Qr code scam Profile verification

image.png.123b019dce4d1405bba54d18d057f3c3.png

QR scam by ""@mariuskirchner5""  Display name ""Notification""     -   this is the pic they have sent trying to get people to scan the code with their phone - reported and sent email but thought I would post here just in case too

• Like 3

Hello, Hello , Hello

Nowadays I am receiving verify account messages from buyers, they are mentioning QR code to scan and get link, any one of you guys are receiving these type of message, let me mention that one file which I received from buyer, What i can do to stop these kind of messages? 

Opera Snapshot_2024-07-21_221417_fiverr-res.cloudinary.com.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zaidiitechhouse said:

Hello, Hello , Hello

Nowadays I am receiving verify account messages from buyers, they are mentioning QR code to scan and get link, any one of you guys are receiving these type of message, let me mention that one file which I received from buyer, What i can do to stop these kind of messages? 

Hello too.. Hello too.. Hello too..

It's a scam. Do not scan the QR code ever. Simply report that buyer/message immediately. We can only report those accounts and nothing else.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

Received Message in my inbox to Scan the QR code and received fund.

I have created my 2nd Gig and my account is new did not received any order yet, today  I have received a attached file message with QR code, in this he ask me to scan this QR code inter your bank details and received fund in your account. screen shoot attached. please check and let me know its scam or not.
Thanks

Screenshot 2024-07-26 182810.png

Screenshot 2024-07-26 182901.png

• Like 3

Hello @soohail_akhtar 

Yes, it appears to be a scam. We are aware of the issue and are actively working to resolve it. Please report this user to our Customer Support immediately. Send an email to support@fiverr.com with all the screenshots you have.

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Like has been said it's a scam. But if Fiverr scanned the images (for text and QR codes and any data in the QR codes - like I think I showed code for before on the forum) then they could automatically flag or ban the accounts sending those, reducing he chance of people getting scammed (without needing each scam message to manually be reported).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2

Fiverr said I received a new payment for my service, but with a QR code to scan. Is this scam?

Hi Guys, I just created my seller account yesterday here on Fiverr, and on the next day I received a mail from Fiverr looking like this. 

image.png.d8ebf8271175ba3ae672232cfa621620.png

So, I was ecstatic because I finally had my first order and start making money, however, upon clicking on the message, it looked like this: 

image.png.4470a6c2c25bdca88efabd8d3f87fe33.png

then as I clicked it, I had this pop up in new window, 

image.png.36f8114beb8b6df947e100e9bdc46a49.png

and as I scanned the QR code; it leads me to a new window with a Fiverr lookalike website and says since I am new to Fiverr, for me to get the funds I must input my bank account info such as the card #, the name, date and year, cvv then the card balance which is weird as I have never encountered something like this before. 

Then after veryfing my details through that window, I received an email like this:

image.png.9ed6143f182245694d9f1ad8b60022ed.png 
Am I scammed? What should I do? I am so afraid that I might get banned from the platform or have my bank account compromised and my money taken away from me.

I did reported the user who sent me the message and transferred the remaining balance to my other bank account, is this really a scam? I really received emails from this email address (<noreply@invisioncloudcommunity.com>)  after the submitting my bank information through the QR code, it seems so legit.

Can anybody help me with this? 

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, siedibarra said:

I see, this really sucks, what will happen to my Bank account now? should I close it? or is there anything I can do to save my bank from these scams?

Hi @siedibarra,

All of them are scams and the few that have given screenshots are from fiber notifications.

These are all scams and we should beware of them.  Types of scams should be known.  There are many topics about this in fiber forum, read them to get an idea about this type of scam.

And such links or QR code should never be scanned or clicked.  And fiber usually automatically detects them and neutralizes or blocks them. Such scams will never impact the response rating.  Such notifications or mails will usually come from Fiber.

So nothing to worry be careful, happy freelancing 😊

Thanks
Nion

• Like 1

Subject: How to Report of Suspicious QR Code Message

dear Fiverr community.

I am writing to report a suspicious message I received on my Fiverr account today. The message contained a QR code and claimed to be from Fiverr, asking me to scan the QR code to verify my account due to an enhanced security verification process.

The message details are as follows:

• Username of the sender: @theresasmith712
  • Message content: The message instructed me to scan a QR code and access the link provided for further instructions to restore account operation and resume receiving orders.

I suspect this message to be a scam attempt as I am aware of potential fraudulent activities on the platform. I have not interacted with the message or the QR code .

Attached is a screenshot of the message for your reference.

Could you guys please advise on the next steps and any actions I should take to protect my account?

Thank you 

Best regards,

Syed Fahad Ali Shah

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, syedfahadali1 said:

Could you guys please advise on the next steps and any actions I should take to protect my account?

If you want to report it there's 3 dots on the top right of a message in the Fiverr inbox that you can press which will them have options for report and spam. You could use either of those.

If you want to contact the help desk about it it's at: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/

If you've not clicked on any links or scanned the QR code there's nothing you need to do to protect your account. If you wanted you could set up 2 factor authentication for extra account protection if you haven't already (in settings->security).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1

I have received a message from a client for payment through QR Code. Is it a Scam?

Please help. I received an image instructing me to scan a code to receive payment. Unaware of any potential risks, I scanned it and was directed to a page resembling Fiverr, which then asked for my card information. After entering it, I was taken to a chat page that requested my card details again. I mentioned that I had already provided them on the desktop and suggested using PayPal instead. However, the site insisted on using my card, so I did not proceed.

As I'm new to the site, can someone explain how I should properly receive orders?

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-01 at 10.02.21 AM.jpeg

• Like 1