If a message does not translate to an order do I get de-ranked?

nickpanjo

Question

Okay, so I did some SEO for my gig recently and I ranked my gig number 2 on the first page on the keyword unreal engine game development, since then I've been getting more impressions and clicks and got 4 messages from it 2 of Them were asking for something very absurd they wanted a full game that would need a budget of millions of dollars and a whole company working on it the other 2 did not message me back probably because someone else got them first or gave them a better offer and today I decided to check my rank again just to find out that I'm on the bottom of the first page now and I belive that It's because of the messages not translating into orders but I need confirmation so that is why im posting. Thanks to everyone who answers.

• Like 6

4 answers to this question

It could be that your gig needs to be refactored since you changed the keywords, but don't quote me on that. I created a JavaScript project and without any SEO it ranked 17th in Google search results - that shocked me. So I added a meta description and all of a sudden it tanked - I could not even find it in the search results. Eventually, it returned to its original position.

By the way, how did you go about doing SEO research on your gig?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, nickpanjo said:

tried looking at other people's gigs seeing what the tags and the titles looked liked also I changed some stuff again 2 hours ago and it dropped to 7th page so I will need to do some more work I want to rank it on the keyword unreal engine but not successful with that so far 

When you change stuff in your gig, that gig might be removed from search for a bit.

Also the results you see are not what everyone sees. Every customer's results are different, not only based on their purchase/browsing history, but also the amount they spend, etc. Plus, everyone tends to use filters and so on.. So I wouldn't worry that much. However, if there are no messages and nothing seems to budget in regards to your gig, that might be a sign of concern.

• Like 4