Tips to make more with Gig Extras

kevinwil

Make your extras appealing to the buyer. Ask yourself a few questions:

Why should they buy an extra? What’s in it for them? How can you communicate that in the title?

If you can answer those questions, add that to your description of the gig. Make sure to mention they are extras!

There are many creative ways to upsell and incorporate new options for your gig. I always consider what will take me extra time, but will still provide additional value to my customers. I currently use $100 extra for a promo video option for my flyering gig. It would take me time to film and edit, on top of a large distribution, but it would be a unique marketing piece, much like the video I use in my gig description.

There are many creative ways to upsell and incorporate new options for your gig. I always consider what will take me extra time, but will still provide additional value to my customers. I currently use $100 extra for a promo video option for my flyering gig. It would take me time to film and edit, on top of a large distribution, but it would be a unique marketing piece, much like the video I use in my gig description.

Guest aldzmodelo

I do not usually read posts in forums and i rather work but I learned more in this thread that I will apply to my manual link building seo gigs.

favicon.ico missing-image-user-default-bd1f1e80608adea52744cb5471e7cdab.png

I used to provide SEO Gigs in Fiverr. Now I am into drop shipping using Shopify with Aliexpress. I love working online and I want to work with you. Zero experience in drop shipping are welcome. Have a lovely day guys!

Guest aldzmodelo

I do not usually read posts in forums and i rather work but I learned more in this thread that I will apply to my manual link building seo gigs.

favicon.ico missing-image-user-default-bd1f1e80608adea52744cb5471e7cdab.png

I used to provide SEO Gigs in Fiverr. Now I am into drop shipping using Shopify with Aliexpress. I love working online and I want to work with you. Zero experience in drop shipping are welcome. Have a lovely day guys!

I have a GIG offering ONE HTML page developed for $5.

Obviously this work does not worth the $5 amount so i made some GIG Extras: Like as:

3 Sub-Pages for additional $10

Contact Form for $5

NIVO Image Slider for $5

Your Google Analytic Code for $5

Custom Aweber form for $10

Stock Images for additional $5

Drop Down Menu for $5

Upload on your hosting server for $5

I will Add YOUR keywords etc for $5

Add favicon ICON for $5

Add Social Media Profile Links for $5

1 Year Web Hosting for $40

Because my GIG EXTRAS are more then i have the limit, so i did this thing. Mention all my EXTRAS Services with price in description and ask theme to BUY GIG EXTRA service pack of $5, $10, $20. So they calculate what GIG extra services they want if its total $20 of extra services. They buy base GIG with $20 GIG EXTRA Pack and mention to have these services to perform from my list.

By this method im getting Orders with average of 25$ per GIG.

Last day i have got a HUGE order of $75 (ONE GIG with EXTRAS)

Its a GREAT THING and im making FULL USE of IT.

I have a GIG offering ONE HTML page developed for $5.

Obviously this work does not worth the $5 amount so i made some GIG Extras: Like as:

3 Sub-Pages for additional $10

Contact Form for $5

NIVO Image Slider for $5

Your Google Analytic Code for $5

Custom Aweber form for $10

Stock Images for additional $5

Drop Down Menu for $5

Upload on your hosting server for $5

I will Add YOUR keywords etc for $5

Add favicon ICON for $5

Add Social Media Profile Links for $5

1 Year Web Hosting for $40

Because my GIG EXTRAS are more then i have the limit, so i did this thing. Mention all my EXTRAS Services with price in description and ask theme to BUY GIG EXTRA service pack of $5, $10, $20. So they calculate what GIG extra services they want if its total $20 of extra services. They buy base GIG with $20 GIG EXTRA Pack and mention to have these services to perform from my list.

By this method im getting Orders with average of 25$ per GIG.

Last day i have got a HUGE order of $75 (ONE GIG with EXTRAS)

Its a GREAT THING and im making FULL USE of IT.

