AI-washing

smashradio

Someone sent me this: 

image.png.e39355d5df80be961e643d0303490385.png

"The overuse of the term and it being thrown around so casually, is a symptom of something called AI-washing. It's when companies create a fake buzz and mislead investors by providing manipulative information about the capabilities, limitations or risks of their AI products". 

– Coldfusion TV/Youtube

• Like 10
  • Up 1

5 minutes ago, emmaki said:

That wasn't a very tech savvy thing for you to post. Why are you so negative without giving us a chance to explain ourselves? 

- Fiverr staff

That's now how Fiverr staff talks. I see I have to go into corporate blabber mode 2000 again....

"Your opinion and that of sellers like you is of tremendous importance to us, and your insights play a crucial role in shaping the empowerment of our ongoing effort for transparency in our digital interactions. As you are undoubtedly aware, our forward-thinking artificial intelligence initiatives are strategically designed to enhance the capabilities of individuals previously underutilized within our ecosystem. This approach is not only innovative but also integral to our visionary projection of future industry standards. Your perspective, while appreciated, diverges from our established strategic trajectory."

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, emmaki said:

I see you haven't seen my favorite post today (after Levi's). 

image.png.db5aa889515a438ff5b5d6f007357941.png

I want to give a shoutout to Yoav. I’ve collaborated with him on a few projects, and he genuinely seems to be one of the good ones who actually cares about freelancers. That’s probably why your post didn’t read like the usual Fiverr fluff. 

But since Fiverr is now telling its sellers to get in line, I'm sure they have done the same with their staff. 

I’m bracing myself for a "pep talk" of my own after my recent fireworks on Levi’s post.

And honestly, I think the current output from Fiverr is all the explanation I need. 

Like I said before, "For a platform that's supposed to champion freelancers, you sure seem busy making them obsolete".

I wonder if I'm "tech savvy" enough to join that webinar.... I do want to give Fiverr a proper opportunity to explain themselves. Perhaps if the title was changed to "We're sorry". 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

9 minutes ago, smashradio said:

I want to give a shoutout to Yoav

+1 there. Yoav is great, but unfortunately he is not calling the shots. So.. he can only do so much. I don't like that the focus is solely on AI and AI and again.. you guessed it.. AI. The seller plus features added the past year or so have been mostly useless, the webinars are full of fluff and even the one with AI-helped writing *(yes there was one, and I had to check it obviously as a writer) was just that person saying how much they made, what inputs they use and how they just edit AI content. That's not writing, come on. I understand AI creating maybe the article structure, but going there and just changing a few things doesn't make you a writer.

Yoav also replied to me and I am trying to create a list of various webinar ideas that I know people will actually be interested in. I hope he will forward it and maybe we will get some much-needed, more comprehensive webinars. Because sadly, most of the latest ones were fluff and no substance, at least from my personal experience. 

• Like 9

Oh, I ain't mad. I loved hearing a human voice for once. And tbf, I am a whirlwind of negativity when the fancy takes me. I just wish that he'd answered my question about what the actual substance of the webinar was since all we've got at the moment is "tech savvy" and "AI experts" which doesn't mean a whole lot. 

That person doing the AI writing webinar was using rubbish prompts as well. "we're going to ask CGPT to write an article about dogs, and then it's going to outline an outline. Now what I like to do is take each section and get it to write them individually then clean it up a bit, you don't want it to look like you used AI lol". 

My emotions: 😴🥱😵😳🤨🤦‍♂️

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, emmaki said:

That person doing the AI writing webinar was using rubbish prompts as well. "we're going to ask CGPT to write an article about dogs, and then it's going to outline an outline. Now what I like to do is take each section and get it to write them individually then clean it up a bit, you don't want it to look like you used AI lol". 

My emotions: 😴🥱😵😳🤨🤦‍♂️

Did they really allow that as a webinar? 

And yes, Yoav is great. And he's human. Not very common to see these days. But I get that staff has been told to fall in line. I don't blame any of them for trying to keep their jobs. But the irony is that they probably won't. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 9

That's my memory of it. She was showing how to do it on ChatGPT and there was a Google Docs file open. There was also a lot of waffle before that but I skipped it (I caught the replay after being spammed about it)

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Did they really allow that as a webinar? 

