Impressions keeps decreasing, but clicks and conversion are increasing

digifel

This week I noticed a decrease in my impressions, last week is at 3k, yesterday is down to 1.3k and today down to 898. But my number clicks and conversion is increasing. I haven’t edited my gigs recently, the last time I did that was 2 months ago. Is it because of the algorithm or because of slower sales in January? 

• Like 4

It's not uncommon for fluctuations in impressions to occur due to various factors, including algorithm changes or shifts in market demand. However, a decrease in impressions doesn't necessarily correlate directly with slower sales.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

Success score is only visible to the seller. But I noticed decline in clicks and impressions and the amount of clients inquiring in messages when my score went from 9 to 8. The data on the fiverr app shows I only have 6 clicks on my gig from the last 7 days. Is anyone experiencing the same thing when the score dropped? 

The negative impact to my score is cancellation which all happened because the buyer ordered the wrong package or the buyers who ordered without contacting me first. Since the score dropped I have completed 3 orders. How many more orders do I need to complete to get back to 9? 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, digifel said:

Success score is only visible to the seller.

The algorithm that matches gigs with buyers in their search results looks into the individual gig scores and decides what to show. 

So yes, buyers don't see your Success Score, but how your gigs are rated affects your impressions. 

In some form, the system worked like that before. The difference now is that we can see how Fiverr's AI and private reviews score us. 

9 hours ago, digifel said:

How many more orders do I need to complete to get back to 9? 

We won't know that. 

• Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

One more thing...

While the impressions / clicks drop might be caused by your score change, they might be just as well unrelated.

7 days is a very short period and slower months concerning a whole industry is nothing unusual. 

Another cause might be the Fiverr algorithm working on intervals. 
I noticed that there are weeks when I'm flooded with requests and that's followed by complete inbox inactivity (regardless if the requests lead to orders or not and my score is constant). I'm guessing that the algorithm is dividing the impressions / leads pool among sellers by showing their gigs more for specific periods and giving them chances alternately.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One more possibility, does Spring Break and Easter Holiday greatly impact sales? Considering that the majority of my clients are from the United States and European countries.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

Since the new system is implemented , my success score fluctuates between 8 and 9. However, this morning it suddenly went to 7. All of my orders completed this month and last month are rated 5 star. This month and last month, my orders are mostly from repeat clients, with a few new clients. I  completed two orders this month (one from repeat client, and another from new client) before it went to 7 today. Last night, it still stands at 8. Does the number of new clients affect the success score? Is there bug with this current rating system?

Edited by digifel
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, digifel said:

Hello everyone,

Since the new system is implemented , my success score fluctuates between 8 and 9. However, this morning it suddenly went to 7. All of my orders completed this month and last month are rated 5 star. This month and last month, my orders are mostly from repeat clients, with a few new clients. I  completed two orders this month (one from repeat client, and another from new client) before it went to 7 today. Last night, it still stands at 8. Does the number of new clients affect the success score? Is there bug with this current rating system?

The success score is driven by the set of your metrics as well as the set of metrics of the sellers in your niche. That is, it doesn't even depend on your metrics.
The algorithm changes every 24 hours.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

My Success score has been stuck at 4 since the new level system came in >< all my stats are 100% and I get 5 stars from almost all ratings... But it hasn't changed in any way for 1-2 months and my account has been constantly dropping for the last 2 weeks. I really don't know what to do, I would appreciate any information you can give me. Thank you.

Screenshot_1.png

• Like 5

7 hours ago, marinanp86 said:

The success score is driven by the set of your metrics as well as the set of metrics of the sellers in your niche. That is, it doesn't even depend on your metrics.
The algorithm changes every 24 hours.

So the score could fluctuate up or down any day?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, digifel said:

So the score could fluctuate up or down any day?

Exactly

6 hours ago, yondeeart said:

My Success score has been stuck at 4 since the new level system came in >< all my stats are 100% and I get 5 stars from almost all ratings... But it hasn't changed in any way for 1-2 months and my account has been constantly dropping for the last 2 weeks. I really don't know what to do, I would appreciate any information you can give me. Thank you.

Screenshot_1.png

I'm in your situation. Exactly the same.
From support I only got the following response: the algorithm changes every day so we cannot guarantee a position in the search results, we advise you to improve your metrics and continue working with your regular clients.

But how are we supposed to improve metrics without new customers? Regular customers exhaust the resources of their orders, they are not infinite. I'm honestly thinking about deleting my account and creating another one from scratch.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, yondeeart said:

Screenshot_1.png

I have exactly the same statistics. Ever since they announced the SS system, my score has remained stuck at 4. Before this change, I felt like I was in favor of Fiverr gods because I had an early payout option, even without Seller Plus, and an available cash advance option. I also had a pretty stable order flow without any promotion. Now, the situation is completely opposite. My gig seems dead, and I can't even use promotions to attract new buyers. I doubt CS or anybody else will help with anything. I am just hoping for a miracle at this point.

However, I'm tired of relying solely on Fiverr and being in constant fear of their unpredictable changes and completely untransparent, shady activities. I'm going to invest more time in creating my own online presence(website, portfolio, socials) to have something solid than counting on Fiverr roulette. 

• Like 7

The negative impact on my score is from order cancellation. Only one of my three gigs has the individual score displayed. My cancellation stands at 16%, if it counts the cancellation, isn't it 84% (score 8)? 

cancellation 2.PNG

impact 3.PNG

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

I have been selling for 6 months on Fiverr. This month, my sales are stable but the impressions and clicks are very low compared to previous months. I’m curious, are there particular months with lower demands? I’m selling in Graphics and Design category. 

Edited by digifel
  • Like 3
  • Sad 5

• digifel changed the title to Low Impressions and Clicks This Month

Hello everyone,

This week, my success score suddenly decreased to 6 with a new label (EffectIve Communication - Room for Growth). Ever since the decrease, my impressions went down from the usual 1k-2k to under 500. Is lower success score affecting visibility in search? 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1