Qr code scam Profile verification

I've been on Fiver for 3 years and have never been contacted like this, I've always had great experiences although I do most of my work outside of Fiverr from clients I get from referrals I have always enjoyed doing extra work on Fiverr. Recently I've been more active on Fiverr as I want to make it my main channel for work. Yesterday I received a similar phishing scam. The user messaged me claiming they were struggling to make an order on my new gig. I am currently focusing on gaining more work on Fiverr and added a new gig in the morning, so even though it seemed odd I sent this user the email address. They then sent me this phishing email.

Screenshot(673).png.214745fca1c7aba9199578cc1cd916a3.png

I'm a developer so I can spot a phishing email from a mile away so i checked the sender address and it was from an @icloud.com address.

I did not open the link but it's important to be aware of these things because it's so easy just instinctively to click on something like this and be tricked.

If you're a new seller just keep an eye out for this kind of thing, fiver does a good job of blocking these accounts. Before I even got a chance to report it the account was banned.

• Like 2

I also received this kind of message today but not by fiverr support team but a client. She said she would tell me her project later but she deposited money to fiverr and asked me to scan a QR code below to receive that payment.

Though, I was aware of such scams but still I scanned that QR code which led me to a website with similar interface to amberji233's pictures.

It asked for my details but I did not give any and deleted all my internet activity, ran multiple malware scans and changed my fiverr login credentials. After like an hour, the fiverr support team texted me that this user(scammer) cannot be contacted.

How should I feel now? Am I safe or still at risk? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sam_styles_ said:

How should I feel now? Am I safe or still at risk? 

You should be fine the QR code likely just redirected you to the phishing scam link. You were, however right to take precautions.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, secrettea said:

I received this message too, almost clicked the link.. along with 83 (I counted) spam messages in less than 24 hours… is it normal?

83 is crazy, although there seems to be more activity recently that does not sound normal. I wonder if this kind of thing is more prevalent depending on your niche

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

I'm a new joiner on Fiverr as well and within the last week I received 20+ of these fishy messages where a potential customer asked me to contact him on Telegram. That is quite unsettling considering we are all here not to get scammed and trying to offer our work in a legitimate way.

Since I am quite a newbie on the platform, I'd like to ask for some informations: I got contacted by two potential customers and they sent me a screenshot showing that they were trying to prepay for my gig but needing my email address.

Is this another scam technique or can I consider it legit and provide my email address, even if, as per Fiverr policy, I'm supposed not to disclose the email address and keep al communications within the platform?

Getting quite confused here 🤯

Thank you all for your attention

image.png.6bb41589ede354f6762cd8b5160963ef.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ggcaporale said:

Hello everyone,

I'm a new joiner on Fiverr as well and within the last week I received 20+ of these fishy messages where a potential customer asked me to contact him on Telegram. That is quite unsettling considering we are all here not to get scammed and trying to offer our work in a legitimate way.

Since I am quite a newbie on the platform, I'd like to ask for some informations: I got contacted by two potential customers and they sent me a screenshot showing that they were trying to prepay for my gig but needing my email address.

Is this another scam technique or can I consider it legit and provide my email address, even if, as per Fiverr policy, I'm supposed not to disclose the email address and keep al communications within the platform?

Getting quite confused here 🤯

Thank you all for your attention

image.png.6bb41589ede354f6762cd8b5160963ef.png

Complete scam, I got the same thing, just don't respond and watch how they don't take long to block you.

• Like 1

I recieved an email saying that my account has been suspended and i had to use a QR code that led me into keying in my bank card details

however after i do it says it is being verified but it is not

• Like 1

1 hour ago, megan2030 said:

I recieved an email saying that my account has been suspended and i had to use a QR code that led me into keying in my bank card details

This is a scam. 

Never share your card details! Fiverr never requests it. 

I recommend blocking your bank card right away to avoid further losses (scammers can use your credentials to buy something). 

• Like 2
  • Up 2

hello, I am new to Fiverr after creating my first gig as a seller, I received a message from support fiverr and it said to scan the QR code to restore my account It took me to the payment section, but I didn't know about this and I have entered my card details and after It said we are unable to connect to your bank account, please try another bank. I came back from there and after some time I received a message from an unknown stranger saying your unpaid amount will be sent to your account, they wanted me to type my card details, I thought it was suspicious and I checked here, after checking I found that it was a scam. I got trapped in it what should I do Can anyone tell me, please

On 6/20/2024 at 1:23 PM, pushyendra12 said:

I received a message from support fiverr and it said to scan the QR code to restore my account It took me to the payment section, but I didn't know about this and I have entered my card details and after It said we are unable to connect to your bank account, please try another bank. I came back from there and after some time I received a message from an unknown stranger saying your unpaid amount will be sent to your account, they wanted me to type my card details, I thought it was suspicious and I checked here, after checking I found that it was a scam. I got trapped in it what should I do

If you have transferred funds and want to cancel this transaction, I advise you to contact your payment provider. Since this payment was made outside of Fiverr, we don’t have any information about it, and therefore we are unable to cancel it. 

• Like 2

Hello Everyone, I'm new in fiverr. In my fiverr massage support fiverr send this . And when I'm go this QR code then they need Bank Card for verification. But I 'have no card at this time. what can I do for this situation?

assistlyquick.jpeg

On 6/19/2024 at 7:08 PM, royaldudegfx said:

Is it real or fake?? I got message from fiverr support, But I think this is scammer.

Hi there! 

As your colleagues mentioned this is likely a spam message.

I would recommend you report the user and take no further action.

For more information on how to spot and handle spam messages, read here. 

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Im new on this, and I received support messages from Fiverr asking me to enter bank details to continue with a service that had been launched, it also told me that my gigs were not available until I entered the data. These modalities are scams and they take money from your bank account. Be very careful, they take advantage of new accounts, and pretend to be support.

I hope that the platform takes these modalities into account and is really safe to work on it, really disappointed.

Scam Alert!!! Be cautious

Yesterday, I was talking to a "customer" before their order normally then I received a screenshot from the scammer showing a photoshopped order process where they claimed they needed my email address and asked for my help. Shortly after, I got an email with a verification code and a button. When I clicked it, I was redirected to a page that looked exactly like Fiverr's. On that page, they asked me to verify my card information by typing it in.

Be cautious and don't trust these people, no matter how real it looks!

IMG-20240622-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20240622-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20240622-WA0003.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Up 1

100% this is how they get hacked.

I had a dude contact me today with a PDF attachment where they had a QR code sending me to a website that I assume emulates Fiverr, where they would force you to login obviously, to steal credentials. 

Obviously I didn't even download the PDF, but you can see the content. So be careful people, learn more about staying safe online, these scammers are very creative.

• Like 2