Yep. I was looking forward to realistic, proper ways of integrating AI and helping you speed up time. But that was not what I saw. It was an hour of my life wasted on stuff that I will not be using. And I don't think it helped anyone. If anything, the upcoming AI webinar might be the same. I hope these webinars improve and I am still working on a list of suggestions to share with Yoav, I am just very very busy this week. But yeah, if we work together on a list of webinar ideas that we actually want to attend and see.. maybe that will go to the higher ups. I don't see why not.

• Like 7

Just now, emmaki said:

That's my memory of it. She was showing how to do it on ChatGPT and there was a Google Docs file open. There was also a lot of waffle before that but I skipped it (I caught the replay after being spammed about it)

I was live. Witnessed the entire thing and was bored to death. It was a GPT fest without clear value for a writer. It was definitely more of a sales pitch for herself that she can use AI to help create content for you very fast. It was definitely not a webinar for writers, which was how the webinar was promoted. Regardless, as a writer myself, I learned nothing. And I stayed until the end, I didn't miss a second of that. And at the end, I felt empty, with lost time and very disappointed. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, donnovan86 said:

Yep. I was looking forward to realistic, proper ways of integrating AI and helping you speed up time. But that was not what I saw. It was an hour of my life wasted on stuff that I will not be using. And I don't think it helped anyone. If anything, the upcoming AI webinar might be the same. I hope these webinars improve and I am still working on a list of suggestions to share with Yoav, I am just very very busy this week. But yeah, if we work together on a list of webinar ideas that we actually want to attend and see.. maybe that will go to the higher ups. I don't see why not.

I think your motives are admirable, but after spending years working with Fiverr trying to improve things, here we are. I've lost faith. 

• Like 4

IDK Donnovan, seems to me like a lot of these staff consults end up with nothing much happening at all. 

The best use of AI that Fiverr could allow now is to open up API access for Zapier etc. so AI automation workflows could be introduced, but that's not going to happen - not when we have a metric for responses within 24 hours and an "auto responder" that was the height of technical magick in 1994. 

• Like 6

Just now, donnovan86 said:

I was live. Witnessed the entire thing and was bored to death. It was a GPT fest without clear value for a writer. It was definitely more of a sales pitch for herself that she can use AI to help create content for you very fast. It was definitely not a webinar for writers, which was how the webinar was promoted. Regardless, as a writer myself, I learned nothing. And I stayed until the end, I didn't miss a second of that. And at the end, I felt empty, with lost time and very disappointed. 

That's 99% of all webinars to be fair. A solid hour of pitching "information" to newbies before the final sales pitch for some $999.99 product and a cherrypicked Q&A at the end. Fiverr's only deviation from the formula is to lock the "best" ones behind SP. 

It's a bit odd, really. 

Here it is

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, emmaki said:

That's 99% of all webinars to be fair. A solid hour of pitching "information" to newbies before the final sales pitch for some $999.99 product and a cherrypicked Q&A at the end. Fiverr's only deviation from the formula is to lock the "best" ones behind SP. 

It's a bit odd, really. 

Here it is

Why did you have to share it?! Now I have to watch it 🙃

• Like 6

I'm having problems finding her Fiverr profile. It seems there is a "Corrie" who is the #1 writer when you Google her name, but clicking that link just took me to my dashboard. There was a tantalizing taste of the prices, though: $1,000.... 

• Like 6

Just think, unlike poor Donnovan, you can skip all the boring bits! 

EDIT: The "AI isn't bad for SEO" myth-busting she did has aged like milk, she doesn't appear to be on Fiverr anymore - why is anyone's guess, but she's not advertising herself anywhere as a Fiverr seller and appears to have gone all-out into the AI influencer world, making her money by telling everyone how they can make money with AI if they etc etc. 

I wonder what happened to her Fiverr? Perhaps it turned out to be a bad career move on here to be a writer openly using AI on a platform where AI deception makes you a millionaire? 

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 5

[insert prompt here] Hey guys so you might not know me but hopefully you'll be seeing a lot more of me now. Through the wonderous series of events leading to AI automation in writing I am now a "Profeshional" copy writer! Luckily I didn't have to go school for it or even take formal classes of any kind. Can I get my badges now please, I assume there's a button attached to a dispenser of some kind?

