Which one should I do First? Confused 😕

jessica_chi

Question

15 answers to this question

On 1/5/2024 at 5:09 AM, jessica_chi said:

Thank You I appreciate... I was just wondering what could be the reason for missing a lot of brief 

Is this you on the Anita B PDF?   If not, the fact that you're using someone else's image as your profile photo probably isn't helping and against the Fiverr TOS

create-custom-seo-optimization-website-with-duda-website-builder.png

Screenshot 2024-01-05 102626.png

• Like 11

Hi @jessica_chi,

I used to create offers because I thought reaching out to the client in the inbox was spammy. However, I found out (through conversations with buyers on the forum and my own experiences) that I have a higher conversion rate when I send a single message to the buyer with my own quote. Don't chat with the buyer unless they respond back to that single, well-thought out quote.

I found out most buyers don't really know their prices or their criteria and they are hoping that a seller will "see" what they want and need. Even if the prices are much higher than the amount listed in the brief. Most are only using the price as a placeholder. If you are a seller that can "see" what a buyer wants and needs (even if the brief lacks that info, then you'll be lightyears ahead of the sellers who will just provide quotes at the price listed on the brief. I've seen many buyers who complain that sellers are not reading their briefs and are just sending quotes all at the same prices.

Be different and show that you are putting thought into your quotes (and that you are actually reading their briefs). I work off of a template and custom-tailor it to each brief that I see.

This is why this has worked for me:

1. It is not spammy - I'm only sending my best quote based on the information the buyer submitted in the brief. I don't plan on contacting the buyer again if the buyer doesn't respond.

2. My quote show the buyer that I thoroughly read their brief and considered each point that was mentioned in the brief. It also shows that I'm aware that the brief is missing information required for a more accurate quote (and I show them several options that they can select on based on their needs).

3. I can show them relevant samples of my work, based on the brief provided (and include relevant links to the gigs or portfolios that will be of interest to them).

4. I don't send an offer, so I don't have to worry about the buyer accepting it when I may be getting a high amount of orders.

• Like 10

I have lost a lot of brief ... So I keep wondering.... Which one should I do first , create an offer directly or a chat with client first to understand what I am about to get into. 

My initial method was to chat up with them, but before I could know, they would give it out to another seller.

So tell me what am I doing wrong ...

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, jessica_chi said:

I have lost a lot of brief ... So I keep wondering.... Which one should I do first , create an offer directly or a chat with client first to understand what I am about to get into. 

I would recommend that you continue to chat to potential buyers until you're happy to work with them.

Trying to be 'first across the line' with a custom offer isn't always a good thing if you're not entirely sure what you're getting yourself into,  and could ultimately lead to cancelations.

If a client likes you and your services, they will be prepared to wait. 

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, breals said:

I would recommend that you continue to chat to potential buyers until you're happy to work with them.

Trying to be 'first across the line' with a custom offer isn't always a good thing if you're not entirely sure what you're getting yourself into,  and could ultimately lead to cancelations.

If a client likes you and your services, they will be prepared to wait. 

Thank You I appreciate... I was just wondering what could be the reason for missing a lot of brief 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, jessica_chi said:

what could be the reason for missing a lot of brief 

Buyers often write their requirements and then copy and send them to multiple similar gigs. In such cases, they tend to choose the person who replies promptly or provides quick solutions to their problems. Therefore, they might not actually be potential clients for you if you're unable to quickly satisfy them with just a few words.

• Like 9

Hi!

I believe there is nothing wrong with your methods. However, it is better to send an offer if the brief has everything you need to understand the amount of work you will be doing. 

Similarly, in most cases, it is better to send a message and ask them to discuss it further. (it has worked for me in most cases)

Here is an example of how I would handle a brief/opportunity

BUYER - I need ten SEO blog posts on a monthly basis for my new gardening blog. BUDGET - 100 USD

MY RESPONSE - Greetings! I understand you are looking for a writer with expertise in SEO. I have been doing it since 2018, and so far, I have only exceeded the expectations of my clients. I would send the offer, but I need to clarify certain details. Please let me know when you are available to talk. Best Regards!

Finally, try to keep your message short and to the point. In my experience, most buyers may not have time to go through a message of more than 150 words.

I hope it helps!

• Like 4

On 1/5/2024 at 1:59 PM, jessica_chi said:

I have lost a lot of brief ... So I keep wondering.... Which one should I do first? create an offer directly or a chat with client first to understand what I am about to get into. 

I always opt for an initial chat with the client before creating an offer.
Conversion rate out of those briefs is quite low, though.

• Like 3

On 1/5/2024 at 12:09 AM, jessica_chi said:

I was just wondering what could be the reason for missing a lot of brief 

Most buyers don't think things through when they create a brief and they realize that as soon as they start getting messages/quotes from sellers. So be that seller who can anticipate what these buyers need (even though it may be different from what they might have in the brief). Make sure you phrase your response in light of what the buyer has stated and take it to the next level by showing the buyers how you understand their needs (even ones not communicated through the briefs), and how you can meet those needs.

Buyers can't edit their briefs, so getting a response from a seller who can "see" through their imperfect brief submission and address their real needs is like gold. I've been lucky to be able to "see" and address those needs in my first message to the buyers (so I don't need to "chat up with them"). I only send one message and then leave it up to the buyers to reach out to me if they are interested. Most buyers do contact me, and it's usually because I "got" their project right away and gave them more options to consider, whereas other sellers only regurgitated the brief's content/prices in their offers or wasted the buyer's time in the inbox chatting.

Once buyers contact me, that's when we can finalize all the details before I send them a custom offer. Normally these offers are much higher than the brief price (and most buyers say that they just put the brief price down as a placeholder because they don't know all that's required for their project). Sellers who can fill-in-the-blanks for these buyers are usually the ones the buyers choose to go with.

• Like 3

I have lost a lot of brief ... So I keep wondering.... Which one should I do first? create an offer directly or a chat with client first to understand what I am about to get into. 

My initial method was to chat up with them, but before I could know, they would give it out to another seller.

So tell me what am I doing wrong ...

@vickieito

• Like 7