Where should i search buyers to sell my services?

nasirshah1977

Question

10 answers to this question

Hi @nasirshah1977 and welcome to the Fiverr Forum! 

9 hours ago, nasirshah1977 said:

How can my gig be shown to maximum buyers?

This is one of the most frequently asked questions on the Forum. The most common answer would be social networks. Through social networks, you can reach a lot of people. As you know by now, good Gig description plays a big role, too. Make your business stand out and be eye-catching and start promoting your Gigs. I am going to leave you a very good article where you can find additional advice on 7 Ways to Promote Yourself as a Fiverr Freelancer.

Feel free to search the Forum, especially the Tips for Sellers category, where you'll be able to find more helpful suggestions from our vetted Sellers. 

Hope this helps.  

• Like 15

5 hours ago, Lena said:

Hello @mandyzines 

However, I think you misunderstood me, so I thank you for the chance to clarify my words. 

What I said is that the Gigs are usually advertised through social media. Advertising personal or external links anywhere on the Forum is against our Guidelines and that is common knowledge. 

Thank you once again.

Have a nice day. 

Thank you, Lena! I was strictly referring to what's written on that blog post--the "Having a link to a personal website on your profile can let a potential client learn more about you" part--as it was my understanding that we cannot link to personal websites in the forum or marketplace. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lena said:

This is one of the most frequently asked questions on the Forum. The most common answer would be social networks. Through social networks, you can reach a lot of people. As you know by now, good Gig description plays a big role, too. Make your business stand out and be eye-catching and start promoting your Gigs. I am going to leave you a very good article where you can find additional advice on 7 Ways to Promote Yourself as a Fiverr Freelancer.

Feel free to search the Forum, especially the Tips for Sellers category, where you'll be able to find more helpful suggestions from our vetted Sellers. 

Hope this helps.  

thanks for the information. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Lena said:

Hope this helps.  

So, we can link to our personal websites on our Fiverr profile? Can we do that on gigs, too?

linktosite.png

• Like 5
  • Up 1

42 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

Can we do that on gigs, too?

Probably not according to this:

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011421218-Gig-policies

If you use a URL in your Gig, which is not in the above list, your Gig may be denied. Repetitive violations may also cause an account to be restricted.

It also seems risky having a link to on the profile. Though that page says to it wouldn't surprise me if Fiverr flagged people who did create a link on their profile to a personal website of theirs.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, mandyzines said:

So, we can link to our personal websites on our Fiverr profile? Can we do that on gigs, too?

linktosite.png

Hello @mandyzines 

However, I think you misunderstood me, so I thank you for the chance to clarify my words. 

What I said is that the Gigs are usually advertised through social media. Advertising personal or external links anywhere on the Forum is against our Guidelines and that is common knowledge. 

Thank you once again.

Have a nice day. 

• Like 4
  • Up 4

10 minutes ago, Lena said:

I think it was unclear if the blog post meant to add the personal website link on the Fiverr (main site) profile. But I assume it's against the Fiverr TOS too.

The blog post (https://blog.fiverr.com/post/7-ways-to-promote-yourself-as-a-fiverr-freelancer)

said:

1. Complete Your Fiverr Profile

3. Get a Personal Website

Creating a personal website is easier than ever and it is a great way to show off even more of your work. Having a link to a personal website on your profile can let a potential client learn more about you.

I think the Fiverr blog post could clarify that they don't mean to add the link on the Fiverr (main site) profile (if that's the case) - that they mean on some other site like social media (if that's what was meant).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4

Hi @uk1000 

In this case, it is referred to a personal portfolio website. Maybe the word 'personal' is problematic and is causing all the confusion. But, that is what is meant here. Creating a personal portfolio as a way for the Buyer to get to know the Seller's work better.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2