How can I apply for PRO program?

25 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I don't think $180 is too low for anything.

I don't think it's low either. It took me a long time with effort and strategy to up my average selling price... I started with mostly $5 orders.

Even though my success manager advised me against it, she pointed me the right direction for both pro and trs. 

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 20
  • Up 1

On 1/3/2024 at 8:20 AM, donnovan86 said:

I think you need to charge at least $40 or $50 to be considered for Pro

There are plenty of sellers with starting prices lower than that who have the checkmark next to their face.

• Like 19
  • Up 1

Guys, I want to thank you all for this answers. You are great community. I will update you - I also contacted Fiverr support, they gave me link and instructions how to apply, but based on your suggestions, first I will try to reach LVL2 seller, then, with a little bit of luck, I will try to go for it. Again, thank you for every answer, now I know where to ask when I have some questions 😄

• Like 21
  • Up 2

6 hours ago, mandyzines said:

There are plenty of sellers with starting prices lower than that who have the checkmark next to their face.

Yes, but those were added automatically to the program without even asking. It was an effort to make Fiverr Pro 2.0 larger. As far as we know, you still need to have a high price if you want to apply. The OP had, at least when I checked, a $10 price and a single review, which might not qualify him for a TRS, let alone Pro. 

I mean.. no one stops him or anyone from applying, that doesn't mean they will get into the program. 

• Like 20
  • Up 1

15 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

TRS is a tier above Pro (my opinion), a new seller may get a Pro badge but won't get the TRS until they earned it over time/hard work.

Well unless something changed, Pro is for 1% of the Fiverr users, while way more of them are TRS. So at least theoretically it should be harder to become a Pro. I guess the experience varies for everyone. Regardless, I don't see a person selling stuff at $10 being admitted as a Pro seller. 

• Like 22
  • Up 1

45 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Pro is for 1% of the Fiverr users,

They say 1% of the “applicants”, but I think it is less.

They are also limiting the number of PRO sellers. I noticed yesterday, that you cannot apply anymore for the “Technical writing category”. So I assume that they have reached their limit of PRO sellers in this category.

• Like 20
  • Up 2

33 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

They say 1% of the “applicants”, but I think it is less.

Though they also automatically made people Pro quite recently who didn't apply for it. But only a certain % (lowish percent of users) might apply for it.

It probably does depend on the category/subcategory.

eg. if might be harder to be a Pro in the Logo Design category than the Website Development category.

Logo Design, recom. sort shows "250,000+ services". 176 pro services available.

176 is 0.0704% of 250,000
so about 0.0704% of gigs there are pro gigs,

Programming & Tech, Website Development

180,000+ services available, 673 Pro services avail. 673 is about 0.374% of 180,000
So about 0.374% of gigs there are pro gigs.

So both those are less than 1%. Though that's gigs not sellers. If Pro sellers have a lower percentage of active gigs on their profiles than the average seller with gigs does then the % of Pro sellers in those categories will be higher probably.

But (ignoring the sellers given the Pro badge without asking for it), if there are about 0.374% of sellers in some categories with the Pro badge, if only a low percentage of sellers apply for it, that probably could mean more than 1% of applicants in those particular categories could get chosen.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 20

36 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

only a certain % (lowish percent of users) might apply for it.

And my case was special. Fiverr asked me to join PRO in 2022 (a year before Fiverr was starting to give the PRO badge to a lot of sellers).  

• Like 15
  • Up 1

12 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Yes, but those were added automatically to the program without even asking. It was an effort to make Fiverr Pro 2.0 larger. As far as we know, you still need to have a high price if you want to apply. The OP had, at least when I checked, a $10 price and a single review, which might not qualify him for a TRS, let alone Pro. 

I mean.. no one stops him or anyone from applying, that doesn't mean they will get into the program. 

Nope. There are people I know who applied, were accepted, still have lower-priced gigs, and have that blue checkmark next to their face. One person's had a $5 gig the entire time. I don't know how they endure that.

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 19
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, mandyzines said:

Nope. There are people I know who applied, were accepted, still have lower-priced gigs, and have that blue checkmark next to their face. One person's had a $5 gig the entire time. I don't know how they endure that.

Then I should  be upset because when I applied my denial only mentioned the price... 

I don't know what you see as a low priced gig, however I didn't see any Pro seller with $5-$10 gigs, at least within my niche. Regardless, as I said, the OP barely has any reviews, just one, and very low prices. I was realistic in saying that the chances of him becoming a TRS or Pro sellers are very slim to none. One can always apply, no one stops us unless the applications are closed. However, I took a more realistic approach. Sure, it MIGHT happen, but chances are it won't...

