Client Invites Me to a Meeting outside Fiverr Before Placing an Order. What Should I do?

jonayet987

Question

One of my clients invites me to join a meeting outside Fiverr (Meet) to discuss the project. In this case, what should I do? Should I join the call? 

As I know Fiverr doesn't allow joining meetings outside the platform, I declined to join. So the client went away. 

What is the best way to do in this type of case?

• Like 15
  • Up 3

16 answers to this question

2 hours ago, jonayet987 said:

One of my clients invites me to join a meeting outside Fiverr (Meet) to discuss the project. In this case, what should I do? Should I join the call? 

As I know Fiverr doesn't allow joining meetings outside the platform, I declined to join. So the client went away. 

If you want to do freelancing work on Fiverr, it's best not to communicate with clients elsewhere, for an a order if Fiverr somehow understands that you communicate with clients externally, your account may have problems.

• Like 17
  • Up 4

7 hours ago, jonayet987 said:

hello there, You can tell him that this goes against Fiverr's terms and conditions. However, if he still insists, report and block him.

• Like 14
  • Up 3

@jonayet987, Do you have the video icon in your inbox messages?

image.png.dcdf05bf167e1adf0c744743d685b02e.png

I always tell buyers that we are only allowed to communicate on Fiverr's platform and that we can video chat using Fiverr Zoom. Usually they are fine with this option.

If you click on the Fiverr Zoom option, a link will be created. This link can also be shared by the buyer with other team members to join. Just make sure that you set boundaries (for example, the first 30 minutes of video consultation is free, and additional minutes come with a fee), so that buyers will respect your time. Some sellers also set limits on the number of people who can be on the Zoom call.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 17
  • Up 3

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

Just make sure that you set boundaries (for example, the first 30 minutes of video consultation is free, and additional minutes come with a fee), so that buyers will respect your time. Some sellers also set limits on the number of people who can be on the Zoom call.

This is great, thank you! I have never thought about that.

• Like 13

On 12/29/2023 at 5:09 PM, strategist_ceo said:

If you want to continue offering your services on Fiverr, you must be okay with losing clients due to this. 

Thank you for your confirmation on this issue. 

• Like 11

On 12/30/2023 at 4:01 AM, vickieito said:

@jonayet987, Do you have the video icon in your inbox messages?

I always tell buyers that we are only allowed to communicate on Fiverr's platform and that we can video chat using Fiverr Zoom. Usually they are fine with this option.

If you click on the Fiverr Zoom option, a link will be created. This link can also be shared by the buyer with other team members to join. Just make sure that you set boundaries (for example, the first 30 minutes of video consultation is free, and additional minutes come with a fee), so that buyers will respect your time. Some sellers also set limits on the number of people who can be on the Zoom call.

Thank you, Vickieito, for your valuable guideline. I truly appreciate it. The video icon becomes available once the order is placed and can be found on the order page. Since you're a Seller Plus Program member, can you access this option before placing an order? Thank you Vickieito.

• Like 10

On 12/29/2023 at 5:55 PM, sreeti7077rani said:

If you want to do freelancing work on Fiverr, it's best not to communicate with clients elsewhere, for an a order if Fiverr somehow understands that you communicate with clients externally, your account may have problems.

Thank you for your time to share this valuable insight. It truly helps me to clear my confusion. 

• Like 11

On 12/30/2023 at 2:16 AM, nahidhasan_rony said:

Don't do this. It's against Fiverr rules and conditions. Please avoid this 

Thank you for your time to share this valuable insight. It truly helps me to clear my confusion. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, jonayet987 said:

can you access this option before placing an order?

Hi @jonayet987,

For the inbox Zoom calls: ALL sellers can initiate Zoom calls with a Fiverr Pro or Fiverr Select buyer but only leveled sellers with an ASP of $50 or more can initiate Zoom calls for all buyers (so this isn't related to Seller Plus).

image.png.ec597d4b97463f7547425f44e4eab86c.png

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011062838-Video-calls-Zoom-calls-

• Like 12

On 1/1/2024 at 5:12 PM, vickieito said:

Hi @jonayet987,

For the inbox Zoom calls: ALL sellers can initiate Zoom calls with a Fiverr Pro or Fiverr Select buyer but only leveled sellers with an ASP of $50 or more can initiate Zoom calls for all buyers (so this isn't related to Seller Plus).

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011062838-Video-calls-Zoom-calls-

Thank you, Vickieito, for your invaluable guidance. It helped me to understand video call terms. I am deeply grateful for your support and expertise.

• Like 6

On 1/2/2024 at 10:37 AM, edward2fan47 said:

I had this happen to me as a buyer and have been ripped off because of it.  I cannot find how to report a violation since I don't have an order number.  Can someone please help?

Contact Fiverr support and provide a clear explanation of your issue. Expect to receive assistance within 12 hours.

• Like 6