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE GIG EXTRAS! Right now about fifty percent of my sales include at least one extra :)) Thinks about the package of extras while you’re planning the gig. The ideal situation is where you’re really selling the extra and the gig purchase is the ticket to getting access to the extra.

Once you get the gig extras you kind of wonder how did you manage to go about without them. 🙂

If you’re a graphic designer I’d say the first Extra you should have is to give the source files to the buyers. This helps them with future edits to the graphics.

Using the gig extras I get to charge more for complex graphics or for revisions, and the maximum gig extra that I can charge I’ve used it for bulk orders, offering the service in bulk at a 20% discount rate.

I still feel that I could improve my gigs and tweak the extras a little bit, always test new options and remove what doesn’t work. I guess this could be a tip for any level seller of any type of service.

Guest saber1

Don’t Nikkel And Dime Buyers.

I’m Guilty to sometimes, I have spent over 20 years in the hospitality industry in high management posions. Here’s what i have leaned that can be applied to fiverr gigs.

Buy loyalty from your clients/customer, Give more than is required " The WOW Factor"

It’s really not difficult to apply.

kevinwil said: What are your best tips for newly Leveled sellers, when it comes to setting up their Gig Extras?

My "best tip(s)" for newly leveled sellers when it comes to starting up your gig extras is:

* Understand the relationship between "The largest marketplace for services that START at $5" and what your buyers want.

Look around in your every day life, you will see many examples of "Extra-ing" be it supersizing at the fast food restaurant or the "up-charge" for extra cheese, pizza toppings, sour cream, etc. or event after eating all that fast food, the "up-charge" for the "fat pants" compared to the regular size :)

Ask yourself this question: What does someone "want to do" or "need to do" AFTER they get my basic $5 service.

If you can both help them to see that and also help them to get that, then it becomes a natural gig extra.

For example, one of my gigs teaches people a sure-fire method for getting FREE PUBLICITY in your local newspaper/media.

Now, after discovering the system one may still need a little push or help at the beginning with creative pitching the media. So two of my gig extras help with that.

Likewise, they might want a leg up on media contacts. One of my gigs offers those.

The what does someone need 'after' they buy from you is a great way to break out and identify your gig extras.

1) How did you break down your service using Gig Extras?

I also use gig extras to create "pricing breaks".

So say I establish that to do 1 X is $5

Then I might make 6 X total for the $20 gig extra. (or $30 in value for $25 order)

This is the concept of "Bundling".

Another approach is to teach something in the initial delivery that makes a gig extra a great choice even AFTER the sale.

In my email writing gig. I offer to write a second email subject-line for testing purposes. I teach testing in the initial order. So sometimes, people come back AFTER ordering to get the gig extra.

It's so little more time to write a second subject line. I sometimes get $5 more for 1 subject line. And never less than $5 for 5.

What "after effects" can you offer that don't require someone to "get it" right with the initial order.

2) Are any of you using the highest Gig Extra you can charge?

If yes - for what? If no - why not?

As a TRS, the top Gig Extra is $100. I do use it, I use it for "advanced work" that I contract with someone on Fiverr...By Invitation Only. Those gigs and offers aren't even in the "search" because I don't/won't do it for anyone.

Guest mylove8993

amazing, everyone who needs their order

favicon.ico fiverr-logo-new-green-9e65bddddfd33dfcf7e06fc1e51a5bc5.png

Fiverr is the world's largest freelance services marketplace for lean entrepreneurs to focus on growth & create a successful business at affordable costs

I have a few photo editing gigs. So I offer the basic things for 5$. And then my extras are mostly -

1. Offering Retouch of photos apart from the basic gig.
  2. Offering editing for more than 1 picture or editing of a group photo.

Guest graphics247

I provide graphic design services and offer editable files and quicker delivery as gig extras.

I have a question that I haven’t been able to find an answer to: I know with a $5 Gig, the Fiverr fee is $1… but if I sell a Gig Extra, is there a different Fiverr fee or is it the same $1 (so for a $5 Gig Extra the total fee for the order would be $1)

Archived