Can I put my work on a portfolio which is already delivered to a client through order on FIverr?

hamzayounis_105

Question

I have a bunch of work that I want to display on my profile portfolio. is it necessary to ask the client first or should I just upload that work without asking them, will I be violating any rules if I upload without asking them?

Please guide me about this, thanks

• Like 9

7 answers to this question

If the client approved that sample to be shown on your portfolio while accepting the delivery, you're good to go. 

If the client didn't approve that sample to be shown on your portfolio on the first place, you have to ask for permission.

Detailed information on the Help Center 👉 https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011421218-Gig-policies

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Hi @jejopads,

If the buyer unchecked the box while accepting the delivery, usually it means that the buyer doesn't want that sample to be shown. On the other hand, if you both agreed in advance and talked about that before delivering the order, you can send a message to the buyer through the Fiverr inbox (from the order page, if you don't have an open chat with the buyer yet) and ask for permission.

Customer support can't help you with this... I mean, they can help you somehow but they can't get back your sample and they won't contact the buyer. It's just a longer process. No need to waste time on both sides. If you are 100% sure that you're not bothering your client and that you both talked about this before, send a kind message through the inbox asking permission to share a specific sample (attach it to the message).

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Hey there, @trombonhero! It's me again. You responded to one of my threads yesterday and I'm really grateful. I hope you don't mind if I ask for help again!

On 1/29/2024 at 7:23 PM, trombonhero said:

If the client didn't approve that sample to be shown on your portfolio on the first place, you have to ask for permission.

How do you ask for permission? Is this something we can request thru customer support or just asking the buyer directly and literally for consent? 

If it's the former, is there anyway it could still show on my live portfolio (granted the work has already been delivered and is in WAV form)? I assume if it's the latter, I'd just have to upload it myself into my gig profile. This might be an anecdotal and niche encounter so I don't expect to receive perfect answers. 🙂

Thanks!

Edited by jejopads
  • Like 3

Thanks for responding. I already have 3 audio file samples in my gig (not live portfolio) and couldn't add more so I'm hoping I could get the work I delivered uploaded to my live portfolio but that's exactly where the issue stated above lies. My buyer must have mistakenly disallowed sharing my work even though we both agreed to show it so I'm hoping if I could ask him again to check the box that allows sharing my delivered work.

• Like 2

Yes, you can showcase the work you've delivered to clients on Fiverr in your portfolio. However, it's essential to respect client confidentiality and privacy. Before adding any work to your portfolio, seek permission from the client and ensure that it aligns with Fiverr's terms of service. Some clients may have specific preferences regarding the display of the work, so communication and consent are key to maintaining a positive professional relationship.

• Like 1
  • Up 1