hi!

hey guys! i just joined fiverr a few days ago and i already have my first order (from my dad’s friend)! i design logos. i am a little nervous tho bc i forgot that the revisions have to be within the time frame and i assumed that was just for the first drafts so i just sent my buyer the concepts a couple hours ago when im supposed to deliver the final version tomorrow! hopefully he gets back to me quickly! 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

update: he didn't get back to me and so now my order is late and I let him know that I requested to extend the deadline but idk if he knows he needs to accept it bc he hasn't yet.... also do you guys know if fiverr makes customers pay up front? because what if he just takes my drafts and runs with them? my dad said he knows his friend to do stuff like that.. I spent 9 hrs on his logos so I'm like ://

• Like 12

On 11/4/2023 at 12:03 PM, glamorous_logos said:

hey guys! i just joined fiverr a few days ago and i already have my first order (from my dad’s friend)! i design logos. i am a little nervous tho bc i forgot that the revisions have to be within the time frame and i assumed that was just for the first drafts so i just sent my buyer the concepts a couple hours ago when im supposed to deliver the final version tomorrow! hopefully he gets back to me quickly! 

You are fortunate because you have Dad's friend. I hope you complete the first order safely. 

• Like 10

10 hours ago, rankinfinite said:

How are you going to explain to them? Are they replying on the order page already?

he is replying both on the order page and via text. I texted him saying that I need to extend the date again and that he has to accept my last request before I can do that. I also asked him if he is still interested in revisions. he said he will be in touch. if he doesn't get back to me abt revisions in a few days I will find a way to politely let him know that I haven't gotten paid yet.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, glamorous_logos said:

I will find a way to politely let him know that I haven't gotten paid yet.

Your dad's friend already paid (this activates the order). However, Fiverr will hold all funds until after you deliver an acceptable order. You will receive your earnings (80% of the order's total) 14 days after the order closes.

1 hour ago, glamorous_logos said:

he is replying both on the order page and via text. I texted him saying that I need to extend the date again and that he has to accept my last request before I can do that. I also asked him if he is still interested in revisions.

You can cancel the current request to extend the delivery date and create a new request - give yourself plenty of time to deliver (especially if you have a buyer who is slow to respond).

If you ever do need to extend in the future, extend the order at least 2 days before the order is scheduled to deliver - this is because if the buyer doesn't respond, the order will automatically be extended.

Also, when you state "text," I hope you meant through Fiverr's app. All communication related to orders must remain on Fiverr's platform, even if you know the person. This allows Fiverr to protect you (and sometimes compensate you for your lost earnings) if a buyer does disappear on you. If you communicate by any other means, it violates Fiverr's ToS.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 10

5 hours ago, vickieito said:

You can cancel the current request to extend the delivery date and create a new request - give yourself plenty of time to deliver (especially if you have a buyer who is slow to respond).

just did this, thanks! I was afraid that if I canceled the request I wouldn't be able to create another, so thanks

5 hours ago, vickieito said:

All communication related to orders must remain on Fiverr's platform, even if you know the person. This allows Fiverr to protect you (and sometimes compensate you for your lost earnings) if a buyer does disappear on you. If you communicate by any other means, it violates Fiverr's ToS.

oh, I was not aware of this. we were using regular iPhone texting. I will let him know about this.

thanks so much!

• Like 10

9 hours ago, glamorous_logos said:

he is replying both on the order page and via text. I texted him saying that I need to extend the date again and that he has to accept my last request before I can do that. I also asked him if he is still interested in revisions. he said he will be in touch. if he doesn't get back to me abt revisions in a few days I will find a way to politely let him know that I haven't gotten paid yet.

Sounds good then. All the best!

• Like 9