There should be something in between "Level 2" and "Top Rated".

biggerant

Don't you feel that there should be something in between level 2 and top-rated badges, we all know the vetting process is manual and takes lots of additional metrics into account. but also there are a lot of sellers who possess all the standards for years to become the top Rated but they are not being promoted to TR. which is sometimes very discouraging and frustrating. So, there should be something for them to distinguish them from those who just became level 2. any opinion 

• Like 7
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe the seller's level is important to getting orders. If I am a buyer, do I go with a seller with a proven track record as indicated in their seller level, or do I risk going with a new seller who is an unknown quantity? Both sellers may be equally matched in terms of ability, but I have no way of knowing that without a seller level or the subsequent reviews. I'd have to pay to find out.

It may not factor into the algorithm, but the perception of services is key to the success of any business venture.

So should there be a level above Level Two? Absolutely. I think there should be a few. Look at how many levels there are in the forum?

However, I'm not sure how increased levels benefit the buyer's experience. Would it add confusion? Would new levels freeze out new sellers as they fall further down the ladder? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, shaunbaines said:

So should there be a level above Level Two? Absolutely. I think there should be a few. Look at how many levels there are in the forum?

The leveling system is getting a revamp. However, I am pretty sure they are not adding a new level, which is unfortunate. I agree that there's quite the disconnect between level 1/2 and TRS/PRO. You have a platform with only level 2 sellers, mostly, so that makes it even harder to differentiate sellers. Someone can pay a friend to buy 50 orders from them and all of a sudden they become a level 2, same as me, and I've been 10 years+ on the platform already. There's no differentiator..

• Like 4
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

You have a platform with only level 2 sellers, mostly, so that makes it even harder to differentiate sellers.

For levelled sellers, yes. Though most sellers are still unlevelled (or level "0").

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

Someone can pay a friend to buy 50 orders from them and all of a sudden they become a level 2,

It's unlikely though because they'd likely get caught and also it would cost them $2000+service/other fees. It's unlikely they'd want to pay that much to try affect their friend's level, especially if there's a good chance their accounts could get banned when found out.

I do think they should increase the number of levels above level 2 though, as that is the level that has much more than other levels >=1. A few years ago they did change the conditions for levels so they could distribute the levels the way they wanted. Maybe they might do the same again soon. I thought they recently decreased the requirements for TRS (to $10K instead of 20K?) so maybe they're trying to distribute more level 2s to TRS to make it a bit more evenly distributed.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

You have a platform with only level 2 sellers, mostly, so that makes it even harder to differentiate sellers.

That's totally true and means there is a bottle neck of Level 2 sellers with nothing to mark them out as good or bad (or shifty.) I didn't know about the revamp so it will be interesting to see what occurs.  Hopefully, it will be a way of recognising those people who have put in the hard yards.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, uk1000 said:

For levelled sellers, yes. Though most sellers are still unlevelled (or level "0").

3 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Sure, but in that case I was referring to people that are actively selling on the platform. There's no differentiator between someone that sold 50 gigs in 2 months and someone that sold thousands or tens of thousands. They are still level 2.

2 hours ago, uk1000 said:

It's unlikely though because they'd likely get caught and also it would cost them $2000+service/other fees. It's unlikely they'd want to pay that much to try affect their friend's level, especially if there's a good chance their accounts could get banned when found out.

Obviously it was just an example, but even then, 50 x $5 gigs + fees, I think it's $400 or less?  What I meant is that people have ways to cheat the system. Sure, they could get caught, but my focus was on differentiating sellers, if someone wants, they can become a level 2 seller by cheating, and they would have an equal level to me or someone else that has been here for years. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Obviously it was just an example, but even then, 50 x $5 gigs + fees, I think it's $400 or less?

Yes but then they wouldn't get their friend to level 2 by doing that. For level 2 you have 50 orders and "A minimum of $2,000 in earnings" (according to Fiverr help) so their friend would need to spend that much to get them there if they were doing all the ordering, which is unlikely. And a min of $400 to achieve level 1. The buyer would also need to pay services charges etc.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

The buyer would also need to pay services charges etc.

True. Again it was a hypothesis. The thing is, they would still have lots of reviews and surpass others. And people can try to cheat the system, although thankfully Fiverr is much better these days at figuring these things out, based on how many people write on the forum saying they were banned. 

21 minutes ago, shaunbaines said:

That's totally true and means there is a bottle neck of Level 2 sellers with nothing to mark them out as good or bad (or shifty.) I didn't know about the revamp so it will be interesting to see what occurs.  Hopefully, it will be a way of recognising those people who have put in the hard yards.

Eh, it's a change coming soon. Don't expect too much of a change. It's definitely a step in the right direction, I think so at least. But there will also be people complaining about changes.

• Like 5
  • Up 1