Note to Buyers: AI Content Detectors are Not Accurate

russflex

@uk1000, unfortunately, I'm not that tech savvy and don't myself know those things. however, I copied our inbox conversation and put it to some online AI detector which showed 'high chances' of being created through AI. 

However, I wanted to save my a** and accepted the cancellation. Didn't want the buyer to go to cs where, I might have been penalized/warned for using AI, which in fact, I didn't. 

In some cases, mental peace is more important that money. 

I also believe that the client (who was new and this was their first order on Fiverr) might have gotten my work for free! I got robbed probably. 

• Like 8
  • Up 2

Just this morning, I've included in the FAQ of my beta reading gig, as well as in my book report template, that I will not use AI in any way to analyse my buyer's manuscript, and that I'm committed to using only my human judgement. Waiting to see how that pans out in respect to building trust.

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

One point to add is that the more structured your content is, the more likely it is to be detected as AI. This is quite unavoidable if the content requires a list of points, features, steps, etc.

In addition to that, as an Arabic/English content writer, most of the tools that claim to be optimized for Arabic are simply listing it there as if nobody will check. It becomes my word against an established, fancy-looking tool online. This becomes a real challenge to convince new clients of the quality they are getting when they hire a native Arabic speaker. AI has a long way to go to be fully optimized for Arabic.

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

I recently checked the text of one of my gigs via one of these detectors. I got the evidence that they are c**p, as I personally wrote such description years ago and without any AI assistance. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, nasir_always said:

We understand your frustration. It's tough when AI detectors mislabel our genuine work. Many writers are facing similar challenges. Educating buyers about the value of human creativity versus AI efficiency could help. Let's advocate for a fair assessment of our craft together.

Funny.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

On 5/11/2024 at 11:42 AM, rabihumakhan said:

However, I wanted to save my a** and accepted the cancellation. Didn't want the buyer to go to cs where, I might have been penalized/warned for using AI, which in fact, I didn't. 

You made a wise decision. When a canceled order is involved, the buyer can leave a public review but not a private one, which is far more damaging to your SSS.  

• Like 8
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2024 at 11:25 AM, andywarburton said:

Just as an idea, writers if you use a tool like Google Docs for your writing, you should be able to show the document history to the client that shows it was written over a period of time. AI text wouldn’t have that because it would be copy and pasted.

That's an interesting idea. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2024 at 10:10 AM, creative_howl said:

Huh, agreed.

"When we at OpenAI tried to train an AI-generated content detector, we found that it labeled human-written text like Shakespeare and the Declaration of Independence as AI-generated."

The article feels like it was... not written by AI, but that maybe some of the bullet points were summarized with AI. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...