Old account that is deactived still has my phone number

close_listener

Question

So I have an old account that had my old phone number and i forgot to delete when i made my new account because it was asking for my phone number and it said it was on my old account. So I went on my old account and delete the whole account. Even thou I deactivated it, Fiverr is still saying its in use and now I got myself locked out of my account. Has anyone experienced this and what is the usual outcome to this issue?

2023-11-05_5-40-31.jpg

• Like 3

3 answers to this question

11 hours ago, close_listener said:

So I have an old account that had my old phone number and i forgot to delete when i made my new account because it was asking for my phone number and it said it was on my old account. So I went on my old account and delete the whole account. Even thou I deactivated it, Fiverr is still saying its in use and now I got myself locked out of my account. Has anyone experienced this and what is the usual outcome to this issue?

5 hours ago, close_listener said:

I personally deactivated it because I didn't want that accounts name anymore

According to Fiverr's Help Center, you have to contact CS to permanently deactivate your previous account (otherwise your phone number will still be linked to that deleted account):

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010215497-How-to-deactivate-or-permanently-delete-your-account

Let CS know the reason and once the account is permanently disabled, you should be able to attach your phone number to this new account.

• Like 2