The future of AI - just wandering thought about the future

tintran

Sellers try their best to flush out requirements and deliveries aiming for 5 stars.

The data conversations and the deliver has sellers and buyers inputs. The result is by the seller and buyers.

In the future, if Fiverr employs AI that reads this kind of data for training.

Fiverr should make a model where they pay royalties to the AI developers that use this data, and the seller's data.
So what do buyers get in this equation? given that they also gave the requirements? cheap service, at least with AI it's gonna be super cheaper compared to real sellers.
But because it's cheaper, it's going to do way more sales, and given that if they pay royalties to the AI developers and the sellers too.
I would gladly have a robot AI replace me as long as I get a piece of the pie. And the AI developers should get a piece too.
Because value of automation is realized much more in the future.
For as long as this system is in place, buyers will get amazing service as it's trained on high-star rating intelligence for cheap.
It reduces their cost of service or products.
And everyone can benefit.
I don't expect everyone agree with this view, but that's the only way I see it that is most fair to all parties.
And then sellers can be free being paid out from their past data because the AI is doing most of it and more of it faster....odd cases that the AI can't handle can be off loaded to real sellers. It's like having software robots working for people.
and quality will improve even more over time.
This model doesn't underpay AI developers, or Seller's data solutions data and buyers are getting their services super cheap in the future.
Fiverr can still make whatever they're making now being that it's Fiverr's platform.
What do you all think... I could be wrong.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, vibronx said:

I wouldn't. I like working.

Same here.

1 hour ago, tintran said:

It's like a forced situation/move because if Fiverr doesn't build this AI, other site will and knock Fiverr out of competition.

I think you severely underestimate the power of the human mind. Just because some things can be automated, that doesn't mean everything will. If you're so worried about AI taking over, maybe you may want to find another job that won't be touched by AI.

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vibronx said:

I wouldn't. I like working.

Me too. Also, I don't trust that companies would dip into their potential profits by providing people with royalties. It's not like we've seen anything from the collection and sales of our data. The thought of no royalties and instead receiving a universal basic income is even more frightening. We're a waste of resources at that point.

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

What can you guarantee won't? 

There's no guarantee, but I can only assume that farming, medical services, dentists, some form of entertainment won't be replaced by AI. Even writing, despite the fact that some will just use AI to write stuff, the truth is that you will always have people that want human-written content. That won't go away, and that's why I am not very worried about AI myself. Of course things always change, but we can always adapt. That's why it's hard to create a list, because things are always subject to change. 

• Like 17

19 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I think you severely underestimate the power of the human mind. Just because some things can be automated, that doesn't mean everything will. If you're so worried about AI taking over, maybe you may want to find another job that won't be touched by AI.

I hope you are right and I am wrong. I am fascinated by the power of AI and at the same afraid that it'll be used only by top dogs.

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

There's no guarantee, but I can only assume that farming, medical services, dentists, some form of entertainment won't be replaced by AI. Even writing, despite the fact that some will just use AI to write stuff, the truth is that you will always have people that want human-written content. That won't go away, and that's why I am not very worried about AI myself. Of course things always change, but we can always adapt. That's why it's hard to create a list, because things are always subject to change. 

I too see no guarantee and assume a lot! I can see all that you've listed not involving humans at some point. There's already talk about AI/machines farming and tech moguls buying farmland, for instance. Doctors already utilize AI systems for diagnostics and robots are being worked on. I want to believe that anything in the creative realm would have a demand for humans, but I think it really depends on consumers and notably what/who they are influenced by. A lot of people have already fallen in love with the idea of transhumanism and believe the idea put forth that AI will always be available to the average citizen. I'm not sure if you like rabbit holes but recommend looking into Walter Lippmann and Edward Bernays' contributions to...behavioral science. 

There's a lot of money behind the AI revolution. 

A part of the cluster of highly influential financiers is Yuval Harari, who has spoken a great deal about this. If you are unfamiliar with him and his affiliations, it's also a fascinating rabbit hole! He's gone so far as saying AI/automation will create a "useless class" of global citizens that will have to cope with the help of video games and medications. I recommend watching his World Economic Forum speeches from prior to about two years ago, because his language has changed since then. Here he is recently talking to us, not his partners or peers, about how creative AI is:

All in all, it seems like a whac-a-mole situation to me.

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, mandyzines said:

There's already talk about AI/machines farming and tech moguls buying farmland, for instance. Doctors already utilize AI systems for diagnostics and robots are being worked on.

Exactly, they are using AI as a tool. AI is not replacing them. 

Regardless, as I said, it's hard to predict things, I am not thinking many years ahead. In just a year, AI did its number on Fiverr orders and a lot of people are struggling right now. Plus, with these changes like reviews for canceled orders and now a new public review system with emoji, Fiverr is eliminating even more sellers from the equation. It was never easy to be a freelancer, but it seems now it's one of the most challenging times yet. However as I said, we have to adapt. I don't focus on what the future of AI is, because I don't really care about AI. I know there's a ton of money in the industry and that attracts lots of players, even Windows 12 will have AI features. But the things is, we need to learn how to use it, not to make it fully replace us. 

• Like 15

3 hours ago, tintran said:

I hope you are right and I am wrong. I am fascinated by the power of AI and at the same afraid that it'll be used only by top dogs.

That's always how change will be. Obviously we just have assumptions man. It's hard to predict how things change. But as I said to Mandy earlier, if we don't adapt... there's not a whole lot we can do. It is scary and challenging, but AI might open new opportunities too. 

• Like 13

If there was an AI in the message thread that said "Typically the buyer means X when they say Y and the outcome would look like the attached example. Typically this service would also include feature Z, which has not been described in the buyer's spec, so it may be beneficial to prompt the buyer for a clarification on how they want it handled." it would probably add value. Most generative AI tools don't yet seem capable of meaningfully replacing meaningful contributors.

• Like 11
  • Up 1

FIrstly, AI is alot further along than our governments lead us to believe.  AI has many potentials, mostly good but of course bad things will happen, already happening.  Question for me is what happens when AI takes most of our jobs... what are we to do in a world of AI and no work?

There will need to be a restructuring to our world regarding currency and whether or not we pay for most things such as housing, utilities, groceries to name a few.

When will AI learn how to hate, hurt, destroy?

• Like 9