few years ago, I successfully passed the verification process with my old ID card design and format. Since then, our government has changed the ID card design and format, although all the information, including my name and ID number, remains the same. This might be the reason for the issue, but I'm not entirely sure.

I am feeling quite unwell because of this situation. I have struggled for 8 years to get my profile to the top, and I am afraid of the potential consequences. But after all, I am feeling a bit better because Fiverr customer support is trying to resolve my issue.

On 7/15/2024 at 5:53 AM, tahirmajeed said:

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. I contacted customer support under ticket #11865652, but they replied that they couldn't grant me another attempt at the verification process. I tried to convince them, but they kept giving me the same answer. Could you please help me?

Haven't you mentioned that it was a problem verifying you for Professions?

In any case, they should have escalated the issue to the corresponding area, I struggled for 2 weeks every day demanding the exhaustive review until they finally referred me to a supervisor, I hope you have luck.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

jhordanpadilla I have clearly communicated the issue to the theme, and Fiverr customer support is actively working to resolve my request. We have been in contact since yesterday. Despite uploading my clear ID card and a selfie twice for verification, my information was unfortunately not accepted. Let's see what happens next.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

On 6/28/2024 at 7:23 PM, waleedview said:

Update on this issue:

Support reached out to me after 48 hours and manually approved my ID verification. They restored my account along with all the changes, including the Top Rated badge. Everything will be fully restored within the next 24 hours.

Did your account benefits got restored as well?

Same thing happened with me as well, I am working on fiverr rom last +3 years and I completely trust fiverr entirely. I also got invitation of fiverr new feature called "Profession" and I am really so exited about trying out this feature but when I go and try to create it, it's ask me for verifying my ID which was annoying for me but still I trust fiverr and I am authentic freelancer, I do have my ID so tried to verify my ID but it's failed due to which I also get message that my fiverr profile will be restricted if I did not verify within 14 days and I was so depressed because I remember days when I really worked 18-20 hours a days on fiverr projects.

Just because of AI software my ID did not verified in second attempt I try to verify my second ID and literally this time I wear same clothes as my ID and again without no reason my ID still failed to verify in second attempt, not sure why it's happening.

I kindly request to fiverr support to verify my ID manually by a human because AI software can not verify my ID with no reason. I have authentic ID with me not sure why it's happening, please help me.

• Up 1

On 6/25/2024 at 4:49 AM, jhordanpadilla said:

I am very happy for you, unfortunately in my case I am still without any answer, no help, the support keeps answering me automatically, I am really exhausted, frustrated and sad with all this.

It seems like your account is restored now. I am also happy for you.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

On 6/25/2024 at 10:55 PM, mas_gamez said:

@sunnykingkoh congratulations, this time manual verification ? or you go again in Profession and verify again with selfie ? 

It was the same automatic process as before. But this time it went smoothly without any technical errors.

• Up 1

Hey guys, I am also having an issue with my verification. The ID went through successfully but when they said now take a selfie to verify and I try it keeps saying no access to camera even though I have given all permissions. This is the last step to publish my gig and it's stuck there.

Please help!