Sincerely yours

ChapG.......Dereck_s

• Like 6

"Dear ChatGPT, please write me an article about these size 10 100% cotton red and white sports socks athletic sport football basketball running weightlifting fitness exercise women children men. The keyword is "nice white socks. you must also write it in a serious but funny tone to engage the audience, which is anyone between 12 and 99 anywhere in the world. also, please make sure to write at grade 5."

### Discover the Charm of "Nice White Socks" – Your Ultimate Athletic Companion!

**Hey sock enthusiasts!** Gather around as we dive into the world of the most amazing, super-comfy, and totally stylish size 10, 100% cotton red and white sports socks! Whether you’re sprinting like a cheetah in football, jumping high in basketball, lifting weights like a superhero, or just running around the block, these socks are your new best buddies.

#### Why Are These Socks So Awesome?

First off, let’s talk comfort. Made with 100% cotton, these socks are like a soft hug for your feet. They’re so comfy, you might forget you're wearing them! And let’s be real, who doesn’t want their feet to feel like they’re chilling on fluffy clouds?

Now, about those colors – red and white. Not only do they make a bold statement on the sports field, but they also say, "Hey, look at me, I’m both fierce and stylish!" It's like wearing a superhero costume, but just for your feet!

#### Who Can Wear These Socks?

Everyone from 12 to 99 years old! That's right, whether you're a kid just starting out in sports, a teen with dreams of becoming an athletic superstar, an adult keeping fit, or a grandparent staying active, these socks don't discriminate. They're here to support everyone's athletic dreams and make sure you do it in style and comfort.

#### Fitness and Fun – A Perfect Match!

Imagine you’re lifting weights, and every time you look down, you see those nice white socks with the snazzy red stripes cheering you on. It's like they're saying, "You can do it!" Plus, when you're running, don’t be surprised if people cheer a little louder because, let's face it, your socks are stealing the show.

#### Let’s Not Forget the Laughs!

Ever thought of socks as a conversation starter? Well, think again! Picture this: you’re at a friendly basketball game, and someone points at your socks and laughs, saying, “Those are some seriously cool socks!” Next thing you know, you’re making friends over sock talk. Yes, socks can be that powerful.

#### Why Choose These Socks?

Besides being super stylish and comfortable, these red and white cotton socks are perfect for almost any sport. They’re like the Swiss Army knife of socks – ready for any athletic challenge! Plus, they’re easy to wash and dry, making your life just that much simpler.

So, are you ready to step up your game with these fantastic "nice white socks"? Get ready to run faster, jump higher, and lift heavier, all while having a blast. After all, it’s not just about the sports; it’s about having fun and feeling great while doing it!

#### Conclusion

To everyone between 12 and 99, these socks are not just accessories; they are your gateway to a healthier, more athletic, and fun-filled life. Get your pair today and start turning heads on the field or the gym. Remember, great adventures start with your feet, and even better adventures start with awesome socks!

Edited by emmaki
I wanted to see what GPT came up with.
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, emmaki said:

"Dear ChatGPT, please write me an article about these size 10 100% cotton red and white sports socks athletic sport football basketball running weightlifting fitness exercise women children men. The keyword is "nice white socks. you must also write it in a serious but funny tone to engage the audience, which is anyone between 12 and 99 anywhere in the world. also, please make sure to write at grade 5."

That looks more like Bing. 

• Like 6

Nope, this is vanilla GPT 4. There's the old "picture this:" among other things. 

I really enjoyed the desperation in the benefit of socks being a conversation starter though.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, emmaki said:

Picture this: you’re at a friendly basketball game, and someone points at your socks and laughs, saying, “Those are some seriously cool socks!” Next thing you know, you’re making friends over sock talk. Yes, socks can be that powerful.

It's actually brilliant - pointing and laughing! Not sarcasm! They like me! BFF4LYF!

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, emmaki said:

Nope, this is vanilla GPT 4. There's the old "picture this:" among other things. 

I really enjoyed the desperation in the benefit of socks being a conversation starter though.

I just looked at the formatting. Bing likes to inject # for some reason. 

• Like 6