Private Feedback... Ruined...?

cheftychefty

I saw a seller on a different post mention that fiverr *might be* relying on their Private Feedback as a metric because fiverr could be worried that sellers are rigging their reviews by giving their buyers a hard time or guilt tripping them. I don't know how accurate this is but don't you think it's only going to be worse now?

Now that the whole platform knows how Private Feedback works, don't you think that's only going to become an extension of the above issue? Now sellers will just add "oh and after your order, you'll be asked to take a brief *private* survey regarding our work together. I look forward to your feedback." They're not implying that it needs to be filled out positively for them, but they are implying they know about it and then it genuinely no longer feels like Private Feedback. The reason these sellers never brought it up beforehand was because everyone was told that it was just a metric fiverr used and it didn't impact us or our work.

You guys have quite literally just overcomplicated the system and created an even bigger mess. If the above is true, and some sellers have a history of tugging on peoples heartstrings, to get better ratings, then they're just going to do the same exact thing now that they know Private Feedback is a metric. That changes nothing and this new system only makes it harder for the honest sellers to stay relevant on this platform.

I don't know if the PF section will just roll into a standard review now or if it will stay private... But all you've done was created an even more vigilant group of dishonest sellers who now have even more data on how to rig success while the rest of us who no longer have a career here will have to find work elsewhere.

I feel like I'm in some weird episode of Black Mirror.

Edited by cheftychefty
Typos.
  • Like 3
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, cheftychefty said:

If the above is true, and some sellers have a history of tugging on peoples heartstrings, to get better ratings, then they're just going to do the same exact thing now that they know Private Feedback is a metric.

They are pretty good at identifying manipulative words. A lot of people were complaining on the forum that they received a warning due to feedback manipulation so.. they have the tools to find you. There can be false positives, of course.. 

1 hour ago, cheftychefty said:

I don't know if the PF section will just roll into a standard review now or if it will stay private...

Kesha confirmed it will stay private. The new review system has some elements from the previous PF system, like value for money. But they still ask for a private review, aside from the regular one.

• Like 3