• Like 17
  • Up 1

6 hours ago, mandyzines said:

There are people I know who applied, were accepted, still have lower-priced gigs, and have that blue checkmark next to their face.

A Pro seller can have lower prized gigs, but they will not be marked as a PRO gig.

• Like 17
  • Up 2

20 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

however I didn't see any Pro seller with $5-$10 gigs

The information is here: https://www.fiverr.com/cp/pro-freelancers?source=top_nav

So, similar to what @filipdevaere mentioned, you can be a Pro seller with lower-priced gigs. It's just that those gigs won't be in the Pro catalog. They will still have your profile page summary integrated in, which has your photo with that blue checkmark next to your face.

Although, it also says that freelancer applications for Fiverr Pro are not being accepted right now.

5Rpro.png

5RproApp.png

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 18

18 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

So, similar to what @filipdevaere mentioned, you can be a Pro seller with lower-priced gigs.

I didn't see any Pro sellers at the $5 or $10 levels. If so, I might have to reconsider applying 😛 But I never saw any myself.

You can still apply to Pro though, https://fiverr.formtitan.com/ftproject/pro_aplication_form. It still seems to be open for applications, although I am not sure if they are considering any Pro sellers right now. Maybe that link is outdated, because the link I shared above is from a newer page. 

Regardless, as I said , if you have a very low price and little to no experience or reviews, the chances of Fiverr accepting your Pro application are very low. That's the realistic approach here. 

14 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

A Pro seller can have lower prized gigs, but they will not be marked as a PRO gig.

Sure, lower as in $50 or $30.. but not $5 or $10. 

Realistically Fiverr won't consider a $5 or $10 seller with a couple reviews (or none) to be a TRS or a Pro seller. That's what I was saying. Sure, there are Pro sellers that were automatically converted to Pro from TRS, but accepting someone with a $5-$10 gig as a Pro seller, I never saw that myself. If so, I have to reconsider applying 😄

• Like 18

On 1/4/2024 at 9:24 PM, donnovan86 said:

As far as we know, you still need to have a high price if you want to apply. 

Some of us knew otherwise, and are trying to help.

8 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

a $5 or $10 seller

I give up.

• Like 16

58 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

I give up.

Share a link to a $5 or $10 seller that's also listed as a Pro seller though. I clearly meant people with their gig prices predominantly $5-$10. I understand what you are saying, but I never saw anyone with that starting price being a Pro seller. I kept my prices very low, around that pricepoint, and when I applied for Pro I was declined with pricing being a factor. So that's why I am saying people at this pricepoint can't become Pro, based on my personal experience. That's why I am curious and why I am asking for a link to someone that is a Pro seller at this pricepoint. 

Again, the OP was offering $10 services and just had one review so.. I just encouraged him to acquire more reviews and maybe offer higher-priced services if he really wants to become a Pro. I don't get the "I give up" part of your message, but clearly we won't find a middleground in this conversation, so it's better to just move on.

• Like 18

45 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

I agree. If factual, official documentation doesn't help clear things up then what's the point, right?

https://help-pro.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/17029281011217-How-to-Become-a-Fiverr-Pro-freelancer You can find all info and apply from here. Your link says no applications are accepted for now, yet via this link you can apply. Both from official sources, so it's anyone's guess if they are accepting or not. Assuming this is a newer article, which seems to be, they are accepting new sellers, but only for certain categories. However, as you can see, both are from Fiverr, and from my link you can actually apply right now. But they only have openings for certain categories within each niche, not all of them. That's why I assume this one is a bit newer, because they might be updating what categories are available and which ones are not, for the time being. 

• Like 18

I got the Pro Badge when i was a level 2 seller. 
My gig is about Wordpress Site Development, and I noticed a difference in number of orders and higher paying clients.
One of the reasons is that Pro sellers also get contacted by Pro buyers.

Minimum price for the gig is $100. 
I have two gigs, and the one that has a price lower than $100 does not have the pro badge displayed.

• Like 14

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I have the same question as I wanted to apply for Fiverr Pro, I am a Fiver Level Two Seller and completed more than 500 orders with average selling price $539. I currently checked and got the link to apply but it doesn't show my category Mobile App Development so how can I get that and apply for Pro.

Thank you 🙂

• Like 4